ADVERTISEMENT

New USF on-campus stadium

And again, the argument for an on campus stadium isn't about increasing attendance. It's about having a right sized stadium for the program. And a stadium on campus that Pitt controls. And a better atmosphere because the stadium is filled. And... And.. And...
SPOT ON Hail To Pitt!

The next time conference realignment happens Pitt might get the boot from the ACC. We are a P5 program in name only. Our donation levels and "success" in sports would make us a better fit in the AAC.

Wait, what?

Please link one shred of evidence you have to support the idea that Pitt would get kicked out of the ACC for any reason.

It's not excuses, its the facts about off campus buildings being morgues and kills recruiting. If you watched the 21st ranked USF BULLS last night vs Temple, you say them playing to 5000 people MAXIMUM in a 65,000 seat building with RED seats. If you thought Heinz was bad, this was a complete utter embarassment and USF has 15,000 more undergrad students than Pitt. ZERO atmosphere and difficult to recruit 4/5 star talent to play in off campus stadiums.

And yet they are ranked 21st. Kinda blows your theory all to hell. Unless you are one of those people that thinks that winning the "attendance game" is more important than winning the games on the field.

You do a feasibility study and you say it can be done but it will take X amount of dollars. Have a meeting with boosters and tell them this is what they need to do if they want it. Have a, you know, an actual fundraising campaign. For me personally, I will "buck up" considerably for an on-campus stadium. I place a very high value on that. Thing is, they wont even STUDY the idea like small-potatoes programs USF and Temple. Pitt is the only P5 program in the country besides UCLA who doesn't have their own stadium (and I count USC as on-campus since it is across the street from their campus). At this point, they have to at least do a feasibility study.
I agree. Listen to the fans or expect donations to plummet even more. This is where the Yinzer attitude to accept whatever Daddy Gallagher - who, by the way is absent now on all things Pitt sports - says.

These fans who say just give it up are complacent and accepting of the status quo. On the flip side, Pitt needs to invest in its football program so that the football team is winning 10 games (as Starkey says) often enough that attendance will grow, as it has done in the past to 50.000 per game.

Until they lose a game and the soft dramatic Pitt fans don't come anyway.
Keep up.the "Company Line": It's the fans fault....Whah, whah, whah ...It's the fans fault....Whah, whah, whah.

Pitt's MBA Program must suck. Maybe they can strike a deal with Burger King to give MBA's away with Whopper Extra Vaue meals like WVU?

Reactions: TD_istheman
USF is a huge school with nearly 50k on main campus. They have money.

According to US News and World Reports --
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/usf-1537/student-life

University of South Florida has a total undergraduate enrollment of 31,461, with a gender distribution of 46 percent male students and 54 percent female students. At this school, 24 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated or -affiliated housing and 76 percent of students live off campus.

My son went to USF for a year and it is very much a commuter school.

50000 is the same as 31000.. Why inject facts into a great exaggeration by a Nitwit.. It will just confuse Hotshoe..

You're right, when we've had 31,000 at Heinz, they would announce it as 50,000.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT