ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS THREAD

Everyone's opponents tomorrow in the AM:

Cole: Isaiah Powe is a true freshman from Chattanooga who beat Dylan Chappel earlier today. He shouldn't be taken lightly but this is a match I would heavily favorite Cole. Survive and Advance!

Finn: Graham Rooks made the blood round last year but has not looked as good this season. This is a toss up match for Finn and is he wrestles aggressively combined with his top notch defense I have a pretty good feeling about this one.

Holden: He has OKST's Olejnik who he lost to 5-2 in the dual. Olejinik ended his season last year so I bet Holden would love to extract his revenge in this one. I lean the favor towards Olejinik as Holden has not looked good in neutral so far for nationals but if he puts Olejinik on his back he has a real shot.

Luca: He has the 8 Seed Adam Kemp. Kemp missed a lot of the season with injury and is hard to scout for as he is a 6th year senior who is only making the national tournament for the 2nd time. He beat Brayden Thompson in a close one then gave Carter Starocci a tough matchup. He only has 1 other non-injury loss this season, to Conigliaro from Harvard who just went 0-2 this season. Luca is a slight underdog but if he goes out and wrestles the way he did against Baker he has a real solid shot of pulling this match off.

Reece: Reece has Will Feldkamp who he majored in the dual, I would not right this off as an easy match however as this is another matchup of loose cannons. This is a match that really could go either way.

Mac: The bracket broke in a favorable way for Mac. He has 22 seed Minnesota's Garret Joles who upset Jaxon Smith to make the rd16. This is a matchup of two wrestlers with somewhat similar results that I could see going either way. Mac's aggression will pay off in this matchup methinks.

Pitzer: He has Heindselman from OU. This is a similar matchup to Doucet where wrestling smart in top/bottom is going to be the difference between winning and losing. 1 takedown likely decides the match.

Everyone's opponents tomorrow in the AM:

Cole: Isaiah Powe is a true freshman from Chattanooga who beat Dylan Chappel earlier today. He shouldn't be taken lightly but this is a match I would heavily favorite Cole. Survive and Advance!

Finn: Graham Rooks made the blood round last year but has not looked as good this season. This is a toss up match for Finn and is he wrestles aggressively combined with his top notch defense I have a pretty good feeling about this one.

Holden: He has OKST's Olejnik who he lost to 5-2 in the dual. Olejinik ended his season last year so I bet Holden would love to extract his revenge in this one. I lean the favor towards Olejinik as Holden has not looked good in neutral so far for nationals but if he puts Olejinik on his back he has a real shot.

Luca: He has the 8 Seed Adam Kemp. Kemp missed a lot of the season with injury and is hard to scout for as he is a 6th year senior who is only making the national tournament for the 2nd time. He beat Brayden Thompson in a close one then gave Carter Starocci a tough matchup. He only has 1 other non-injury loss this season, to Conigliaro from Harvard who just went 0-2 this season. Luca is a slight underdog but if he goes out and wrestles the way he did against Baker he has a real solid shot of pulling this match off.

Reece: Reece has Will Feldkamp who he majored in the dual, I would not right this off as an easy match however as this is another matchup of loose cannons. This is a match that really could go either way.

Mac: The bracket broke in a favorable way for Mac. He has 22 seed Minnesota's Garret Joles who upset Jaxon Smith to make the rd16. This is a matchup of two wrestlers with somewhat similar results that I could see going either way. Mac's aggression will pay off in this matchup methinks.

Pitzer: He has Heindselman from OU. This is a similar matchup to Doucet where wrestling smart in top/bottom is going to be the difference between winning and losing. 1 takedown likely decides the match.
Matthews should definitely win, Chappell was in control of match and made a mental mistake to lose in last 30 seconds. Didn’t wrestle aggressive enough either

Reactions: wrestlingfan22
I’ll tell you obviously every single match is very tough but if Pitt can get on a little roll here they could get to a point of multiple all Americans. because some of these match ups seem to be very 50/50. Of course, if they wrestle like they did yesterday in the first session then none of this will happen lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos
I’ll tell you obviously every single match is very tough but if Pitt can get on a little roll here they could get to a point of multiple all Americans. because some of these match ups seem to be very 50/50. Of course, if they wrestle like they did yesterday in the first session then none of this will happen lol.
As you said this is possible. Offense drives everything, never seen a team get burned so bad with no offense. Let’s bring it today!

Tough one for Finn but overall a good tournament for him to get a win and some good experience

Luca goes down 3-1 in SV. He pushed the pace throughout the entire first two periods but could never get close to finishing and Kemp's length was a big issue

Luca needs to finish, beautiful opposite side high crotch and outside single and he comes up to the waist and loses it.

Reactions: persp
Wow, it's over already for Pitt. Disappointing ending to a disappointing season. Some of the young guys showed some promise for the future though. H2P

Reactions: Silkky1982
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT