ADVERTISEMENT

Match Day vs Duke Info

Missing some starters. Cherry filling in for matthews faded in the third and Petrucelli looking like he will lose to LaRue. Any insight on Mancini the VT transfer I kind of figured he would have slotted in at 157 or does his transfer from an ACC school still prevent him from competing despite all the “free year” rules this season

Duke's starting lineup seems to be almost totally freshmen.

15-12 Pitt after a forfeit. McGill looking like he should win at 174 for Pitt.

The final 4 matches go extremely well for Pitt and finish with a technical fall. 31-12 final for your Pitt Panthers.

Missing some starters. Cherry filling in for matthews faded in the third and Petrucelli looking like he will lose to LaRue. Any insight on Mancini the VT transfer I kind of figured he would have slotted in at 157 or does his transfer from an ACC school still prevent him from competing despite all the “free year” rules this season

Mancini has to sit because he went to an ACC school.

Duke's starting lineup seems to be almost totally freshmen.

15-12 Pitt after a forfeit. McGill looking like he should win at 174 for Pitt.

Duke wrestling doesn't offer scholarships, so their lineup is always going to have one arm tied behind their back, in some way.

The announcers spent the entire match talking about all the potential of the Duke team and how young they are.

The announcers spent the entire match talking about all the potential of the Duke team and how young they are.
Watching the extra matches at least gave a break from the constant Duke is so young mantra. I am no wrestling guru, but it appears Coach Gavin has some talent coming in,too.

Great win today!

- thought Camacho had his guy decked with that cement mixer, but that Duke kid was physically STRONG. Good win.

- Love seeing Philippi being so aggressively hunting points. Its a nice change from seeing him just try to win the match. A killer instinct from him could get him I've the top

- Kemmerer is so bad on bottom. Yikes

- Shocked that Petrucelli took bottom in the second. That was a death sentence. It was obvious that he wasn't getting out after the rideout in the first

- McGill has a nice top game. Has to improve his setups on his feet though.

- Nino is going to be a problem for 95% of the guys at 197. His offensive output is uncommon for the division. I watched Schultz/Warner last night and it was your typical, plodding upper weight match. Nino is going to make those guys work harder and faster than they are accustomed to. I think a Pitt vs WVU NCAA final against Taylor is firmly on the table and would be one he'll of a match

- My guy Slinger getting dirty with the tilts! I love it because so few heavyweights are able to defend a tight waist tilt like that. It might not work on more robust guys but what can you do?
Slinger is a total bull though. He has zero lateral quickness, and isn't very fast. But, he is explosive going straight forward jn a line. The thing I love is either he or the coaches have recognized this and have worked to play to his attributes. He was very aggressive and wild in his attacks at GM and he often gave up takedowns when his attacks were thwarted. Im not seeing that here this year at all. He is being patient and exploding when there is a legit opportunity and has been finishing at a pretty high rate because of it. His lack of quickness showed on his ultra slow sprawl attempts. He got away with it here, but he wont against better competition. We will have to hope the his tilt game will keep him in matches that may not favor him on the feet.

I generally don’t get into announcer favoritism but these announcers don’t like Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT