ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Carr

So
Can sticks with Pitt 3 years and graduates with honors early- and is dead to you
Carr plays one season which was historically bad - and then fled- and folks enjoy him? Weird
He is only dead to me because of where he went. Same with his brother. I absolutely despise that program. He could have played for so many other teams and I would have continued to root for him. He could have been Mother Theresa of Calcutta, if she went to Carolina, I would still hate!

Well, we know stats can never be deceiving. You have convinced me. He hasnt improved since his time at Pitt and isnt an ACC-level player. You guys were all right. I was wrong.

That’s certainly more convincing than your usual “because I said so” argument.

He is only dead to me because of where he went. Same with his brother. I absolutely despise that program. He could have played for so many other teams and I would have continued to root for him. He could have been Mother Theresa of Calcutta, if she went to Carolina, I would still hate!
The local kid who played for Pitt and graduated with honors , as a 2 star after thought - who became a nba first rounder

yesh that’s a tough guy to like

let’s keep talking about a kid who quit Pitt after a pathetic single season and has been gone two years

No anger
Total indifference
Why so loyal to a quitter ?

Eff him sounds a little angry to me.

And by the way, they both quit. One because the fanbase treated him and his team like dirt. And completely misjudged how good he could be. I can understand and won't blame him reason for getting out of town. I wouldn't want to stay where I'm not wanted.

Now the other guy could have stayed but was more interested in furthering his NBA prospects. I think most critical "get it" about his leaving. But anyone who thinks playing for the tarheels wouldn't sting a little is missing a few brain cells.

And please quit dropping "obsessed" and "loyal fanboys" like they were nickels. Nine years running you have never found a Wanny thread and failed to weigh in on. Look in the mirror before you call other obsessed.

Reactions: jctrack
Well, we know stats can never be deceiving. You have convinced me. He hasnt improved since his time at Pitt and isnt an ACC-level player. You guys were all right. I was wrong.

In addition to bragging about things that you didn't predict, one of your best qualities is the way that you can construct strawmen and then knock them down with relative ease.

I wonder why someone with your superior basketball "knowledge" feels the need to do that?

Reactions: Ski11585
In addition to bragging about things that you didn't predict, one of your best qualities is the way that you can construct strawmen and then knock them down with relative ease.

I wonder why someone with your superior basketball "knowledge" feels the need to do that?

Not sure how you can question the motives of someone who is nearly always correct in his assumptions. It must be true as I see him post it on here all the time.

And by the way, they both quit. One because the fanbase treated him and his team like dirt. And completely misjudged how good he could be. I can understand and won't blame him reason for getting out of town. I wouldn't want to stay where I'm not wanted.

Now the other guy could have stayed but was more interested in furthering his NBA prospects. I think most critical "get it" about his leaving. But anyone who thinks playing for the tarheels wouldn't sting a little is missing a few brain cells.

And please quit dropping "obsessed" and "loyal fanboys" like they were nickels. Nine years running you have never found a Wanny thread and failed to weigh in on. Look in the mirror before you call other obsessed.

How did Cam quit? He earned his degree and pursued postgraduate studies to maximize his career potential. Considering he was a first rounder he made a smart move.

Reactions: jctrack

Graduating isn’t quitting

and you can stay loyal to losers and quitters like Carr and wanny

11-8 Minnesota
1-6 on the road
Leadership

glad he makes you happy
He’s just a dude on another middling team to me

I’ll root for the kids in the Pitt jerseys . You can keep rooting for a kid who hasn’t been gone twice as long as he played at Pitt
What’s the big deal? The kid was a good player on a historically bad team and it’s interesting to follow his career. No rational person would really hold it against a Stallings-era player for leaving that awful situation.

What’s the big deal? The kid was a good player on a historically bad team and it’s interesting to follow his career. No rational person would really hold it against a Stallings-era player for leaving that awful situation.
Not interesting to me
I don’t follow other teams in another conference

feel free to fixate and post on him
I’ll continue to point out how irrelevant he is to Pitt

the awful situation was corrected with firing the inept stallings

I can understand the negative feelings towards Cam. 6 or 8 years ago I could have never have dreamed of a scenario where we have someone transfer in conference. But cause to me we were every bit the one of the top 2 or 3 programs in our conference for over 10 to 12 years.

Times changed. Dramatically. But that still has to be one of the only athletes in PITT history that had a good career at Pitt but finished it with an in conference team. And a sport like basketball only takes a couple really good guys to really change the complexion of a team.

My take isn’t personal. I wish him well. He didn’t do anything outside the rules. But I also have the right as a fan to feel kind of meh at this point

Reactions: PittInMissouri
is getting it done with Minnesota. Yesterday against Michigan 21 points, 12 assists , five boards and zero turnovers. Had 27 points earlier against Purdue and on season is averaging 16/points , eight assists and five boards per game. Two more years after this of eligibility as well.
Screw Marcus Carr

Reactions: Tonyt66
It would have been interesting if we replaced Jamie with Capel without the Stallings detour. Because from the opening PC with Stallings, it was obvious this was not going to turn out good.

I was one of the few who had hope for Stallings. I think if he would have done something that first year things might have turned out different. And he should have done something. Four seniors, plus Johnson & Luther. All he had to do was try to get any warm body to transfer in as a PG. But Stallings put zero effort into that team....nada. You don't get blown out at home by 50+ points with four seniors and an NBA first rounder on the roster. You don't screw up so bad you don't even get an NIT invite. So after that disaster first season, it was pretty evident Stallings clocked out and was just here for the payday, especially once Barnes was gone.

I know everyone loves a good Marcus Carr update :)

Last night, he was 1 rebound short of a triple-double in a win vs. Wisconsin.

Reactions: NCanton Panther
I know everyone loves a good Marcus Carr update :)

Last night, he was 1 rebound short of a triple-double in a win vs. Wisconsin.

Well his shooting % wasn't high and he didn't graduate so eff him. And while I'm thinking about it, eff Taft, Adams, and Blair. They didn't graduate either.

Reactions: JD1976
Weird how we only get updates when he plays well (and he didn't even play that well on a per minute basis - he played the entire game and shot 33% from the field). Where were the updates when he decided not to show up against Michigan State and Illinois?

Reactions: Ski11585
Weird how we only get updates when he plays well (and he didn't even play that well on a per minute basis - he played the entire game and shot 33% from the field). Where were the updates when he decided not to show up against Michigan State and Illinois?

Carr is under consideration for 1st team all conference PG. Maybe the BIG should consult you before they pull the trigger.

Nothing weird about it. Graduation was NBAfan and your litmus test. All of them had eligibility remaining at Pitt and chose to leave for various reasons. What's weird is your need to differentiate.

This is an awful take. Leaving for the pros is a good thing. You want to be a program that puts its players in the NBA - it's a massive boon for future recruiting. On the other hand, losing players to the transfer portal does nothing positive for your program.

This is an awful take. Leaving for the pros is a good thing. You want to be a program that puts its players in the NBA - it's a massive boon for future recruiting. On the other hand, losing players to the transfer portal does nothing positive for your program.

Care to tell me how many quality bigs we recruited due to Adams and Blairs entry to the NBA.
…………………...……........ Yeah, I thought so.

Nothing weird about it. Graduation was NBAfan and your litmus test. All of them had eligibility remaining at Pitt and chose to leave for various reasons. What's weird is your need to differentiate.

It's weird that you stan so hard for a dude that left the team.

Reactions: below0w
It's weird that you stan so hard for a dude that left the team.
What's weird is how so many hate Stallings so much that it bleeds on to his recruits. Why the disdain?Carr would have been an valuable asset to this team and it was a shame Capel couldn't/wouldn't retain him. He didn't quit, he escaped.

Are you actually trying to argue that putting players in the NBA is not a good thing for a program vis-a-vis future recruiting?

Jamie Dixon made a lot of mistakes that hurt our profile, then we hired Stallings. None of that changes the fact that it is an objectively, irrefutably positive thing for a program to put players in the NBA. There are obviously more dimensions to recruiting than that, but you either know that and are being willfully obtuse or need to desperately brush up on your basketball knowledge.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by pointing out that your favorite player is an inefficient volume scorer who hasn't improved at all on a per minute basis.
You are incapable of hurting my feelings.

You made the claim that leaving early for the pros yields "a massive boon" to recruiting. Your words. Well when have we reaped the benefits? Let me educate you, it hasn't happened. Never mind the disruption that almost always happens to the team when someone leaves. Just when someone gets really good, off he goes.

What's weird is how so many hate Stallings so much that it bleeds on to his recruits. Why the disdain?Carr would have been an valuable asset to this team and it was a shame Capel couldn't/wouldn't retain him. He didn't quit, he escaped.

I don't hate Carr. No disdain here. But I don't understand the fascination with updating these boards after (only) good games. Nor do I understand why some posters are getting so defensive about a guy that up and left the program. And for the record, it is different with Cam. Because Cam worked his ass off and graduated. He's a Pitt degree holder.

Direct my anger accordingly? I thought I was.

Well since Carr left Pitt, be as mad at him as you are at the others. He wasn’t forced out. He decided to leave. Which happens when coaches change (obvious, or should be). But since he left Pitt like the others you should be angry with him too, no?

I don't hate Carr. No disdain here. But I don't understand the fascination with updating these boards after (only) good games. Nor do I understand why some posters are getting so defensive about a guy that up and left the program. And for the record, it is different with Cam. Because Cam worked his ass off and graduated. He's a Pitt degree holder.

Because a lot of people who don't know basketball said he was terrible. A lot of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT