ADVERTISEMENT

Miller time!

Since Miller can't seem to reach the Final Four with a stacked roster year after year, what do you think he would do at Pitt? He's going to be on the hot seat after he shits the bed yet again this year.
If Sean Miler never coaches another game he like every other HC caught in the crossfire here are multi millionaires . If everyone involved gets fired they'll sit back in their expensive homes in their plush surroundings and play golf at their exclusive country clubs as long as they were smart enough to isolate themselves from what they knew was going on .
A new generation of coaches will appear and as long as the money stays in the college game the highly successful guys will find creative ways to recruit the elite players .

I hope they "blow it up" which would further my idea of creating basketball and football minor leauges which would eliminate all of this pay off stuff!

But they also need to prosecute some coaches, players, parents, etc who were involved to set examples until a solution like minor leagues can be established!

Actually read the RICO act. It was created to prosecute mob activities but applies to all.I think some of these U's/AD's/ coaches could be prosecuted under this act. Read it!

I think there's a lot of cockroaches scrambling around trying to find a hiding place/
Imagine if the FBI finds the network " doers" and they give up the coaches and AD's?
Pitino, Calipari, coach K + others in the joint? Stallings would be a first line coach if all that happens and it might!

Last edited:
Really?
Not sure I agree.

Just got on this story so could be behind but if The Feds got the goods on his assistant then you can bet he's getting nailed on something....

Can Miller throw his hands up in the air and say "I'm Shocked"

I'm thinking he's on thin ice
I tend to agree

Reactions: paulbl99
I tend to agree

You're guys are right, if they have them buying players like they appear to Miller is going to get a heavy penalty from the NCAA & may be forced out of basketball for an extended period

Last edited:
Reactions: paulbl99
It's long been said that Sean ran filthy programs and had no issues with getting his hands dirty. He should be fired and banned for life along with the others.

Things are working out perfectly for Pitt. Sean Miller will probably be fired this week and if there is no evidence that he knew what Book was doing (and there never is), he can sit out the next 2 seasons to "rehabilitate" himself then take over a Pitt program absolutely deaperate to win games and sell tickets. Assuming Miller is not charged with a crime, Pitt absolutely has to hire this guy. If the next few yeara go as bad as we think, we wont be in a position not to.

Reactions: paulbl99 and gary2
Things are working out perfectly for Pitt. Sean Miller will probably be fired this week and if there is no evidence that he knew what Book was doing (and there never is), he can sit out the next 2 seasons to "rehabilitate" himself then take over a Pitt program absolutely deaperate to win games and sell tickets. Assuming Miller is not charged with a crime, Pitt absolutely has to hire this guy. If the next few yeara go as bad as we think, we wont be in a position not to.
I don't think it will happen. It had to happen at UL because of all his issues over the years. Sean hasn't had those and I don't see how he'LL be fired.

I think it might be prudent to change your screen name.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
I don't think you can claim "I didn't know" on this one. You have three other assistants, not twenty or thirty, part of your job is requiring to know what they are involved with, turning your back and claiming ignorance may work with a blind administration or the NCAA...but not the FBI. Sure, they may not have enough evidence to link him...but before it is said and done, he will have a tough time in the court of public opinion. Will Arizona take that chance on a coach that really has not achieved at the level the fans are used too? We are talking millions of revenue affected at the top schools.

Read a story this morning that Arizona was going to pay a recruit 150K or something. It was in relation to MIami being investigated. Haven't had time to really read the story yet though but Miller has to be sweating here. Has to be. He is obviously dirty as they come as well.

Reactions: cabe23
Maybe, but if he is fired, Pitt has to do everything he can to bring him home. They can use the whole "prodigal son" angle....and probably get him dirt cheap because he'd be damaged goods.
Never happening....the guy is a bum. I'd rather hire Pearl than Miller...more entertaining. Did Sonny Vaccaro croak?? He'd make a great A.D., or Chancellor. Paid kids to play in the Dapper Dan 40 years ago.

Pitt never fired Dixon.
No, they just pushed him out so Barnes could play footsy with Turner/Stallings. Our new Chancellor went ostrich. At this rate, we'll be out of the ACC in 5 years.

No, they just pushed him out so Barnes could play footsy with Turner/Stallings. Our new Chancellor went ostrich. At this rate, we'll be out of the ACC in 5 years.
The ACC has got to be kicking its ass re:selecting PITT

Imo Pitt won't get kicked out of the ACC but if there is a major shakedown in college conferences.....ain't no guarantee Pitt would have a seat at the big people table when the music stops.

I tend to agree

You're guys are right, if they have them buying players like they appear to Milker is going to get a heavy penalty from the NCAA & may be forced out of basketball for an extended period
Miller is toast. The Feds were at his house last night. Let's see daddy save his ass now!

SMF, you may want to change your handle.

Read a story this morning that Arizona was going to pay a recruit 150K or something. It was in relation to MIami being investigated. Haven't had time to really read the story yet though but Miller has to be sweating here. Has to be. He is obviously dirty as they come as well.

Miller sweats taking his morning piss. Nothing new with that.

The ACC has got to be kicking its ass re:selecting PITT

Imo Pitt won't get kicked out of the ACC but if there is a major shakedown in college conferences.....ain't no guarantee Pitt would have a seat at the big people table when the music stops.

Certainly possible but the ACC has much bigger concerns this morning than why they selected Pitt.

Lousville and Miami are in the middle of an FBI scandal. They aint worried about Pitt right now.

Reactions: pitt-girl
Never happening....the guy is a bum. I'd rather hire Pearl than Miller...more entertaining. Did Sonny Vaccaro croak?? He'd make a great A.D., or Chancellor. Paid kids to play in the Dapper Dan 40 years ago.

Sonny alive and well, has been interviewed many times about this story in last 24 hours or so.

My question is why was Adidas involved with Arizona when they are a Nike school?

Arizona is involved because of the recruitment of Nassir Little. Adidas rep Merl Code told Adidas exec James Gatto on tape that Arizona had offered Little $150k to play for them and wash trying to get Miami to match that payment all up front in order to flip him.

That is funny as hell.
Maybe the Feds turned him and he's going to be living in the suburbs somewhere in IDAHO.
That funny Mrs Buffett and I noticed a guy who moved in down the street who wears one of those Halloween glasses, nose, and fake mustache wearing a blue shirt with a K on it?
b571ddf85d31e507becf37ab2473585318692616.jpg

One article I read made it pretty (unintentionally) clear this was an option. The Adidas exec said something along the lines of, "We aren't doing anything wrong at all because we pay someone else, and they might choose to give it to a player's family, but we didn't." That line of thinking was the basis for the creation of RICO.

I think the end result of all of this might be that the coaches all turn on the shoe companies, because that's where the real money is. Imagine millions in fines paid by Adidas or Nike for conspiracy to commit fraud, tax evasion, bribery, etc. That's the feather in the lawyers' hats, not getting Sean Miller fired.

as his daddy said miller ain’t coming back to pitt. he said pitt u kidden me. pitt don’t want him back no more either.

You're dumber than I thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT