ADVERTISEMENT

Nathan Peterman GoFundMe page

Bills benched Nate for Matt Barkley, who is literally the 2nd worst (Peterman is the worst) interception to attempts ratio of all time. The Bill's have scored 31 points...in the 1st half. Ouch.

Bills benched Nate for Matt Barkley, who is literally the 2nd worst (Peterman is the worst) interception to attempts ratio of all time. The Bill's have scored 31 points...in the 1st half. Ouch.

Multiple Robert Foster sightings as well.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Can people stop making excuses for Peterman now? Matt Barkley just came in off his couch and scored a ton of points. The Bills have many problems, but QB play was BY FAR the biggest issue up until now. Peterman seems like a smart guy. It is time to start his coaching career or move to the business world. He doesn't belong in the NFL. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Bad situation for Nate.

It’s much harder to be successful as a QB in Buffalo than it is on almost any NFL team. I would not be surprised to seen him have much more success on another team that has a little more talent and a more recent history of success.

Last edited:
Can people stop making excuses for Peterman now? Matt Barkley just came in off his couch and scored a ton of points. The Bills have many problems, but QB play was BY FAR the biggest issue up until now. Peterman seems like a smart guy. It is time to start his coaching career or move to the business world. He doesn't belong in the NFL. Nothing to be ashamed of.

No excuses needed. He has been awful. But you say it’s time for him to move on...wrong. You play until they cut you. Here is his salary the next few years if he is not cut: next year $645,000, the following year $735,000. This year he is making $555,000. He can always get into coaching if cut or whatever else. But he sure as hell won’t be making money like he is now when starting off in his new career.

Reactions: Chaos and below0w
No excuses needed. He has been awful. But you say it’s time for him to move on...wrong. You play until they cut you. Here is his salary the next few years if he is not cut: next year $645,000, the following year $735,000. This year he is making $555,000. He can always get into coaching if cut or whatever else. But he sure as hell won’t be making money like he is now when starting off in his new career.

The Jets' QB is a perfect example of why you don't give up. His career was a miserable failure and he ended up having to spend a year in the UFL. He never gave up and he managed to hang on for 16 years. He's only had 3 good seasons in those 16 years and they've all come for different teams, but he's got a decade and a half of NFL paychecks. Bet he's glad he didn't move to the business world.

Reactions: 4upmc

How can any Pitt fan not root for a fine young man like Nate. He played well for us and has some talent. He’s not a great talent by any means but he does have NFL level talent. The transition from the College to the NFL is huge. It’s that much harder when you have zero talent around you. Nate has shown the ability to persevere and in the long run I would not bet against him getting it together and Having a long Career as a back up

Reactions: #99HUGHgreen
Peterman benched for Matt Barkley, who was just signed off the street last week.

Maybe Nate can catch on somewhere else next year and the change of scenery will help, but I really doubt he gets another chance.
Maybe Gruden will sign him, if he's still coaching the Raiders. He loved Nate before the draft that year.

Sadly, I think Nate will be lucky to make it to the next game. Bye week now and reports are that Allen will be ready for next game. Meanwhile, both Anderson and Barkley appear to have moved past him.

Several years ago I picked up Nate McCown in fantasy and he was one of the best QBs for a few weeks.

In fairness, Nate had his first NFL start against a Chargers team that has won 16 of it's last 21. His first pass in that game hit his receiver in the chest, yet was returned for an INT (as has often happened). He's 1-3 as a starter with some bad stats for sure, but his 3 losses are to a smoking hot Chargers, the Ravens who have a very good D this season and a very good Bears team. Barkley won against a hapless Jet's squad when the Bills actually got some help from their run game. That said, Nate is certainly done in Buffalo. I sincerely hope he gets another shot to make a team elsewhere, as I still believe he can have a nice career ($$) as a backup.

In fairness, Nate had his first NFL start against a Chargers team that has won 16 of it's last 21. His first pass in that game hit his receiver in the chest, yet was returned for an INT (as has often happened). He's 1-3 as a starter with some bad stats for sure, but his 3 losses are to a smoking hot Chargers, the Ravens who have a very good D this season and a very good Bears team. Barkley won against a hapless Jet's squad when the Bills actually got some help from their run game. That said, Nate is certainly done in Buffalo. I sincerely hope he gets another shot to make a team elsewhere, as I still believe he can have a nice career ($$) as a backup.

Great points.

Poor kid got slammed by the national media early on which certainly didn’t help his confidnce. You are right that he had tougher opponents to play against than other QBs and really I don’t think he is in an the kind of environment at Buffalo that set players up for success... Anderson and Allen have looked quite bad in games too.

Buffalo reminds me a lot of the Browns or the Jets where the team just seems stuck in a funk. Are they jinxed or is it simply that the coaches are not putting together a team that works well together.

Peterman being let go by the Bills may allow him an opportunity to get picked up by a team where he has good pass protection and is in sync with his receivers.

To me it’s like this kid has been given a bad hand to play with and is asked to win against other teams with much better hands.

Anyway- I hope Nate finds a better situation and proves he is worthy of playing in the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT