ADVERTISEMENT

Mass Shooting in Squirrel Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
-The United States is on the verge of having over 300 mass shootings this year, the worst in history

-One must wonder if people actually know there is a mass shooting daily, or people ignore this or simply dont want to believe it. It happens almost every single day now.

Life is uncertain and hangs by a thread. On a day when so many of us are discussing last night's World Series, or today's college games, some families are dealing with this tragedy. All who suffered loss are in my thoughts and prayers.
Well said.

Reactions: fairgambit
I know a family who goes there, and thankfully they are OK. Little too close to home this time.

The thing that makes me the maddest is that I’m becoming numb to this stuff...
Your numb feeling is similar to mine, which is a feeling of hopelessness. This is our society now.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
1540654613344.jpg

Now we wait to see if the shooter was a democrat or a republican
Pretty sure we don’t have to wait about the intent of this terrorist or the terrorists this week.

Honestly, I don’t care about the political affiliation. This is a domestic terror event in our great city. Both Jews and Cops were targeted in this attack.

He appears to be a conspiracy theorist from just a quick search of his name of facebook. Hates jews, doesn't care for Trump so it doesn't seem like we can blame this on anything other than him being a piece of shit anti-semite. A ****ing coward to that.

-Saw this on twitter. The anger shown by people supporting or not supporting politicians is a cross between funny and sad. People spend and waste more time being angry cheerleaders for politicians that make little to zero difference in their lives...

DqhrYN1XcAA-beo.jpg:large

Another day, another mass shooting. This wont even make the national news.

This is America: the richest country on earth and also the most violent developed country on Earth. Hmmmmmm.
A.. Its been on CNN MSNBC FOX . A nd the last I heard both the president and first lady tweeted about this tragedy .

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Reactions: mike 301
You’d figure with all the technology we have nowadays, there’d be some type of software on social media websites that detect these types of threats and send it to local police, FBI, etc. who can act on it in real time.
There probably is .
Unfortunately it involves human monitoring and there are too many scum bags vs. the good guys .

You’d figure with all the technology we have nowadays, there’d be some type of software on social media websites that detect these types of threats and send it to local police, FBI, etc. who can act on it in real time.

-Without turning this into a political discussion since Im not one for politics anyway, social media is a huge problem if not the biggest problem. There is so much hate / trash talk / fighting etc... it would be impossible to even control it. Twitter should be either shut down or you are required to have your real name and photo id to use the service. I said that a long time ago.

- If the Chinese Government can completely shutdown facebook, our government should do something about social media. Wont happen because Trump is addicted to twitter like a drug addict, but it could happen in the future.

When I listen to Trump state that armed security could have changed the outcome it makes me sad. To think that armed security is needed in places of worship, schools, everywhere says to me that there’s a larger problem.

What is the larger problem? My friends on the left say it is guns. And while I see how guns could be an issue, I think there is a massive mental health problem in this country that is being treated with drugs that alter your brain chemistry. How many people would say they’ve been “depressed?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT