ADVERTISEMENT

MEECHIGAN

pittbb80

Chancellor
Oct 9, 2004
Exhibit A of how critical the QB position. Okorn is hot garbage and is the ONLY reason MEECHIGAN is not rolling an over rated OSU team.

Amazing how Crybaugh has not been able to recruit a top line QB.

One of the reasons I feel really good about PItts future with PIckett. Patti looks pretty darn good as a HS senior as well

Well he is their 3rd string guy, not many teams can overcome playing QB #3.

Well except Pitt that is.

Reactions: FireballZ

Speight is a pretty average QB too. Harbaugh needs to get that position solved ASAP.

Michigan is dog dirt.

10M don’t buy too much theses days ,no?

Their QB would be 4th line at Pitt.
How bad is that.

Exhibit A of how critical the QB position. Okorn is hot garbage and is the ONLY reason MEECHIGAN is not rolling an over rated OSU team.

One of the reasons I feel really good about PItts future with PIckett. Patti looks pretty darn good as a HS senior as well
He’s their 3rd stringer. Their #1 guy, Peters, is a freshman and was a top 5 National QB recruit.. The original starter, Speight, is hurt and he was a 4 star, UA All-American, Elite 11 QB. Dylan McCaffrey, a true freshman, was a HS AA and national top 5 QB.

Also JT Barrett went down in fhe early 3rd quarter, with OSU on the march. That was a big blow to OSU and a big break for Michigan.

But hey-otherwise, great post. You really know your stuff.

He’s their 3rd stringer. Their #1 guy, Peters, is a freshman and was a top 5 National QB recruit.. The original starter, Speight, is hurt and he was a 4 star, UA All-American, Elite 11 QB. Dylan McCaffrey, a true freshman, was a HS AA and national top 5 QB.

Also JT Barrett went down in fhe early 3rd quarter, with OSU on the march. That was a big blow to OSU and a big break for Michigan.

Speight wasnt very good either. Again if your Michigan and the best you can trot out MOST of the season is Okorn, thats pretty bad. OSU's kid went down and the didnt miss a beat.

Difference is it seems our coaches had a hard time figuring out first string from third string. Took them 9 games. Harbaugh’s decision was made for him.

Speight wasnt very good either. Again if your Michigan and the best you can trot out MOST of the season is Okorn, thats pretty bad. OSU's kid went down and the didnt miss a beat.
I’ll say it again-O’Korn is third string. You’re criticizing the quality of the 3rd string QB. You also said it’s “amazing” that Harbaugh hasn’t recruited a “top line QB”. Well, he has.

It’s OK to admit you just don’t know WTF you’re talking about.

I’ll say it again-O’Korn is third string. You’re criticizing the quality of the 3rd string QB. You also said it’s “amazing” that Harbaugh hasn’t recruited a “top line QB”. Well, he has.

It’s OK to admit you just don’t know WTF you’re talking about.
So your saying he has top line recruits sitting the bench behind O Korn.

So your saying he has top line recruits sitting the bench behind O Korn.
#1 is a redshirt soph. He was an elite prospect. #2 is a RS freshman-he was an elite prospect/ #3 is O’Korn. Beyond that is a 4 star that Hoke signed who never panned our. Beyond that is a true freshman who was an elite prospect who is redshirting. Think he should’ve blown the kid’s shirt this year to try to get a win over OSU? You tell me, one, where is his failure in recruiting, and two, what you would’ve done differently under the same circumstances. Let’s hear it.

"Exhibit A of how critical the QB position."

BINGO! That has held Pitt back for years with the exception of Peterman.

Harbaugh like Chryst is supposed to be a QB guru. Yet he can't get one...

Harbaugh's sleepovers are paying major dividends!First three years in the Big are a 3rd,a 3rd and a 4th in the East.He's worth every penny of his HUGH contract!

Reactions: paulbl99
Must be nice to have a program where 8-4 with multiple losses to Top 10 teams with a really young team is considered a down year. They are going to be amazing next year and Hudson is everything we thought he'd be.

Everyone knew this would be a down year for Michigan.Last year was Harbaugh hugh underachieving season.Third place in the East and losing 3 of your last 4 games with 11 2017 draft choices on his team.Nine were drafted in the first 4 rounds in my opinion that's underachieving.I agree Hudson is very good.

No one said he is failing to recruit, but failing to recruit good QB's. I'm guessing #1 and #2 you show are hurt, so as I said he must think O Korn is his best QB. And yes if I was playing in the biggest game of the year, at HOME, I would burn the red shirt to try to win my teams biggest game of the year providing I thought he would give my team the best chance to win.

Those five star QBs must be incredibly talented to sit behind Okorn for most of the season. Peters was so impressive in the four games he played after replacing Okorn in Game 7.........threw for just over 100 yards per game.

Fromm is a true frosh starting for Georgia......so much for the five star kid on the bench.

Like I said, if Okorn is the best you have, you're in trouble.

Those five star QBs must be incredibly talented to sit behind Okorn for most of the season. Peters was so impressive in the four games he played after replacing Okorn in Game 7.........threw for just over 100 yards per game.

Fromm is a true frosh starting for Georgia......so much for the five star kid on the bench.

Like I said, if Okorn is the best you have, you're in trouble.

Speaking of 5 star QB’s sitting on the bench, Georgia has one in Eason that lost his job due to injury.

They also have three 5 star RB’s splitting carries.

How in the hell do they ever lose?

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Does anyone think Jim Harbaugh does much if any recruiting. He’s an NFL guy waiting for the right job to open.

No one said he is failing to recruit, but failing to recruit good QB's. I'm guessing #1 and #2 you show are hurt, so as I said he must think O Korn is his best QB. And yes if I was playing in the biggest game of the year, at HOME, I would burn the red shirt to try to win my teams biggest game of the year providing I thought he would give my team the best chance to win.
You’ve got a sophomore starter, a freshman backup, and a 5th year 3rd stringer with a lot of game reps, and you’d burn McCaffrey’s redshirt to beat Ohio State in the final game of the year, thereby creating a logjam at the posisuton. Not to mention McCaffrey is probably nowhere near ready to play.

Keep your day job brofessor.

You’ve got a sophomore starter, a freshman backup, and a 5th year 3rd stringer with a lot of game reps, and you’d burn McCaffrey’s redshirt to beat Ohio State in the final game of the year, thereby creating a logjam at the posisuton. Not to mention McCaffrey is probably nowhere near ready to play.

Maybe I’m prejudiced because Ive seen him play so many times, but I think Martell ends up being better than anyone on either team outside of Barnett. He is going to be special.

Can you actually comprehend what you read.

Brett McMurphy
@Brett_McMurphy

Michigan (8-4) & Missouri (7-5) are only Power 5 teams w/a winning record that had no wins this year vs. an opponent that finished w/winning record

This is just one example but the whole B1G is a house of cards. Their collective best wins are fluky win over a 7-5 ISU and maybe 5-7 Pitt team missing 6 starters. That's pathetic.

12 games in and you have no idea if Wisconsin is good, bad or average because they have yet to play a quality opponent.

Reactions: paulbl99
I can't see Harbaugh winning a Big East Championship in the future.When he has Mich St and Ohio St at home he's at Psu.Urban has his number and James doesn't lose in Happy Valley.I predict zero championships for Harbaugh at Michigan.

In reality , no QB on the Pitt roster would be allowed on the Michigan roster , maybe Pickett as a walk on. Thank goodness we might have finally lucked into one after all these years in Pickett!

I can't see Harbaugh winning a Big East Championship in the future.When he has Mich St and Ohio St at home he's at Psu.Urban has his number and James doesn't lose in Happy Valley.I predict zero championships for Harbaugh at Michigan.

That's a hard job these days especially weather and that division. He is still their best option as hard coach

Can you actually comprehend what you read.
Let me see. You said (1) Harbaugh has failed to recruit “good QBs”; and (2) with his top 2 QBs out injured, and his other options for the last game of the year being O’Korn or a true freshman who was never supposed to touch the field this year and would not be prepared to play OSU, you would have burned the true freshman’s RS and thrown him in against OSU.

What am I missing there coach? That’s high level stuff right there to be sure, but I think I get it...

Let me see. You said (1) Harbaugh has failed to recruit “good QBs”; and (2) with his top 2 QBs out injured, and his other options for the last game of the year being O’Korn or a true freshman who was never supposed to touch the field this year and would not be prepared to play OSU, you would have burned the true freshman’s RS and thrown him in against OSU.

What am I missing there coach? That’s high level stuff right there to be sure, but I think I get it...
Just like I said you can't comprehend. I said if the Freshman was BETTER than O Korn, which you said he was the second coming, then he should play in the most important game of the season.

Michigan recruited Doyle and Milton who are both 3 times better than Patti. I’m a PITT fan but not an idiot.

Happy for Pickett and our future but you sound like a clown.

Sounds like you are a Meechigan fanboy. Why are you on a Pitt message board?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT