ADVERTISEMENT

Next commit?

The funny thing about this is I like Huggins as coach but Matthews picking WVU seems like an odd match. That's it, nothing else about it.

You are right David.Huggins could never recruit a 4 or 5* player to Wvu because of that DUI in Cincinnati. I bet he can't make the final 4 or sweet 16 at Wvu because of it.Players hate him,fans hate him,coaches hate him,the media hates him,the whole state of Wva hates him.He'll never win in that hell whole that is Morgantown.Huggys a bum in a sweatsuit.

Reactions: getsmeeverytime
David I agree with you about Matthews not coming to Wvu.Huggy recruited him out of HS and couldn't get him.Wvu just signed a 6'7"JC guard and they're out of scholarships but Matthews is coming to visit?Reason being word on the street is Konate is leaving and Huggy needs another wing.Hugh loss if Konate leaves,Capel just might beat Huggy's butt next year in beautiful Morgantown,Wva!

Oops should of read the Wvu board before writing Wvu doesnt have an open scholarship.Freshman forward Teddy Allen just transfered from Wvu today so a scholarship opened up today.

You are right David.Huggins could never recruit a 4 or 5* player to Wvu because of that DUI in Cincinnati. I bet he can't make the final 4 or sweet 16 at Wvu because of it.Players hate him,fans hate him,coaches hate him,the media hates him,the whole state of Wva hates him.He'll never win in that hell whole that is Morgantown.Huggys a bum in a sweatsuit.

If you read these boards, you know my affinity for Huggs Pizza. I think he is great and just is a great guy all around. Real, 100% real.

That being said, what are your thoughts on Capel? I think Pitt really did well to get him.

If you read these boards, you know my affinity for Huggs Pizza. I think he is great and just is a great guy all around. Real, 100% real.

That being said, what are your thoughts on Capel? I think Pitt really did well to get him.
I never really watch Capel in action so I can't comment on his coaching ability.I watched his elite 8 run with Griffin but didn't concentrate on Capel.He had a bad 2 years after Griffin left but things like this happened to a lot of coaches.Heck Huggs got fired at Cincinnati too,big deal he got it straightened out after that.I said on the Wvu board that Capel will be a thorn in Huggs side because he's a good recruiter.It's a whole lot easier coaching when you have good players and he'll get his share.I think the smartest thing Capel did was sit beside Coach K for 7 years and let the dust settle on his career.In my honest opinion I think he's a very good hire.I hope him and Huggy get along because Huggy wants to play Pitt every year.A good Pitt helps Wvu's RPI win or lose. I never understood why Dixon stopped playing Wvu because he owned Huggins,Oh well he had his reasons I guess.

Reactions: jaebree422
Capel's assistant got caught paying improper benefits to a player. Back then stuff like that mattered and 5 underclassmen left the program in fear of the NCAA. Not having talent on the roster is what lead to the 2 bad years.

I never really watch Capel in action so I can't comment on his coaching ability.I watched his elite 8 run with Griffin but didn't concentrate on Capel.He had a bad 2 years after Griffin left but things like this happened to a lot of coaches.Heck Huggs got fired at Cincinnati too,big deal he got it straightened out after that.I said on the Wvu board that Capel will be a thorn in Huggs side because he's a good recruiter.It's a whole lot easier coaching when you have good players and he'll get his share.I think the smartest thing Capel did was sit beside Coach K for 7 years and let the dust settle on his career.In my honest opinion I think he's a very good hire.I hope him and Huggy get along because Huggy wants to play Pitt every year.A good Pitt helps Wvu's RPI win or lose. I never understood why Dixon stopped playing Wvu because he owned Huggins,Oh well he had his reasons I guess.

Capel's assistant got caught paying improper benefits to a player. Back then stuff like that mattered and 5 underclassmen left the program in fear of the NCAA. Not having talent on the roster is what lead to the 2 bad years.
No talent = bad yrs seems like Pitt proved your point !

Reactions: jaebree422
You obviously know in 2 or 3 years Pitt Basketball will smoke your jive hillbilly town squad.

Huggy signs a player that Capel didn't even want! It doesn't look very good for WVU in the future against PITT.Maybe Huggins shouldn't play PITT after this contract runs out after three more games.Wvu's ship is taking on water and could be that Huggins can save it the way he's recruiting.

Huggy signs a player that Capel didn't even want! It doesn't look very good for WVU in the future against PITT.Maybe Huggins shouldn't play PITT after this contract runs out after three more games.Wvu's ship is taking on water and could be that Huggins can save it the way he's recruiting.
yeah ok

Joe I agree with you on this one.How can MARTY insult the town that has THE Harvard on the Mon as its centerpiece?As a matter of fact I'm a Cal U grad that probably explains a lot to you guys.

If it’s all about winning, CalU men and women have been constant competitors for National Championsips. The woman have won basketball national championsips in 2004 and 2015. And two championsips in softball. The men won a Hockey National championship and were runners up twice in Football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT