ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on Kenny Pickett

Pitt5593

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
I really like Kenny. I think he brings a lot to the table. Note that he is hindered by a few items listed below:

1. An offensive line that is below average. Both tackles have problems in pass protection. Warren is still a project and I don’t know what to think about the right tackle position. Wilson is certainly not the answer and Gabe struggles at times. The run blocking is just the average but may be hindered by the lack of talent of the running backs.
2. The Playcalling is abysmal. It could be hindered by lack of confidence in a lack of confidence in the Oline but there is too much side to side action. The short passes through the slot receiver accomplish little. Throw the ball down field. The play calling in the fourth quarter was atrocious. Played To win the damn game!
3. Our receivers need to catch the damn ball.
4. We were one of the most highly penalized teams in the nation last year. That is all coaching. It Has to stop.

My biggest group with Kenny is ball protection. Especially when he is running or getting heat in the pocket. This is so important and he has never improved in this area. For a senior quarterback, he also makes too many bad reads. However I think that if we clear up the items mentioned above, he would be an excellent QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News