ADVERTISEMENT

Must. Not. Lose.

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Really big game tonight. Biggest of the remaining games? Pitt should be able to win fairly comfortably but upsets happen. And I think the fear for this team is that its too one dimensional. If the 3s dont fall, we have a really good chance of losing. VT showed a blueprint on how to beat us. Run us off the 3 point line and dare us to drive (where plenty of defenders are gladly waiting to flop).

Really big game tonight. Biggest of the remaining games? Pitt should be able to win fairly comfortably but upsets happen. And I think the fear for this team is that its too one dimensional. If the 3s dont fall, we have a really good chance of losing. VT showed a blueprint on how to beat us. Run us off the 3 point line and dare us to drive (where plenty of defenders are gladly waiting to flop).
If they run us off the 3-point line and force us to drive.... we'll score 42 in a half again like we did against VT.

And GT won't score like VT did.

Reactions: Pittnerski
I mean there is a chance that GT outshoots Pitt more than 10% from 3 and Pitt loses. Oh wait, that already happened this year and Pitt still won by double digits on the road. But they hit free throws and GT did not hit any? Is that stat really accurate…VT game had multiple areas of concern including FT. Had Pitt even had a half decent FT day they would have covered, but the likelihood of Pitt struggling again in all those areas would be low.

I mean there is a chance that GT outshoots Pitt more than 10% from 3 and Pitt loses. Oh wait, that already happened this year and Pitt still won by double digits on the road. But they hit free throws and GT did not hit any? Is that stat really accurate…VT game had multiple areas of concern including FT. Had Pitt even had a half decent FT day they would have covered, but the likelihood of Pitt struggling again in all those areas would be low.

They outshot us by 11% from 3 and we only led by 5 with 3:30 left. If you outshoot your opponent by 10% or more, you have a 75% chance of winning. But obviously your win percentage goes up as that 3 point gap widens. Luckily Pitt was just bad and not terrible at 6-20 and 30%. 4-20 and maybe we lose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT