ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Carr

Well since Carr left Pitt, be as mad at him as you are at the others. He wasn’t forced out. He decided to leave. Which happens when coaches change (obvious, or should be). But since he left Pitt like the others you should be angry with him too, no?

You got me confused with someone else. I'm not angry at anyone discussed here. Just annoyed that some players get a pass and obviously one doesn't, and for half assed reasons.

It’s likely the same idiots who have been saying it about the youngsters who don’t produce immediately since forever.

It’s gonna happen again next year if Collier, Amadsun or Hugley don’t help right away.

Yea, like Drumgoole now. I have said he hasn't been good but I saw him in a HS game and the scrimmage. He's a good player. Its just going to take some time for the light to go on. Am I going to predict all-league for him like I correctly did for Carr? No. But I do think Drumgoole can be an ACC-level starter eventually.

Reactions: jctrack
You got me confused with someone else. I'm not angry at anyone discussed here. Just annoyed that some players get a pass and obviously one doesn't, and for half assed reasons.

I think maybe I missed that when you said eff Blair Taft and whoever the third was that you actually didn’t mean it. I assume now you were making a point I missed. Whoops.

However equating Carr with those guys is still a little different. But I think now I get where you were going. My bad.

I think maybe I missed that when you said eff Blair Taft and whoever the third was that you actually didn’t mean it. I assume now you were making a point I missed. Whoops.

However equating Carr with those guys is still a little different. But I think now I get where you were going. My bad.
No problem. It was nothing more than a snarky post.

I think both had really completely made up their minds to go before Capel was even hired.
Why do you think this was, DT? I never could understand why the thought of Capel, with his Duke pedigree, being their coach wouldn't have been attractive.

is getting it done with Minnesota. Yesterday against Michigan 21 points, 12 assists , five boards and zero turnovers. Had 27 points earlier against Purdue and on season is averaging 16/points , eight assists and five boards per game. Two more years after this of eligibility as well.

Carr is shooting at a high volume but only making .369%. If he put up the same numbers this year at Pitt- these trolls would be hammering him for shooting so poorly.

If he were in Pitt's rotation he would be the worst shooter in their top 8 right now.

Last edited:
I imagine it’s miserable being part of the worst P5 team ever and you probably just want to get the F out.

I'm sure losing had something to do with it, but if you were one of the few who attended games that year you would know there was a lot more in play. Describing the atmosphere as toxic doesn't begin to do it justice. Seriously, bags over students heads. The catcalls. As a fan, just a shameful experience. Can only imagine what it was like as a player.

I'm sure losing had something to do with it, but if you were one of the few who attended games that year you would know there was a lot more in play. Describing the atmosphere as toxic doesn't begin to do it justice. Seriously, bags over students heads. The catcalls. As a fan, just a shameful experience. Can only imagine what it was like as a player.

I’m sure that played a role. It was necessary though. Another year of KS and you may as well fold the program.

When you’re a player on a historically bad team .
I assume you’re aware

yet 3 of those players stayed and 2 left

Yea, like Drumgoole now. I have said he hasn't been good but I saw him in a HS game and the scrimmage. He's a good player. Its just going to take some time for the light to go on. Am I going to predict all-league for him like I correctly did for Carr? No. But I do think Drumgoole can be an ACC-level starter eventually.
I don't. I see him being quickly recruited over. It is okay, it happens in programs that are on an upward trajectory.

Why do you think this was, DT? I never could understand why the thought of Capel, with his Duke pedigree, being their coach wouldn't have been attractive.
I really have no idea — haven’t talked to anyone who has great insight other than a somewhat strange loyalty to Stallings and maybe being angry at Pitt for letting him go.

I wonder if Carr will grad transfer to a blue blood like Kentucky, Kansas, etc after next season. He has All-America potential. To be fair, I didn't think he'd be THIS good. I said potential all-league, not potentia All-American
Never thought my original post which was an FYI type post would get this much board reaction but then again this is what a message board is all about .

Carr is shooting at a high volume but only making .369%. If he put up the same numbers this year at Pitt- these trolls would be hammering him for shooting so poorly.

If he were in Pitt's rotation he would be the worst shooter in their top 8 right now.
I mean I understand some folks don’t want to root for him because he left, but this is not a good take at all. He is playing at a high level. No P5 point guard in the country is doing what he is doing in terms of the combo of scoring, assists and rebounds. His shooting had vastly improved from his freshman year and has hit some clutch jumpers (see the end of Ohio State) that very few of Pitt’s Top 8 have ever made.

I mean I understand some folks don’t want to root for him because he left, but this is not a good take at all. He is playing at a high level. No P5 point guard in the country is doing what he is doing in terms of the combo of scoring, assists and rebounds. His shooting had vastly improved from his freshman year and has hit some clutch jumpers (see the end of Ohio State) that very few of Pitt’s Top 8 have ever made.

He shot .390% as a freshman at Pitt. He's shooting worse at Minnesota.

How is his current .369% vastly better than the .390% he shot as a freshman?

He shot .390% as a freshman at Pitt. He's shooting worse at Minnesota.

How is his current .369% vastly better than the .390% he shot as a freshman?
No 37% is not great, but if you want to judge a PG by shooting alone that’s your choice. If he does get to around 40% shooting, he will be at 20 ppg to go with his assist and rebound numbers. He’s not a finished product but watching him he’s pretty clearly a significantly better all-around PG than he was.

No 37% is not great, but if you want to judge a PG by shooting alone that’s your choice. If he does get to around 40% shooting, he will be at 20 ppg to go with his assist and rebound numbers. He’s not a finished product but watching him he’s pretty clearly a significantly better all-around PG than he was.

His assist rates and rebounding rates are similar to his freshman stats. The big difference is his playing time has increased from 2 years ago.

Basically, he's largely the same player only 2 years older. The reason im pointing this out to expose a troll like SMF. I have no gripe regarding Carr but he hasn't made any great leap forward.

Reactions: below0w
His assist rates and rebounding rates are similar to his freshman stats. The big difference is his playing time has increased from 2 years ago.

Basically, he's largely the same player only 2 years older. The reason im pointing this out to expose a troll like SMF. I have no gripe regarding Carr but he hasn't made any great leap forward.
I guess my point is that he is a smoother, more confident player who plays the position differently than most. And while I don’t think he’s All-American level, he’s definitely someone who potentially projects as 1st-Team All-Big Ten as an upperclassman.

I guess my point is that he is a smoother, more confident player who plays the position differently than most. And while I don’t think he’s All-American level, he’s definitely someone who potentially projects as 1st-Team All-Big Ten as an upperclassman.

He looks the same to me. A .369% volume scorer who doesn't play defense. If that's all B1G; it says more about the talent in that league as anything.

Reactions: below0w
3 point s 2 assist s so far today
Maybe they should make this post mandatory reading.

Pitt betrayed every one on the team. But the one who could get out is scorned.
Not scorned , I just don’t root for him . It’s hard to blame anyone , even today that would choose to play bb at UNC over Pitt .

Last edited:
Not scorned , I just don’t root for him . It’s hard to blame anyone , even today that would choose to play bb at UNC over Pitt .
so the only kids you like are at Pitt?? You preferred Young & Artis??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT