ADVERTISEMENT

McGowens

What are the rules about transferring within the ACC. Are there any conference rules on this?

Pitt won't like that one bit. As much as people bashed on Stallings for trying to stop Cam from transferring, doing it within a conference isn't a great situation. Cam had every right to leave that shitshow that Stallings turned Pitt into (and did) but to transfer within the ACC wasn't a great look.

Reactions: Ski11585
I hope Horton is the answer but we did hear for an entire year how Malik Ellison was the missing piece and he came from a P6 school...not Delaware.

A couple reasons why I think Horton is the real deal:

1. Capel has hyped him and he didn't have the need to that Stallings did. He even insinuated that he'd be one of the best players in the ACC.

2. Johnson called him a "professional scorer."

3. Toney's friend (if that was indeed who that was) said Trey knows Horton is going to replace him and that Horton is the "real deal."

1. Capel has hyped him and he didn't have the need to that Stallings did. He even insinuated that he'd be one of the best players in the ACC.

3. Toney's friend (if that was indeed who that was) said Trey knows Horton is going to replace him and that Horton is the "real deal."
Interested to hear “why he didn’t need to”. They finished last in the ACC in his first 2 years.

Easier to score in practice when you have no PT to earn and coaches only remember your good plays.

Reactions: Ski11585

I saw Horton play last year at Delaware. He’s damn good.

Reactions: CougarClaws
Champagnie is staying 100% not sure about Toney tho

We’ll see, but Toney has his commitment from last year pinned at the top of his Twitter feed. I’m not on Twitter so I don’t know how long this has been there. Once someone posted X’s tweet tonight, I took a look at Toney’s.

So far Toney's friend has been 100% accurate. Murphy leaving, X will stay and Justin will, Trey having problems with everyone and looking like he will leave. And the wildcard is if Toney stays or goes. I think it really was his friend and the mods didn't want the headaches so his post was deleted.

Why would Jefferss expect to start anywhere?
I don't think that's a thing.

He isnt leaving HS and starting college just turning 17 to come off the bench for the last place team in the ACC. If he doesn't mind coming off the bench, he'll go to Nova, UVa, or Baylor.

He isnt leaving HS and starting college just turning 17 to come off the bench for the last place team in the ACC. If he doesn't mind coming off the bench, he'll go to Nova, UVa, or Baylor.
I don't know why you think starting is that important to him.
JC tells these kids if you're starting you'll have to earn it. And him being that young is a reason why he might not start.
Obviously this depends on what our team looks like next year.

Or play less than two hours away from his house so his parents can see 20 of his games per year. Who knows what he’s thinking?

Reactions: Drew1208
I don't know why you think starting is that important to him.
JC tells these kids if you're starting you'll have to earn it. And him being that young is a reason why he might not start.
Obviously this depends on what our team looks like next year.

OK, well how about he has to be guaranteed starter's minutes to come here. I am sorry but Pitt has been and is still very close to being historically bad. I think our conference record this year was still one of the 5 worst conference records in school history. He isn't coming here to play 12 minutes a game. He can do that at a program trying to win the NC next year.

OK, well how about he has to be guaranteed starter's minutes to come here. I am sorry but Pitt has been and is still very close to being historically bad. I think our conference record this year was still one of the 5 worst conference records in school history. He isn't coming here to play 12 minutes a game. He can do that at a program trying to win the NC next year.
Yes I do believe he will come here to get real mintues. That'd be a legit reason.

Is the transfer portal a possibility for players all the way up to classes starting in the fall? Just wondering if a player is waiting to see if we snag Jeffress and/or Femi.

Trey seems more certain than Toney, but if Trey stays, which is doubtful IMO then Toney is seems surely gone.

I'm just guessing on this point, but I don't think this Trey has too much to do with Toney.

I'm just guessing on this point, but I don't think this Trey has too much to do with Toney.
If the locker room fight is true, and I believe it is, then at the very least there's some bad blood between them.

it's a shame that the resolution is to run away from it. maybe it's best they both leave if this is their attitude.

They probably will both leave. However, I really think Trey is addition by subtraction. He was BAD this year and if he comes back, he's not going to he happy coming off the bench playing behind Horton. I'd like to have Trey as a backup guard getting 10-20 MPG but he isnt going to go for that.

They probably will both leave. However, I really think Trey is addition by subtraction. He was BAD this year and if he comes back, he's not going to he happy coming off the bench playing behind Horton. I'd like to have Trey as a backup guard getting 10-20 MPG but he isnt going to go for that.

Regardless, you need 3-4 ball handlers in your rotation. This year they had 2.5.

X
Trey
Horton
Femi

if Trey leaves, you need to add another ball handler. No other way around it. Maybe a grad transfer that is fine with playing back up min.

Whether you want to believe it or not, that team needs significant contributions from Brown. If here, he has to be some cornerstone in the offense. Year five now, it’s time.
May need help from Brown....but no reason to think Capel will get it.

Regardless, you need 3-4 ball handlers in your rotation. This year they had 2.5.

X
Trey
Horton
Femi

if Trey leaves, you need to add another ball handler. No other way around it. Maybe a grad transfer that is fine with playing back up min.

If Toney stays, I think he plays some SG. I dont think we beat the UMass AAU coach or Willard for Femi so I will leave him out.

Johnson 30 Grad Transfer (like a Sidy) 10
Horton 30 Toney 10
Toney 20 Champagnie 10 Grad Transfer or Drumgoome 10
Champagnie 20 Jeffress 20
Hugley 20 AKC 12 Brown 8

RS: Amadusun
Champagnie 20 Jeffress 20

Are you people serious? This is so obvious. Its the worst-kept secret in Pittsburgh. I am hoping he's the only 1 of the 4. That would be a HUGE win because I think he is the most expendable.

Still waiting for Souf to take me up on the bet.
Your "mass exodus" theory just got a huge hole shot thru it when X declared he was staying. I do believe Pitt loses at least one more, likely Trey.

I watched Horton play at Delaware as a freshman. He looked nothing like a true freshman in a good way. X, Horton, and Champ is a great trio of players in the ACC.

Reactions: iMissTheOldDayss
Trey, Toney, and Murphy qualifies as a mass exodus. They would have lost 33% of their returning roster.
At the end of the year only 2 of those were actually providing anything - Toney and Trey. Let’s see what happens from there. Who leaves and who replaces them?

I watched Horton play at Delaware as a freshman. He looked nothing like a true freshman in a good way. X, Horton, and Champ is a great trio of players in the ACC.

I agree. I know what Stallings said bout Ellison, but Horton is MUCH better than Ellison. I mentioned elsewhere, I saw him at Delaware, too. He's damn good.

Reactions: iMissTheOldDayss
Trey, Toney, and Murphy qualifies as a mass exodus. They would have lost 33% of their returning roster.

No it doesn't. You were on here saying that a mass exodus would see Pitt lose X, Trey, Toney, and Champ. You can't turn around and call it a mass exodus when Pitt is only losing two players that matter.

No it doesn't. You were on here saying that a mass exodus would see Pitt lose X, Trey, Toney, and Champ. You can't turn around and call it a mass exodus when Pitt is only losing two players that matter.
if pitt loses Murph, Toney and Trey, you all owe SMF an apology. you guys wont, you'll change the argument but if 3 of those 4 leave, he was right and called it over a month ago and you guys if you had any credibility, would acknowledge that..

again, im not expecting you too though. you guys need to learn proper etiquette. if you call posters out for their BS, you have to give props. it's the rules, there are rules and you must play by the rules.. i too love calling SMF out on his weird posts but i will give him credit when credit is due..

if pitt loses Murph, Toney and Trey, you all owe SMF an apology. you guys wont, you'll change the argument but if 3 of those 4 leave, he was right and called it over a month ago and you guys if you had any credibility, would acknowledge that..

again, im not expecting you too though. you guys need to learn proper etiquette. if you call posters out for their BS, you have to give props. it's the rules, there are rules and you must play by the rules.. i too love calling SMF out on his weird posts but i will give him credit when credit is due..

Sure. Credit to SMF. He named every possible starter transfering at one point or another. he's been consistent about Trey and I'll tip my cap to him there.

He's wrong about a mass exodus.

I'll also preemptively call him an asshole for the way he's going to gloat about players leaving the program.

Sure. Credit to SMF. He named every possible starter transfering at one point or another. he's been consistent about Trey and I'll tip my cap to him there.

I'll also preemptively call him an asshole for the way he's going to gloat about players leaving the program.
lol, last statement i'll let go, cant argue with that and it did make me laugh reading it.

again, 3 of those 4 qualifies as a mass exodus and he put this out there a month ago. but yeah, he gets credit but annoying if he's whistling past the graveyard..

im hoping toney stays. i like mcgowans too but this sounds like a done deal. one thing i think of is we went 0 - February with these guys, is it really bad if we turn this roster over a bit? These guys weren't exactly getting better as the season wore on, the opposite if you ask me..

I predicted 1 of the 4 but said 2 was probable, possible, whatever and I did say mass exodus so if you want to say thats 2 of the 4 + 2 more I'm ok with that.

We lost Murphy. We are losing Trey and are most likely losing Toney plus 1 more (Drumgoole, Brown???) so I will be right about the exodus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT