ADVERTISEMENT

National Collegiate Duals 12/18

I think the keslar will end up being pretty good, but it’s just a shame are 157 pound matches seem to be a major every time

I’d like to see the replay but I really thought Pitzer had it. Hopefully he will be more confident to go with some of these guys and be more offensive. Felt like he was waiting for Bastida to make the move in the first two periods

I think the keslar will end up being pretty good, but it’s just a shame are 157 pound matches seem to be a major every time
I agree on Keslar but he better improve before Evans beats him to it. I think Keslar has to get back to the aggressiveness we saw from him at Clarion Open. This Keslar today doesn't beat Joey Blaze

I’d like to see the replay but I really thought Pitzer had it. Hopefully he will be more confident to go with some of these guys and be more offensive. Felt like he was waiting for Bastida to make the move in the first two periods
He definitely was waiting on Bastida first two periods. He faked a couple of shots that he was deep enough to finish on before he finally started shooting. I think Pitzer got a little gun shy on shooting after getting weighed on every time he shot at 215lbs last year. I think he has to learn that his new bulk will help him to defeat that.

As far as the last moments, he wasted about 10-15 seconds where he could have moved Bastida into that danger position but didnt until the very last moment. He might have even decked him if he had gone there sooner

He definitely was waiting on Bastida first two periods. He faked a couple of shots that he was deep enough to finish on before he finally started shooting. I think Pitzer got a little gun shy on shooting after getting weighed on every time he shot at 215lbs last year. I think he has to learn that his new bulk will help him to defeat that.

As far as the last moments, he wasted about 10-15 seconds where he could have moved Bastida into that danger position but didnt until the very last moment. He might have even decked him if he had gone there sooner

Pitzer always fun to watch. Would have been great to beat Bastida at the buzzer two years in a row.

Not a fan of the coaching decision at 197. Stout is down 2-0 to start the period and Cardenas has been the aggressor throughout the match. Not likely to get a stalling point and Stout isn't a mat wrestler, so why go on the bottom? The 3-point takedown means you can take neutral and not have to worry about escaping. Give him the full 2 minutes to do it.

Reactions: Silkky1982
Not a fan of the coaching decision at 197. Stout is down 2-0 to start the period and Cardenas has been the aggressor throughout the match. Not likely to get a stalling point and Stout isn't a mat wrestler, so why go on the bottom? The 3-point takedown means you can take neutral and not have to worry about escaping. Give him the full 2 minutes to do it.
Well, being a non-mat wrestler, they may have wanted that 2 pt cushion should Stout have gotten the take down. Little to no chance that Stout could have ridden out for the win with a 1pt lead

Well, being a non-mat wrestler, they may have wanted that 2 pt cushion should Stout have gotten the take down. Little to no chance that Stout could have ridden out for the win with a 1pt lead
I see your point, but I want the entire time to get a takedown, then worry about whether you can win it in regulation or overtime. This way he never got the opportunity to see if he could ride out for the win.

I see your point, but I want the entire time to get a takedown, then worry about whether you can win it in regulation or overtime. This way he never got the opportunity to see if he could ride out for the win.
Frankly, though, its completely moot since Stout barely even tried for the takedown in the 3rd.

The whole team just kinda looked happy to be there in that match

That’s the difference between the #3 ranked team and #13. They’re recruiting blows us out of the water, so it’s hard to expect upsets every time like we did against Ohio State. That’s just not gonna happen consistently

Reactions: jctrack and persp
That’s the difference between the #3 ranked team and #13. They’re recruiting blows us out of the water, so it’s hard to expect upsets every time like we did against Ohio State. That’s just not gonna happen consistently
I dont think that these matches are for the wins as much as they are for preparing guys to face the best at NCAAs. We might have got our butts kicked but at least the guys should know the standard when they see it again

Lots of good insight on the thread, thanks ya'll. Great day for Camacho, going 2-1 with the most prominent win of his career by far! & his loss was in SV to Terukina, another NCAA qualifier.

I hope no one thinks we're about to run UALR out of the gym. They are a really quality team this year, right around Navy's level.

Holy delay of game, Batman. Is this what they gonna do for this now? Sheesh!

Takeaways from today so far:
Great day for Camacho
Vinny had a damn good day for going 0-3. Lost to #8 Frost in SV, Lost close to Bailey in back and forth match (who tf’ed Frost) and got Vito’d
Cole might be done. His match vs Jesse was amazing but so far he doesn’t look like he will win matches where his opponent gets a takedown

Reactions: rooster75
Luca goes 3-0 with two ranked wins. Great to see after his near miss against Kharchla.

Pitt 22, Little Rock 21 on criteria but man, they smoked us. Injury default is six points, right?

Luca goes 3-0 with two ranked wins. Great to see after his near miss against Kharchla.

Pitt 22, Little Rock 21 on criteria but man, they smoked us. Injury default is six points, right?
Little Rock just wrestled so much harder than Pitt. That was the most disappointing part

Tough day overall. Learn and move on to the next one.

Liked what I seen from Camacho, Luca 3-0, Stout and Pitzer.

Reactions: persp

Pitt 22, Little Rock 21 on criteria but man, they smoked us. Injury default is six points,
Yes the injury default saved us. Next criteria was Mac‘s tech.

Any thoughts on why Cornell would not send Fernando vs Pitzer. Then sent him vs Bastida?
Give him rest. Did not need him against Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT