ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Game Thread

Miami has 26 points on 33 possessions on their "first chances". They have 16 points on seven offensive rebounds.

That is pathetic. But it also tells you that if we would just rebound the basketball, and on those occasions when we do not get a defensive rebound if we would just play solid defense this game is there for the taking.
Makes you miss Jamie-ball. This would *never* happen on a Dixon team.

Also, if the Iaz Graham could only play offense; he might be good. He needs to earn that D in his name. Really bad defense and rebounding from him, but in his defense, he shouldn’t have been relied on for this if Hugley was worth a shit

The other one doesn't seem to be much better on D. In limited minutes, he's let more guys get behind him than Anna Nicole Smith.

Makes you miss Jamie-ball. This would *never* happen on a Dixon team.
We did give up 22 offensive rebounds to A very poor Rutgers team with Sam Young, Biggs, and Blair in a loss in the 07-08 season I believe.

It happens. Sucks when it doesn’t bounce right, but it happens

Also, if the Iaz Graham could only play offense; he might be good. He needs to earn that D in his name. Really bad defense and rebounding from him, but in his defense, he shouldn’t have been relied on for this if Hugley was worth a shit

Omier: 14 minutes, 11 points, 7 rebounds
Federiko and Guillermo combined: 16 minutes, 3 points, 2 rebounds

Even the rebounds we're getting are being vollied around like a freaking beach ball at Woodstock. Nobody just boxing out and grabbing them clean.

We did give up 22 offensive rebounds to A very poor Rutgers team with Sam Young, Biggs, and Blair in a loss in the 07-08 season I believe.

It happens. Sucks when it doesn’t bounce right, but it happens
One game. We consistently let it happen.

Our five starers have combined for the exact same number of rebounds, three, the Jorge Diaz Graham has in seven minutes.

Fede is -10 in this game in the first half

Diaz Graham is + 4 in this game in the first half

If Fede actually had more than 1 rebound in the entire 1st half, we might be winning. He was the direct result of a lot of 2nd chance points, including a rebound that was stripped out of his hands that was led to a 3 for Miami.

If Fede actually wakes up, we might win.

Miami definitely gets rewarded for its aggression on the boards (they are on our backs more than guys on Anna Nicole Smith … what? Only one ANS joke allowed per thread? Cheerfully withdrawn. Unlike dudes with Ana Nicole Smith. What? Oh.

In any event, I don’t know what “adjustment” is possible with rebounding, since it is mostly effort and tenacity. We’ll see if JC can motivate them…

Hahahahahaha. That foul they just called on Diaz Graham when he was in perfect position and the dude went up with it from the third row.

This is really hard to watch. It feels like we are a JV team playing against the Varsity but we're only down 6. For the life of me, I cant figure out. Feels like we should be down 25

This is really hard to watch. It feels like we are a JV team playing against the Varsity but we're only down 6. For the life of me, I cant figure out. Feels like we should be down 25

I don’t get that feeling. But it does feel like Miami is out hustling us by a decent margin. And they would be up by a decent margin had they not missed so many layups.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT