ADVERTISEMENT

Movies that seem to always be on TV

I swear, everyday I see Rocky and Rambo. Jack Reacher gets plenty of play too. Love the lawyer in 1st Reacher.

Yeah. The Marvel movies and the DC movies are on every single weekend.
Harry Potter movies as well.

I've never watched a Harry Potter movie straight through but feel I've seen enough to hash out basic plot points just from catching a minute or two here and there while browsing to another show. They need to take those things off the air and only show on holidays or something the way they used to do with Bond movies.

Speaking of which, used to see old Bond movies on TV all of the time but haven't for years. Glad I have them all on Blu Ray as there is nothing more relaxing and enjoyable for me to watch.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I've never watched a Harry Potter movie straight through but feel I've seen enough to hash out basic plot points just from catching a minute or two here and there while browsing to another show. They need to take those things off the air and only show on holidays or something the way they used to do with Bond movies.

Speaking of which, used to see old Bond movies on TV all of the time but haven't for years. Glad I have them all on Blu Ray as there is nothing more relaxing and enjoyable for me to watch.
Remember how risque and edgy the Bond movies were when they first aired??
How far we've come!

Reactions: e-fresh and Farnox

I’ll tell you what you need to watch and you’ll thank me later (if you haven’t see it already). Pull up “Dare to be Different” on your tv. it’s about the radio station on Long Island that introduced New Wave music to the US and is responsible for the careers of U2, the Clash, the Cure, The Police, etc. it’s really good. @recruitsreadtheseboards and @DT_PITT would really enjoy it too if they haven’t seen it.
If you’re into that genre, it’s a must watch in these house bound days. It’s historic too and interesting for anyone who is a fan of music. There’s a Pittsburgh connection as well.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
I’ll tell you what you need to watch and you’ll thank me later (if you haven’t see it already). Pull up “Dare to be Different” on your tv. it’s about the radio station on Long Island that introduced New Wave music to the US and is responsible for the careers of U2, the Clash, the Cure, The Police, etc. it’s really good. @recruitsreadtheseboards and @DT_PITT would really enjoy it too if they haven’t seen it.
If you’re into that genre, it’s a must watch in these house bound days. It’s historic too and interesting for anyone who is a fan of music. There’s a Pittsburgh connection as well.

Right ... loved it ... recruits and I were talking about this show in another thread about three weeks ago.

The station is WLIR and Deb Brady worked there until she brought the format to Pittsburgh at WXXP.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Right ... loved it ... recruits and I were talking about this show in another thread about three weeks ago.

The station is WLIR and Deb Brady worked there until she brought the format to Pittsburgh at WXXP.
Yeah. I’d have been surprised if you and Owt hadn’t seen it.

the program director drove back and fourth from NY to Pittsburgh. Not sure why they picked yinzer world for their 2nd station....but I remember XX and it was great!!

Gladiator

Con Air

Back to the Future (never seen this on VHS or DVD, but have watched on TV hundreds of times).

Yeah. The Marvel movies and the DC movies are on every single weekend.
Harry Potter movies as well.
I hate the Marvel and DC comics movies, I don't get the appeal? I like the Batman TV SERIES that is campy/stupid and that's it. I remember the first Batman movies came out, I watched it, expecting it would be like the TV show from the 60s and it wasn't, so I hated it.

I hate the Marvel and DC comics movies, I don't get the appeal? I like the Batman TV SERIES that is campy/stupid and that's it. I remember the first Batman movies came out, I watched it, expecting it would be like the TV show from the 60s and it wasn't, so I hated it.
I loved the old cheesy Batman tv show from the 60’s. I watched it in syndication as a young boy in the 70’s. Batman was my guy. But then I grew up. And I never got into any of the Marvel stuff as a kid either, except Spider-Man. Comic books were not my thing. I never knew who Iron Man or Thor were.

I never got into the Batman movies of the 80’s, or the Batman or Spider-Man movies of the 1990’s or 2000’s. Superhero stuff wasnt interesting to me.

then IronMan came out around 2008-2009. Then Hulk, Thor, Captain America, etc. I went to Guardians of the Galaxy about 5-6 years ago and had no idea what I was watching or who these characters were. But it was funny and interesting. Then I realized that there was this overriding story arc that connected it to Iron Man and all the other movies. I went back and watched all the marvel universe movies I missed since 2008 and got wrapped up in it. The movies are well done and there’s plenty of comic relief.

my reason for this long post is to suggest you give them a try, because I was the same way as you. But now it’s worth a try especially now that there’s not much else to do. You may have to give a few of the films an honest look. Watch Iron Man and the first Captain America and take it from there. Go online and pull a list of the Marvel cinematic universe in chronological order, and start watching. And make sure you pay attention to the post credit scenes, which act as teases that connect the movie to the next one. And if you like movies about the military, CIA, secret government type programs that span over decades, there may be just enough in these movies to help keep you interested.

Last edited:
I loved the old cheesy Batman tv show from the 60’s. I watched it in syndication as a young boy in the 70’s. Batman was my guy. But then I grew up. And I never got into any of the Marvel stuff as a kid either, except Spider-Man. Comic books were not my thing. I never knew who Iron Man or Thor were.

I never got into the Batman movies of the 80’s, or the Batman or Spider-Man movies of the 1990’s or 2000’s. Superhero stuff was interesting to me.

then IronMan came out around 2008-2009. Then Hulk, Thor, Captain America, etc. I went to Guardians of the Galaxy about 5-6 years ago and had no idea what I was watching or who these characters were. But it was funny and interesting. Then I realized that there was this overriding story arc that connected it to Iron Man and all the other movies. I went back and watched all the marvel universe movies I missed since 2008 and got wrapped up in it. The movies are well done and there’s plenty of comic relief.

my reason for this long post is to suggest you give them a try, because I was the same way as you. But now it’s worth a try especially now that there’s not much else to do. You may have to give a few of the films an honest look. Watch Iron Man and the first Captain America and take it from there. Go online and pull a list of the Marvel cinematic universe in chronological order, and start watching. And make sure you pay attention to the post credit scenes, which act as teases that connect the movie to the next one. And if you like movies about the military, CIA, secret government type programs that span over decades, there may be just enough in these movies to help keep you interested.
Don’t watch the ang lee Incredible Hulk movie -
It’s basically unwatchable

Oh it was excellent!! Definitely saw it, and almost felt like I lived it a bit with the old XXP and then the shock when it went off the air.

Double Jeopardy. 1999 movie with Ashley Judd.

It's one of those "bad" movies that's actually quite good - hence why I see it rotating often.

A couple more - Jack Reacher and Battleship.

The former got pretty good reviews; the latter not so much, but I could watch either one and have many times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT