ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St - Northwestern

TheSpecialSauce

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
This is going to be a lot closer than people thought. Could the Wildcats pull the big upset?

Sold NW down to 11 points. Felt really good after the first possession.
I thought the first possession was a good result for Northwestern. OSU took a lot of time off the clock and only scored 3. The Wildcats need to make OSU work their way down the field and take time off the clock. Shorten the game and then capitalize when the opportunity presents itself.

Northwestern play calling is keeping OSU in it early. The wild cat which has zero chance to work when OSU puts 8-9 guys in the box and the WR pass has really killed drives.

Northwestern play calling is keeping OSU in it early. The wild cat which has zero chance to work when OSU puts 8-9 guys in the box and the WR pass has really killed drives.
I don’t like them using the Wildcat so much either. Eating up clock makes sense, but OSU’s weakness is their pass defense. They need to exploit it more.

If I’m Jacksonville should I be possibly thinking of the Oregon left tackle over Fields?

Why is Fields this lock to be the second pick?

If I’m Jacksonville should I be possibly thinking of the Oregon left tackle over Fields?

Why is Fields this lock to be the second pick?
Jacksonville is a horribly run franchise. Better chance they take Travis Ettine over the best tackle prospect in years.

Reactions: BFo8
That NW WR running that reverse was pretty stupid. He was going nowhere, if he just would have just stayed on his path, he would have limited it to a 2-3 yard loss. Instead he veers wide and backwards racking on another 5-6 yards to the loss. Turns a reasonably make-able FG into a miss.

I’ve said I don’t have a problem with them getting in as long as they are no higher than 4.

But it really is BS. If Pitt went 5-0 with only good win being over UNC by a TD and then beat NC State in the ACC title game, would we be in the playoffs? That’s basically OSU’s resume.

Coastal Carolina and Cincy both would have beaten the Ohio State team that was on the field today. Without a doubt. Northwestern played like garbage and was still in the game.

After watching Ohio State this season, particularly this game, why again are they handing them a spot in the playoffs for only playing half a season?
I think it’s been inevitable that OSU was going to be in the CFP regardless of the few # of games they would end up playing. They will hopefully get blitzed by Alabama although they may end up playing ND in a 2-3 matchup if they beat Clemson again.

Changing directions a little, what must amazes me are the posters that suggested in the long thread on the demise of Big Ben and the Steelers, that they give away the farm if possible to move up and snatch Justin Fields. I may be wrong but I don’t see the attraction.

Reactions: Mikefln
Changing directions a little, what must amazes me are the posters that suggested in the long thread on the demise of Big Ben and the Steelers, that they give away the farm if possible to move up and snatch Justin Fields. I may be wrong but I don’t see the attraction.

Like every Ohio St QB he is highly overrated as is the whole team. I wouldn't use more than a 4th round pick on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT