ADVERTISEMENT

New and last Timberlake thread

You guys call me negative. Or I hate Capel. I’m giving you reasons why this team has a shot to make the tourney and you keep shooting me down saying our players ARENT that good.

I Understand perfectly fine who Trey and X are. You guys are being the negative ones saying we can’t do any better than 8 wins in ACC. We’re not getting 4 years out of X and maybe not even 3. So we have 1-2 years to make a tournament with him.

And yeah, he’s not Zion, or Cole Anthony. But I’d take him over Tre Jones and the UVA PG. So why NOT us? One guy carries teams to tournaments all the time. But he has help! A great running mate, a solid freshmen in Drumgoole and an improved Toney should have a chance to go 9 or more wins in the ACC. WHY NOT

And we have 2 returning sophomore guards better than any of those players. Stop making excuses. Those 2 can win a TON of games for us, if we let them. It’s a defeatist attitude to think we can’t win until they’re juniors because one of them ain’t ever gonna be a junior here.

We don't have a viable Center (and that's Capel's fault at this point). SRU outrebounded us in the 1st Half. We will be severely limited by not having any inside presence on either end of the floor. That said, the NIT is a realistic goal and I would consider the season a disappointment if we didnt make it.

We don't have a viable Center (and that's Capel's fault at this point). SRU outrebounded us in the 1st Half. We will be severely limited by not having any inside presence on either end of the floor. That said, the NIT is a realistic goal and I would consider the season a disappointment if we didnt make it.
What’s even more stunning is that they outrebounded us despite missing Micah THE GOD Till.

Well Coach didn’t make the same mistake as his first recruiting cycle; and while this kid is not a five star, with some coaching and strength and conditioning we are going to have a solid rim protector. Let it ride...

Well Coach didn’t make the same mistake as his first recruiting cycle; and while this kid is not a five star, with some coaching and strength and conditioning we are going to have a solid rim protector. Let it ride...

Who are you talking about?

Yes, making the tourney in the big 12 is easier if you’re WVU or Pitt when we were rolling. You’re not looking at this the same way I am.

TCU is probably the 5th most popular program in its state. It hadn’t been to the tournament in 20 years. While the big 12 is OBVIOUSLY not as good as the ACC, taking TCU to the tournament in 2 years gives me HOPE that Pitt can do it. It’s not that different. We have 2 better guards than they had at any position. So why not us? Why couldn’t the ball bounce our way in 10-12 ACC games and sneak us in?

Listen, I was trying to be positive. As I’ve tried to say, my no such thing as a massive rebuild thing was a GOOD thing. If X and Trey improved even a little bit, we should be a bubble team. So why not year 2? I was using TCU as an example of a team that was down FOREVER who instantly got turned around. It’s not like they won’t take 9 or 10 ACC teams. I’m not asking to win the ACC or expecting it. I’m HOPING we can compete to be the 9th or 10th best ACC team and try to crack a 68 team field. I hope that explains better than I have.

I have to agree with you and that's why I'm saying there going to win atleast 20 wins with 10 coming from the ACC reg & ACC tourney. IMHO

OK. But he is a lottery ticket. Its fine to take a guy like that. Programs like Pitt have to. Capel's eye for talent has been good but Amadasun is much more likely to be Peace Illegomah than even Gary McGhee. What you need to do is take a lottery ticket BIG every year and hope you can hit on 1 out of 3-4 and encourage the others to explore other opportunities.

OK. But he is a lottery ticket. Its fine to take a guy like that. Programs like Pitt have to. Capel's eye for talent has been good but Amadasun is much more likely to be Peace Illegomah than even Gary McGhee. What you need to do is take a lottery ticket BIG every year and hope you can hit on 1 out of 3-4 and encourage the others to explore other opportunities.

Sure, absolutely agree. I was just saying that where Capel went after the big time center in his first cycle, he made sure that at least one was locked on to this time. In other words, missing out on any center would not happen again.

Reactions: Fsgolfdr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT