ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year’s ACC Championship Game

Pitt2009

Redshirt
Dec 24, 2015
What are your thoughts on moving the ACC Championship Game to Friday Night? The ACC will have the timeslot to itself with the Pac 12 folding. It wouldn’t need to compete with the Big Ten for viewership.

PAC 12 played on Friday nights not Saturday.

Hard to predict it for next year, but Pitt likely wont compete for it, hope I’m wrong

Reactions: HailToPitt725
What are your thoughts on moving the ACC Championship Game to Friday Night? The ACC will have the timeslot to itself with the Pac 12 folding. It wouldn’t need to compete with the Big Ten for viewership.

No. Sucks for attendance. B10 on Fox. ACC on ABC. Maybe move it up to 7:30 before the 8PM B10 start.

Your point about attendance makes sense.

You don't think that more fans can go to a game in Charlotte on a Saturday night than on Friday, and that Saturday is more convenient for the people who can go?

I mean we aren't talking about tens of thousands, but clearly they sell more tickets for a Saturday game than they would for a Friday game.

Highly doubtful that FOX and ABC would go head to head for obvious reasons

They already do. And I wonder how popular the 2nd OSU/Mich game in 2 weeks is going to be. Both teams are in and should probably rest their starters. You could have a situation where a 10-2 FSU vs 10-2 Clemson game is the better game because its a defacto play-in game. Or maybe you have 8-4 UNC trying to become a bid stealer by beating 12-0 Clemson, who is already in. The whole nation turns to ABC in the 2nd Half as UNC leads and the bubble teams are rooting hard for Clemson.

Highly doubtful that FOX and ABC would go head to head for obvious reasons

week14cfb2.png

And you wanna be my latex salesman?

No. Sucks for attendance. B10 on Fox. ACC on ABC. Maybe move it up to 7:30 before the 8PM B10 start.

I guess attendance would suffer - point taken. But there is no doubt that tv ratings would increase by up to 25% if it was the sole game on Friday night, versus continuing to face off with the BIG.... again, especially now that the BIG championships might actually be worth watching, as opposed to the larger alumni numbers being what carries them.

Reactions: Ronnyp91
week14cfb2.png

And you wanna be my latex salesman?

I am surprised the B10 only beat the ACC by 3 million. Also surprised it only lost to B12 by less than 1 million considering B12 was unopposed and the ACC was up against the ACC directly.

With the B12 becoming the "4th" of the P4 and with attendance being bad anyway as you can have an Iowa State vs UCF championship game or something like that, I think ESPN may move the B12 to Friday and then maybe put the ACC at noon on Saturday.

ESPN figures to sweeten the pot a little and move either the ACC or Big 12 to Friday night.

ESPN figures to sweeten the pot a little and move either the ACC or Big 12 to Friday night.
Totally, either of those games will bring in way move viewers than whatever they usually run on ABC Friday nights.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT