ADVERTISEMENT

OCC

I’m curious as to your agenda with your speculation.

Nonetheless, with a team that retained Carr, Stewart, Luther and added Golden, and the JUCO whose name I can’t recall at the moment, I suspect we would be approximately 8-4 or 7-5 at this stage.
On reflection, raising the specter of the old team may have been a mistake. I wanted to point out how bad the OC schedule was and that we really have not beaten anyone of note. Because of that, I have no idea how good we are. I also wanted to point out that we had no early signees and that is a concern to me, saying Stallings would have at least replicated that. I don't know that people would have considered those issues seriously without some provocation. I could have made my point just as easily by using Dambrot and Duquesne as the comp instead of Stallings and his team, saying Duquesne could have done as well against our OC and Duquesne does have an early signing.

You have no concerns that we lost at home to Niagra and struggled mightily against N.Alabama? You don't wonder if our get it to the rim game, will look a lot like in ACC play like it looked versus WVU? You are not concerned with our lack of success in the early signing period and our diminishing number of targets? I think inspite of overall optimism there are a number of things to be concerned about. (Maybe even Colgate tomorrow)

Last edited:
On reflection, raising the specter of the old team may have been a mistake. I wanted to point out how bad the OC schedule was and that we really have not beaten anyone of note. Because of that, I have no idea how good we are. I also wanted to point out that we had no early signees and that is a concern to me, saying Stallings would have at least replicated that. I don't know that people would have considered those issues seriously without some provocation. I could have made my point just as easily by using Dambrot and Duquesne as the comp instead of Stallings and his team, saying Duquesne could have done as well against our OC and Duquesne does have an early signing.

You have no concerns that we lost at home to Niagra and struggled mightily against N.Alabama? You don't wonder if our get it to the rim game, will look a lot like in ACC play like it looked versus WVU? You are not concerned with our lack of success in the early signing period and our diminishing number of targets? I think inspite of overall optimism there are a number of things to be concerned about. (Maybe even Colgate tomorrow)
Maybe “subliminally” you were suggesting something else?;)

This is exactly it. Gary desperately wants to say that we aren't any better off now that we would be if Stallings was still here. But he knows he can't, because deep down inside even he knows how batshit crazy that is.

There are two types of Pitt basketball fans. Ones who know that things are much better now than they were a year ago and ones that are complete, utter morons.
Nah, there really is only one type of Pitt BB fan, at least on this message board. It’s the type that loves to pounce all over other fellow Pitt fans. Who needs rivals and hated opponents to debate with when we have other Pitt fans to rain down on.

Now can we give Gary a break for his somewhat negative post and turn our venom back at Vader for posting positive sounding threads in recruits!! Or we can always start a thread with Dokish’s name in it.

Reactions: Fsgolfdr and gary2
It sounds like Gary hasn't seen this team play in person and realistically compared it to last year's team and how they played. The difference is glaring because of talent level, coaching and attitude. Not much else you can say. He has an agenda and it has no merit.

Reactions: FieldHouse12

Most posters I've read predicted only a couple ACC wins. I don't think anyone is expecting that much this year. They are simply excited about the freshmen's talent, the coaching, and the enthusiasm. They just have a reason finally after the past few years to be enthused over the basketball program.

Why can't that be enough right now?

Most posters I've read predicted only a couple ACC wins. I don't think anyone is expecting that much this year. They are simply excited about the freshmen's talent, the coaching, and the enthusiasm. They just have a reason finally after the past few years to be enthused over the basketball program.

Excellent post. Agree 100%.

Reactions: Drew1208
It sounds like Gary hasn't seen this team play in person and realistically compared it to last year's team and how they played. The difference is glaring because of talent level, coaching and attitude. Not much else you can say. He has an agenda and it has no merit.

No way a Stallings team would have won today.

Coildnt agree more Any success they have the rest of the way is icing on the cake

Last edited:
Absolutely! Anything better than 0-19 will be fine the rest of the way this year. We are still a couple of quality bigs away from being a team that can make it to post-season play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT