ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA preview

😰 Whew! Nino’s bout was closer than I thought it would be, given how it started. So glad to see that he’s moving on.

Reactions: Chaos
LFG Nino!!!

I really like the matchup with Laird. I was more worried about Allred, honestly. I think we will see a 2022 blood round rematch with Elam.
Laird is tough to takedown. It’ll be a fun matchup

Reactions: persp
I agree. My only beef is that Cole went straight backwards. Nino showed how to finish a match by getting in on a leg and holding on
Cole hasn't really scored many points all season, so I was thinking it was more of a trend than just today. He has to be sick after that match. I'm pissed for him lol. Hopefully he can regroup and work through the consolation bracket.

Reactions: jctrack and persp
Laird is tough to takedown. It’ll be a fun matchup
True, but I think Trumble is tougher to take down for Nino. Trumble is so long that he can easily get to Nino's ankles and also leverages his weight so well. I dont think Laird scrambles the same.

Reactions: bwh05 and Chaos
I hate Penn State but RBY is just cold blooded dude doesn’t get rattled at all and is a killer. Sheesh, McGee is athletically freaky as well

Reactions: lucac
I hate Penn State but RBY is just cold blooded dude doesn’t get rattled at all and is a killer. Sheesh, McGee is athletically freaky as well
McGee wrestled about a good a match as you possibly could against RBY. Its a shame he lost but like you said, RBY is just cold, just continues to focus on what needs done.

Reactions: DevilDog42
Dang poor Mickey. 4 time round of 12. I was hoping this was the year he got over the hump.
I wish I felt otherwise but I feel Mickey has actually regressed. He doesn't seem to have wrestled with the same passion as he did a couple years ago. Maybe I'm wrong. Wrestling is a difficult sport and very hard on your body so trying to figure out emotion from physical is difficult.

That said, I was hoping this was the year too that he would break through. Damn...

I wish I felt otherwise but I feel Mickey has actually regressed. He doesn't seem to have wrestled with the same passion as he did a couple years ago. Maybe I'm wrong. Wrestling is a difficult sport and very hard on your body so trying to figure out emotion from physical is difficult.

That said, I was hoping this was the year too that he would break through. Damn...
It is a brutal sport and it is hard to stay up for as long as he has been wrestling no matter what they say in public.

Whether you don’t like Lee or his family, you gotta respect his wrestling. That pin was absolutely incredible. But I’ve watched Lee for years and I always thought he was susceptible to a pin. Just didn’t believe it would happen.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

I will preface this as being a new fan(since Pitt hoops started sucking with Stallings), but I just thought that 133 is too light for Mickey. I could be wrong, but I always joke that Mickey's hungry(for food). He's starved his body for too long and is ready for the buffet. On another note, when will the "Pitt should have hired Santoro" whispers begin again?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT