ADVERTISEMENT

NIL is already having a huge impact

There is no one that would ever think NIL will change college sports. I can completely see some small school like Stony Brook can have some millionaire give 5 bball recruits a ton of money and win a NC. I can see Mark Cuban doing the same for us *crossing fingers*

It all depends on return of investment. I think it actually helps a school like Pitt who would traditionally play by the rules. They can openly pay players, are in a metro area, have some wealthy alum, and a lot of funds coming from medicine/research. How much more can the SEC really pay to get more on a return than they already do? This helps mostly USC/UCLA, Miami, Pitt, possibly BC who should tap the wealth of the area.

Reactions: President Stache
The funds from Medicine/research stays in...you know....medicine and research. It cannot be allocated in any way toward athletics. And that's where the vast majority of Pitt's endowments are presently located.

The funds from Medicine/research stays in...you know....medicine and research. It cannot be allocated in any way toward athletics. And that's where the vast majority of Pitt's endowments are presently located.
Who needs medical research when you could use that for five star recruits and national championships?

Reactions: USN_Panther

All of that money to go from 4th, 6th, 8th... seems like a lot of wasted money to me.

I would be much happier if they just legalized pay for play because these are all "pay for play" deals not NIL deals. Stop screwing around and just make pay for play legal.

Also college football now but they call it NIL instead of pay for play (which is weirdly still against NCAA rules)

I mean, you are right. I hate they play players now, but I cant disagree with your statement.

I just think they allow kids to enter the NFL anytime they want as opposed to ruining college football forever.

It all depends on return of investment. I think it actually helps a school like Pitt who would traditionally play by the rules. They can openly pay players, are in a metro area, have some wealthy alum, and a lot of funds coming from medicine/research. How much more can the SEC really pay to get more on a return than they already do? This helps mostly USC/UCLA, Miami, Pitt, possibly BC who should tap the wealth of the area.

I think it just helps to widen the gap for places where college football is more import than anything, including stopping coaches from raping little boys.

I mean, you are right. I hate they play players now, but I cant disagree with your statement.

I just think they allow kids to enter the NFL anytime they want as opposed to ruining college football forever.

I am actually FOR paying players. But not the way they are doing it by saying "pay for play" is illegal but allowing boosters to "pay for play" as "NIL."

I am actually FOR paying players. But not the way they are doing it by saying "pay for play" is illegal but allowing boosters to "pay for play" as "NIL."

Im against it, but yeah, it is basically shammery either way you say it. It is legalized bribery. But again, you are definitely correct, it is a hypocrisy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT