ADVERTISEMENT

Mat-Town I

_DBHoops

Scholarship
Feb 17, 2021
Pleasantly surprised to see there will be some Pitt wrestling this weekend. Mostly backups with Mr. Matthews thrown in. Guess the staff feels he needs more mat time for whatever reason. I like how Badgett is wrestling this year! He's 5-2 with only losses to starters. Both were decisions--ALL of his losses last year came w/ bonus. Even has his first collegiate pin (FWIW, a week later Cleary went to SV with the guy Badgett pinned). Kolby Flank lost to a D2 wrestler last week but it's interesting that he is wrestling 174 after 220/285 in high school. Glad to see Lledo getting a lot of matches in.

141 Matthews
157 Badgett
165 Weathersby
174 Flank
184 Lledo
197 Magin

No video.

Battista d. Lledo 14-5 in the finals.

Isaac Reid beat ranked UVa starter Quinn Miller (and majored two other guys) to win the tournament at HWT. A few weeks ago at Clarion he showed flashes but had major gas tank issues, losing twice to guys Slinger beat.

Reid is not currently on any roster. He has been rumored to Pitt for the second semester but I haven't heard an update in the last month or so.

Yeah Miller beat slinger bad last year. Sure would be interesting if he does join the team

Reactions: jctrack
Will we see Cooley back at heavy when he returns from injury or will Slinger remain the starter?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT