ADVERTISEMENT

Mass Shooting in Squirrel Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the larger problem? My friends on the left say it is guns. And while I see how guns could be an issue, I think there is a massive mental health problem in this country that is being treated with drugs that alter your brain chemistry. How many people would say they’ve been “depressed?”
Those aren’t separate issues.

But you misunderstand because the mentally ill’s brain chemistry is abnormal .
The medicine is to normalize it.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
-Without turning this into a political discussion since Im not one for politics anyway, social media is a huge problem if not the biggest problem. There is so much hate / trash talk / fighting etc... it would be impossible to even control it. Twitter should be either shut down or you are required to have your real name and photo id to use the service. I said that a long time ago.

- If the Chinese Government can completely shutdown facebook, our government should do something about social media. Wont happen because Trump is addicted to twitter like a drug addict, but it could happen in the future.
This = censorship = Not the country I would feel safe in .
Whats next ? Busting your door in for something you post on the lair ?
No thank you . Nice little dig on the president there at the end though . Nice try .

Reactions: Mikefln
You’d figure with all the technology we have nowadays, there’d be some type of software on social media websites that detect these types of threats and send it to local police, FBI, etc. who can act on it in real time.

-Without turning this into a political discussion since Im not one for politics anyway, social media is a huge problem if not the biggest problem. There is so much hate / trash talk / fighting etc... it would be impossible to even control it. Twitter should be either shut down or you are required to have your real name and photo id to use the service. I said that a long time ago.

- If the Chinese Government can completely shutdown facebook, our government should do something about social media. Wont happen because Trump is addicted to twitter like a drug addict, but it could happen in the future.

The Government should also shut down the hateful internet forums these psychos log into. That’s where they find other likeminded imbeciles. I used to log into chat forums on the dark web, that was flat out terrifying.

-Saw this on twitter. The anger shown by people supporting or not supporting politicians is a cross between funny and sad. People spend and waste more time being angry cheerleaders for politicians that make little to zero difference in their lives...

DqhrYN1XcAA-beo.jpg:large
just stop...way to try to make a point and then cherry pick with this silliness...azzhole...

What is the larger problem? My friends on the left say it is guns. And while I see how guns could be an issue, I think there is a massive mental health problem in this country that is being treated with drugs that alter your brain chemistry. How many people would say they’ve been “depressed?”
Mental health, social media, divisive national media, access to weapons. Current day society has numerous large scale probs that result in these type of acts. Can’t pinpoint just one.

This = censorship = Not the country I would feel safe in .
Whats next ? Busting your door in for something you post on the lair ?
No thank you . Nice little dig on the president there at the end though . Nice try .

-If you had your real name and your real photo with every message you type, you would be a lot more careful in terms of what you type and a lot more careful with hate messages that would get your ass fired from a job.

-And its not a dig against Trump. He lives on twitter.

Reactions: plcp
Those aren’t separate issues.

But you misunderstand because the mentally ill’s brain chemistry is abnormal .
The medicine is to normalize it.

I agree. But, we are operating on the honesty system and counting on them taking their meds religiously. I just don’t understand what happens if they take them, and then go off cold turkey. What happens then? But, to your point. I think that if you are on an anti-depressant, you lose your right to own a gun.

-If you had your real name and your real photo with every message you type, you would be a lot more careful in terms of what you type and a lot more careful with hate messages that would get your ass fired from a job.

-And its not a dig against Trump. He lives on twitter.
No. I think what the post was responding to was a way to monitor peoples actual locations or i.p. dress whatever .

Guys remember it's not a big deal when Pitt Students are being threatened with bombs daily it only matters when it happens to democrats

Knock off what?

Has there been mailed bombs intercepted all week based on politics?

Has there been a shooting this morning in a synagogue based on their politics? Unless I missed something, where has he stated anything about politics? He's a anti-semite period. This was done out of anger, hate and just being a plain old piece of shit. Not politics.

Did the president of our country not just say we need more armed security in places ?

This isn't about politics. And anyone who even mentions a hint of it is a POS. This is about one very, very sick man who hates Jews, thought killing them would help his twisted mind, and who should have been in a mental hospital long ago.

I'm sick to my stomach about this on a human scale, and we have people who make it political, including our illustrious governor and other politicians???? They can all go to hell. They're not worth the time it takes to listen to them.

No. I think what the post was responding to was a way to monitor peoples actual locations or i.p. dress whatever .

-Its already doing that with your cell phone unless you have a dinosaur phone. Everything you say or everywhere you go with your phone is now tracked undercover, whether you want to believe it or not.

-I agree with you that it shouldnt be tracked to that extent and your location should never be tracked. But, it is.

-Its already doing that with your cell phone unless you have a dinosaur phone. Everything you say or everywhere you go with your phone is now tracked undercover, whether you want to believe it or not.

-I agree with you that it shouldnt be tracked to that extent and your location should never be tracked. But, it is.
But yet they almost need the supreme court to hack into a suspects iPhone ? I cant remember what case it was but it did almost come down to that .

When I listen to Trump state that armed security could have changed the outcome it makes me sad. To think that armed security is needed in places of worship, schools, everywhere says to me that there’s a larger problem.

There are a lot of people with very low IQ's who believe the more guns there are, the safer you are.

But yet they almost need the supreme court to hack into a suspects iPhone ? I cant remember what case it was but it did almost come down to that .

-They cant use it in court or hard to use it in court for privacy issues. They absolutely use it if they think they have a lead on a murder suspect for example and want to know someone's locations / call and text history

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT