ADVERTISEMENT

Nix is gone

So far they don't have enough bodies,if Luther transfers they have what 6 players this year so far?

If Nix (or any transfer from Pitt) were wanting to transfer to a local team, like Duquesne, YSU or Robert Morris, would Pitt block any of those?

Thx & thoughts...

Don't be sad for me . I know according to you Manigualt should've seen more minutes . Nix could at least added some muscle underneath 2/3 minutes a half .

That is 2/3 minutes better than the zero minutes we now have unless Stallings lands a true post player who will be immediately eligible.

If Stallings cannot bring in 2 front court players that can play next year, then this is another strike against him.

Bummer, liked the dude and his effort. I doubt he was one of the guys the staff wanted to see transfer. Perhaps he just wants more PT.

That is 2/3 minutes better than the zero minutes we now have unless Stallings lands a true post player who will be immediately eligible.
I agree he was a spot player now they have no one to go lean on the other teams big man and it's not like they need the spot .

Liked Nix.

But anyone that knows anything knew he was leaving.

Yet now we are all acting like this is a big shocker and death knell for the program.

We aren't going to be good next year. But this doesnt doom us. Stallings has less than 12 months to right the ship, today doesn't mean anything. Stop being dramatic

Reactions: Pitt-Chains
Liked Nix.

Yet now we are all acting like this is a big shocker and death knell for the program.

We aren't going to be good next year. But this doesnt doom us. Stallings has less than 12 months to right the ship, today doesn't mean anything. Stop being dramatic
Stallings apparently didn't know, or he would have recruited a replacement.

Stallings apparently didn't know, or he would have recruited a replacement.

That's a simplistic way to think about it imo.

Maybe he thinks he has a shot at some 18 guys and doesn't want ships tied up on a rebuild years.

We will see soon enough.

He hasn't done well....but the guy isn't a stone cold moron. I think he still has some moves to make.

Nix is gone after next season anyway .

I don't think Nix leaving was Stallings decision as much as it was Nix. I was responding to kiwi suggesting if stallings knew why didn't he replace him.

Nix was told he wouldn't be able to come back. Then the staff tried to get him to stay when they weren't able to replace him but he decided to leave.

For real??

U have a legit source on that?

If true, shame on Stallings for kicking out a senior! & not replacing his roster spot even.

If Nix (or any transfer from Pitt) were wanting to transfer to a local team, like Duquesne, YSU or Robert Morris, would Pitt block any of those?

Thx & thoughts...

Only reason to block any of them is if Pitt plays them next year. I assume they play Duquesne but if he really wants to go there for some reason let him go - but I can't see Duq even having any interest.

We will see soon enough.

He hasn't done well....but the guy isn't a stone cold moron. I think he still has some moves to make.
I believe this is a fair way to look at it.

The guy obviously has a clue in how to run a program. I'm not pleased with the results thus far. It doesn't appear to me that he's improved recruiting. But the final result is not in yet.

What he signs in November will be the true test in my opinion.

Reactions: gary2
Liked Nix.

Really?

Like I said, initially he was told to look for other options. They then tried to convince him to stay. Believe what you want, I'm just telling you what happened.

I agree with u...besides DT who had inside info, no one would have speculated him leaving.

People only really thought of him leaving after that. He could have still got minutes at a major program (P5) but decided to leave.

Hope he comes to RMU tho lol.

Great news its almost like landing a new recruit!
Cant jump, no shot, out of shape, not a D1 player!
Only PITT fans think this guy is the answer which probably explains the entire basketball cluster fu-k.
Nix leaving is an opportunity for PITT basketball since we can add a player who can actually play basketball!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT