ADVERTISEMENT

Not renewing season tickets

Don’t talk to me talk to the virus experts that expect a resurgence in the fall.

I never said the economy won’t be starting back but at this point football in the fall isn’t looking good.

Jesus who’s being the baby here? Those who want their sports entertainment over all or those who think it’s entirely possible 2020 is a lost year sports wise. Take a look around there’s NO sports anywhere right now globally.
It’s just not going to go away -
Outside widespread vaccinations

ignore the dope- he’s been Loud wrong about every part of this

I decided I'm not going to renew simply because there is no way fans are going to be allowed to attend games this fall if there is a season. If something changes drastically, and mass gathetings of 50K-100K are allowed, I will buy them then.

Anyone else taking this approach?
Good...the place will smell better without you.

Don’t talk to me talk to the virus experts that expect a resurgence in the fall.

I never said the economy won’t be starting back but at this point football in the fall isn’t looking good.

Jesus who’s being the baby here? Those who want their sports entertainment over all or those who think it’s entirely possible 2020 is a lost year sports wise. Take a look around there’s NO sports anywhere right now globally.
At some point we are going to have to get on with our lives. We can’t shut down the world for 1/2 a year. At some point we are gonna have to unlock the deadbolt, open the blinds and peak our head outside the door and get on with our lives here.

to expect us to live like this all summer and into the fall is an impossibility. We can’t hide under the covers forever.

I have been very honest about when I have and have not been a season ticket holder.

I have had season tickets every year ar Heinz except for the last 2 years of Chryst.

I have been a season ticket holder every year at The Pete except the last 3 or so years of Dixon and Stallings Year 2.

And yet you had no idea that the deadline for renewing football season tickets was before the corona virus shutdown. As was the extended deadline due to their computer issues. It's only now, after you've missed the two original deadlines, that it's dawned on you that you missed anything.

And yet you had no idea that the deadline for renewing football season tickets was before the corona virus shutdown. As was the extended deadline due to their computer issues. It's only now, after you've missed the two original deadlines, that it's dawned on you that you missed anything.
You really think you can’t get season tickets for pitt football?

You really think you can’t get season tickets for pitt football?

No, I don't think that. I think that the deadline for season ticket renewals was March 5. I think they extended that deadline a week because they said they were having computer issues. I think that both of those came before the virus shutdown.

Wait, that's not really true. I don't "think" any one of those things. I "know" all three of them. The guy who is claiming that he decided to wait to renew his tickets until after the virus situation gets itself sorted out doesn't seem to know any of that.

I renewed my football season tickets in a timely manner. Obviously you are not a season ticket holder, as the renewal was due prior to the COVID-19 shut down and panic. If for some reason the country is still in a shut down mode come Labor Day weekend, you will have far more to worry about than Pitt football or public gatherings. I was at the ACC Basketball Tournament when it was shut down, mid-tournament. Pitt and the ACC immediately refunded the total purchase price of the tickets to the games that were not played. Obviously everyone has to do what they believe is in their own and family's best health and economic interest...but following your lead I hope is not what the majority choose. Hail to Pitt!
True, if not renewed by now, never a season ticket holder. H2P yinzers!

No, I don't think that. I think that the deadline for season ticket renewals was March 5. I think they extended that deadline a week because they said they were having computer issues. I think that both of those came before the virus shutdown.

Wait, that's not really true. I don't "think" any one of those things. I "know" all three of them. The guy who is claiming that he decided to wait to renew his tickets until after the virus situation gets itself sorted out doesn't seem to know any of that.
Well if the season happens and SMF wants to renew, I’m betting that the ticket office will take his money.

worst case, he loses his seats and is given the option of the seats one row behind.

Well of course they will.

But until then, if you go outside and look waaaaaay up in the sky you might see the point going over your head.
You guys are upset at SMF, someone who you’ve never met, who may or may not Get season tix for a season that may or may not happen.

is that about right?

You guys are upset at SMF, someone who you’ve never met, who may or may not Get season tix for a season that may or may not happen.

is that about right?

I'm never upset at SMF. He's the board comic relief. His original post in this thread shows that, where he claimed that the reason he didn't renew his season tickets was because of something that didn't happen until after the season ticket renewal deadline.

If people don't renew then I will move my seats to where I want them and then they will just roll them into next season. Can all the 50 yard line club box please not renew

I decided I'm not going to renew simply because there is no way fans are going to be allowed to attend games this fall if there is a season. If something changes drastically, and mass gathetings of 50K-100K are allowed, I will buy them then.

havent you not renewed for like 30 years in a row?

"renewing" implies you even had them in first place.....

Reactions: PittFamily2
If there is a season, there quite possibly could be distancing requirements, one fan or every 5 or 6 seats,

In which case our esteemed university once again is ahead of the curve.

As for the NFL, if the owners pool together a billion dollars (for them, chump change) to throw at a vaccine,

They may save their season and fans under distancing guidelines will be permitted.

Reactions: bubba31
Here's the email I got yesterday. Still think I'm not a season ticket holder?

We thank you for your continued support and hope that you and your family are safe and healthy. Especially, during these difficult times. We’ve had to adjust quickly in order to keep our student athletes, coaches, staff and fans safe.

2020 Football Season Tickets

In order to allow our loyal football season ticket members some extra time to renew their football season tickets for the 2020 season, the renewal deadline has been extended from Thursday, March 5 to Wednesday, April 8. Tickets can be renewed online by logging in HERE or visiting www.pittsburghpanthers.com. If you do not plan on renewing your football season tickets, we encourage your feedback as well.

Although the Panthers athletics ticket office is closed for in-person business, our staff is available via phone (1-800-643-7488) and email (tickets@athletics.pitt.edu) during regular business hours. When calling 1-800-643-7488, please press 1 and follow the prompts to leave a message. Your call will be returned promptly. We appreciate your patience as we continue to serve you, while also holding our community’s health and safety as the No. 1 priority.

Hail to Pitt!

Panther Ticket Office
1-800-643-PITT (7488)
tickets@athletics.pitt.edu
Monday – Friday | 9:00am to 5:00pm

Obviously without the email data, we have no way of authenticating the email above was actually sent to you. Moreover, even if you did actually receive it, it merely means Pitt is still trying to sell you season tickets. Be certain, anyone that is on Pitt's email distribution list is likely being solicited to buy tickets....which is certainly the way it should be. Ultimately, my point remains that you are a phony and not really a supporter of the Pitt football program. Hopefully that tin foil cap you wear keeps you safe. Be well. Hail to Pitt!

Obviously without the email data, we have no way of authenticating the email above was actually sent to you. Moreover, even if you did actually receive it, it merely means Pitt is still trying to sell you season tickets. Be certain, anyone that is on Pitt's email distribution list is likely being solicited to buy tickets....which is certainly the way it should be. Ultimately, my point remains that you are a phony and not really a supporter of the Pitt football program. Hopefully that tin foil cap you wear keeps you safe. Be well. Hail to Pitt!

The other thing is that the whole season ticket process is kind of on hold right now. In a normal year, at this point they would be allowing any new ticket requests that they have and any requests to move that they have from people who have renewed to move into the seats "abandoned" by season ticket holders who did not renew. Since the whole process has stopped, it doesn't cost them anything to try to get people who did not renew to change their minds.

But of course that doesn't change the fact that they would have had to have made the decision to not renew before the shutdown started.

No, this hurts the program and is part of the reason Pitt struggles. You want Pitt to be big time, buy tickets or donate money.

My god some of our fans...

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
Renewed months ago. This will pass. If you don't get out and go to the game you will find yourself in a rut and never get out! Fill the Stadium September 5th!

OK, you caught me. I made that email up. No, wait, I had a season-ticket holder friend email it to me so I can maintain credibility on an anonymous message board. Yea, that's it.

Or, more likely, I have been a season ticket holder every year at Heinz except the last 2 years of Chryst and I didn't renew my season tickets earlier because I totally forgot they were due that soon and by the time I realized it, I decided to hold off to see how this virus plays out. As it turned out, fans wont be allowed if there is a season so I will keep my money until we are allowed back for the 2022 season. I know its so hard to believe that someone who spends so much time on a Pitt message board might actually be a season ticket holder and might want to hang onto that $1000 instead of Pitt holding it until 2022.

I don’t think SMF ever planned on buying season tix. He’s a young soccer Dad now which means his Saturdays are spoken for. Frankly I haven’t had season tix for the same reason. I think the motivation of his OP is that he is fixated on doom and gloom and just wanted to put another spin on it to a different audience (this board). Elsewhere on this site, he posts multiple times per day on the issue and openly admitted that he was annoyed at any positive outlook that one has.

I don’t think SMF ever planned on buying season tix. He’s a young soccer Dad now which means his Saturdays are spoken for. Frankly I haven’t had season tix for the same reason. I think the motivation of his OP is that he is fixated on doom and gloom and just wanted to put another spin on it to a different audience (this board). Elsewhere on this site, he posts multiple times per day on the issue and openly admitted that he was annoyed at any positive outlook that one has.
Odd that you're annoyed by his posts, but are silent on the other lunatic poster with 2 identities who is a cheerleader for mass suicide!

OK, you caught me. I made that email up. No, wait, I had a season-ticket holder friend email it to me so I can maintain credibility on an anonymous message board. Yea, that's it.

Or, more likely, I have been a season ticket holder every year at Heinz except the last 2 years of Chryst and I didn't renew my season tickets earlier because I totally forgot they were due that soon and by the time I realized it, I decided to hold off to see how this virus plays out. As it turned out, fans wont be allowed if there is a season so I will keep my money until we are allowed back for the 2022 season. I know its so hard to believe that someone who spends so much time on a Pitt message board might actually be a season ticket holder and might want to hang onto that $1000 instead of Pitt holding it until 2022.

So you missed the renewal discussions on this board, multiple emails reminder from the ticket office regarding season tickets, and the phone calls they were making. Just simply forgot when it was due.

Reactions: PITTLAW
So you missed the renewal discussions on this board, multiple emails reminder from the ticket office regarding season tickets, and the phone calls they were making. Just simply forgot when it was due.

No. I replied to that thread in surprise that it was due so soon and that I totally forgot.

I buy season tickets but couldn't make the UCF, Ohio or Miami games due to soccer. Delaware, I got there close to halftime. I actually made money selling my Miami tickets.

Fine, but my point is why call him out for irresponsible posting and ignore the apostle of ignorance who posts twice as much and a hundred times more harmful BS?
You’re not going to pull me into a political discussion. I’m not sure who you’re referring to here as I must have missed any irresponsible posts. But there’s one irresponsible guy that comes to mind and we’ve all shown more than just annoyance with that mindset and/or behavior.

You’re not going to pull me into a political discussion. I’m not sure who you’re referring to here as I must have missed any irresponsible posts. But there’s one irresponsible guy that comes to mind and we’ve all shown more than just annoyance with that mindset and/or behavior.
Who is pulling who?
"I think the motivation of his OP is that he is fixated on doom and gloom and just wanted to put another spin on it to a different audience (this board). Elsewhere on this site, he posts multiple times per day on the issue and openly admitted that he was annoyed at any positive outlook that one has."

The other poster is BuffetParrothead/PittFamily2.

I sometimes enjoy SMF and his out of the box takes.

But here is the issue. Wasnt the renewal deadline a week or so before everything shut down? I mean, I personally always use my tax refund to pay for tix. I am strange in that I usually file the first weekend in feb and renew tix shortly thereafter.

So back my original point. I think the deadline was first week or so in March. Unless you had foresight earlier than most, I would assume most renewed well before coronavirus. I mean, I have at least half a dozen concert tickets already purchased and while most are getting rescheduled, I purchased them before the coronavirus shutdown.

Now that said, I would not begrudge a single person for not purchasing entertainment expenditures right now with so much uncertainty. Especially for those that are not working.

But my guess is pitt has collected most of the renewals for people that truly had tix last year

The renewal date was like March 4, I believe long before we knew what we were getting into. This is when I renewed. So @Sean Miller Fan 's story is BS in one way or another.

Reactions: PITTLAW
I renewed my football season tickets in a timely manner. Obviously you are not a season ticket holder, as the renewal was due prior to the COVID-19 shut down and panic. If for some reason the country is still in a shut down mode come Labor Day weekend, you will have far more to worry about than Pitt football or public gatherings. I was at the ACC Basketball Tournament when it was shut down, mid-tournament. Pitt and the ACC immediately refunded the total purchase price of the tickets to the games that were not played. Obviously everyone has to do what they believe is in their own and family's best health and economic interest...but following your lead I hope is not what the majority choose. Hail to Pitt!

Bingo!

I'm never upset at SMF. He's the board comic relief. His original post in this thread shows that, where he claimed that the reason he didn't renew his season tickets was because of something that didn't happen until after the season ticket renewal deadline.

"Comic relief" is an accurate way of putting it. As far back as medieval times there were those that would've played that role:

58e74979fa42f7ed1a4971df61bd67a0.jpg

Who is pulling who?
"I think the motivation of his OP is that he is fixated on doom and gloom and just wanted to put another spin on it to a different audience (this board). Elsewhere on this site, he posts multiple times per day on the issue and openly admitted that he was annoyed at any positive outlook that one has."

The other poster is BuffetParrothead/PittFamily2.
I didn’t see Buffets post until just now. Annoyed isn’t a word I’d use. And yes, we’ve all made him well aware of his irresponsible mindset. His post here today was fairly benign.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Yeah, I was going to say this. A person who needed to "renew" their season tickets would have known that the original deadline was March 5, and that at the last minute they extended that by a week because of computer problems. Or in other words, before the shutdown started.

Also it should be pointed out that for anyone who chose to use the payment plan to pay for their tickets, Pitt has pushed back the dates that they are taking the last two payments from April 1 and May 1 into June.

Thanks for the info about them pushing back the payment plan dates. I wasn't aware of that.

In the event that any part of my football season ticket cost is refunded, I will either donate that amount to the football program or increase my PantherClub level equivalently, depending on how I evaluate my tax deduction situation for this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT