ADVERTISEMENT

McGowens

Do you have a insider? That's a big claim..

Are you people serious? This is so obvious. Its the worst-kept secret in Pittsburgh. I am hoping he's the only 1 of the 4. That would be a HUGE win because I think he is the most expendable.

Still waiting for Souf to take me up on the bet.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Hearing Trey McGowens will be transferring.... he will be announcing within a couple days
We all kind of expected it but it still sucks to hear. We better not lose X or Justin or Toney or I'm gonna start blaming Capel a lot.

Reactions: TWPitt
We all kind of expected it but it still sucks to hear. We better not lose X or Justin or Toney or I'm gonna start blaming Capel a lot.
I would wait to see who is on the roster come October before making any judgements one way or another if the NCAA allows players to transfer without having to sit out a year. A lot of rosters are going to change if that happens.

Reactions: jctrack
We won't lose X or Justin.

So Trey, Murph, and Toney are gone. Thanks DT.

Trey and Toney leaving stinks. Although I do think we are building depth at the wing and landing Jeffress would really help there to offset losing Toney.

I do think Horton will be more consistently productive and most importantly a better fit than Trey was alongside X. But it then becomes crucial we land a grad transfer guard.

So Trey, Murph, and Toney are gone. Thanks DT.

Trey and Toney leaving stinks. Although I do think we are building depth at the wing and landing Jeffress would really help there to offset losing Toney.

I do think Horton will be more consistently productive and most importantly a better fit than Trey was alongside X. But it then becomes crucial we land a grad transfer guard.

I don't think Toney nor Trey are certain but quite possible. Of course Murphy now is.

This is great news. I was very hard on Johnson this year. I didnt think he played well at all. However, he has a very high ceiling. A lot of potential in that kid if he learns to play basketball the right way.

Johnson and Champagnie are the 2 guys I most wanted to see come back. Toney is #3 but is more replaceable. McGowens was the guy that was most expendable. Horton has been said to be better already and Trey was well....really bad this year. He probably would benefit from a RS year and getting that 5th season because his game needs a ton of work. It wouldn't surprise if he turned into a good player but he has a long way to go.

If Horton is for real, Johnson makes a big jump, Hugley is ACC ready, and Jeffress and Toney are on the roster then we have a chance. I know that's a lot of Ifs but we've have a shot at the bubble I think.

PG - Johnson
SG - Horton
SF - Champagnie
PF - Jeffress
C - Hugley

6th: Toney
AKC
Brown
Drumgoole
Need another guard

This is great news. I was very hard on Johnson this year. I didnt think he played well at all. However, he has a very high ceiling. A lot of potential in that kid if he learns to play basketball the right way.

Johnson and Champagnie are the 2 guys I most wanted to see come back. Toney is #3 but is more replaceable. McGowens was the guy that was most expendable. Horton has been said to be better already and Trey was well....really bad this year. He probably would benefit from a RS year and getting that 5th season because his game needs a ton of work. It wouldn't surprise if he turned into a good player but he has a long way to go.

If Horton is for real, Johnson makes a big jump, Hugley is ACC ready, and Jeffress and Toney are on the roster then we have a chance. I know that's a lot of Ifs but we've have a shot at the bubble I think.

PG - Johnson
SG - Horton
SF - Champagnie
PF - Jeffress
C - Hugley

AKC
Brown
Drumgoole
Need another guard

That team would be lucky to make the CBI. Let's hope Toney and McGowens both stay.

That team would be lucky to make the CBI. Let's hope Toney and McGowens both stay.

There is a 0% chance both are staying. 100% chance 1 leaves. Probably a 75% both leave.

That lineup I posted probably goes 8-12 or 9-11 (if Horton is good) and makes the NIT. NCAA in 21-22

Reactions: TreesHero
There is a 0% chance both are staying. 100% chance 1 leaves. Probably a 75% both leave.

That lineup I posted probably goes 8-12 or 9-11 (if Horton is good) and makes the NIT. NCAA in 21-22

Damn, I believe you but hope you are wrong because while your lineup has talent you are banking on a lot of freshmen and Horton who havent proven anything.

I don't think Toney nor Trey are certain but quite possible. Of course Murphy now is.
Trey seems more certain than Toney, but if Trey stays, which is doubtful IMO then Toney is seems surely gone.

PG - Johnson
SG - Horton
SF - Champagnie
PF - Jeffress
C - Hugley

AKC
Brown
Drumgoole
Need another guard

Whether you want to believe it or not, that team needs significant contributions from Brown. If here, he has to be some cornerstone in the offense. Year five now, it’s time.

PG - Johnson
SG - Horton
SF - Champagnie
PF - Jeffress
C - Hugley

AKC
Brown
Drumgoole
Need another guard
No way Toney stays to be a sixth man

Trey seems more certain than Toney, but if Trey stays, which is doubtful IMO then Toney is seems surely gone.

Once Trey leaves, I hope the staff can talk Toney off the ledge and sell him on being a big part of this team going forward. Losing 2/3 of your first class isnt a good look. But I wonder if Toney coming back would deter Jeffress from committing for 2 reasons: a) he would potentially start over Jeffress and I don't think he is leaving HS early to come off the bench for a bad team and b) if Toney/his parents are problems, the Jeffress's may not want to deal with that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT