ADVERTISEMENT

NC State 1 win away

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Not from that. From giving us an extra Q1 win which would come in handy if we lose to Wake. Everyone would have us out but if everything breaks right, I still think we have a realistic shot with the 7 road wins.

They just have to not get blown out tomorrow. This should get them to at least 75 with the immediate teams ahead of them not likely to win their conference tournaments.

Not from that. From giving us an extra Q1 win which would come in handy if we lose to Wake. Everyone would have us out but if everything breaks right, I still think we have a realistic shot with the 7 road wins.
You don’t think a 20 point neutral court win over #80 would move them up 4 spots tonight ?

This is the stupidity we are dealing with, hoping the State subs don’t blow some of this lead in the last 2 minutes.

It could but even if it did, they could move back down with a bad loss or other teams winning. Haven't gamed it out but I'll ask my Mountain West contacts. Nobody knows the NET like those cowboys.
Ends up 18. I think that moves them up into the Top 75 (for now).

They just have to not get blown out tomorrow. This should get them to at least 75 with the immediate teams ahead of them not likely to win their conference tournaments.
I understand and agree with what you say, but this demonstrates the stupidity of the entire system. It's like arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

In what universe can a game between 2 teams that Pitt has split with matter at all to determing how good Pitt is?

I'll accept that their game could be used to tell us that one of those teams is a bit better than we'd thought, and the other a bit worse, but since Pitt played them both the same number of times, and had the same result, it can't possibly tell you anything about how good or bad Pitt is--it just tells you that two teams they've played are of slightly different quality, but by exactly the same difference--one up, one down.

It's just spinning numbers.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
BC also falls in that category now. Will drop Clemson down to Q2 for some teams at home like Pitt, but Bc should be on cusp of 75. They moved up 5 last night after beating Miami to 91. 16 spots to go.

Also, Mizz with the near perfect loss to net that should keep them a Q3. Maybe they move up but doubt they fall down. A win and they may get smoked by gators tomorrow.

Reactions: PittMBA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT