ADVERTISEMENT

McMurphy included Pitt in his ballot this week

Pitt666

Scholarship
Feb 19, 2024
He was late to the party in 2021 and 2022, but has them at 24 this week…It does make me wonder if they get ranked this week, but a good sign for those that care about this stuff.

they showed a stat last night that 6 of the top 7 are SEC teams. But of course there is no SEC bias with the national media

they showed a stat last night that 6 of the top 7 are SEC teams. But of course there is no SEC bias with the national media
I mean Texas blew out Michigan on the road, Georgia destroyed Clemson, tenn won on road against Oklahoma. I don’t buy Ole Miss, and think Bama will fall this year, but some of that is earned.

Reactions: ThePanthers
SP+ has 6 of the top 7 teams as SEC teams.

So the objective analytics match the subjective voters.

Some things are biased because they *should* be biased.

as much as I hate to say it, I don't think Ole Miss are better than the nits. Georgia kind of struggled with Kentucky, but that win against Clemson is looking better. But if the analytics are saying it also who am I to argue with data

as much as I hate to say it, I don't think Ole Miss are better than the nits. Georgia kind of struggled with Kentucky, but that win against Clemson is looking better. But if the analytics are saying it also who am I to argue with data

You can put it in whatever order you want. All that would mean is 6 of the top 8 are SEC teams.

The analytics can obviously be wrong. They aren’t gospel.

But it’s not much evidence of an SEC bias when objective computers essentially agree with the voters.

It is not basketball, so they don't get into that level of metrics and schedule analysis, but having Cincy shut out Houston and WVU pull out a win against Kansas couldn't have hurt us.

Cincy helped.
Not sure about WVU-Kansas, because analytics doesn’t factor in W-L. Only quality of play.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT