ADVERTISEMENT

On twitter...

PerchMan

Scholarship
Dec 4, 2016
Did HC James Franklin, REALLY say this?!?!? :eek:

James Franklin: "I know last year beating us for them was like the Super Bowl. This was just like beating Akron for us."

Wow. I'd have thought the normal, PC, Head Coach-typical-canned-comments would have applied, but wow. A stinging rebuke.

Reactions: Ski

James Franklin: "I know last year beating us for them was like the Super Bowl. This was just like beating Akron for us."

Wow. I'd have thought the normal, PC, Head Coach-typical-canned-comments would have applied, but wow. A stinging rebuke.

If he did and I was playing for any team I would run into the sideline and as Tony Keith sang.. how do you like me know ?
I guess the largest attended game here and there proves.. psu in not unrivaled... he can suck my ass.

Reactions: DevinMegahan
I mean. Let's be honest. If Duzz said something similar y'all would love it.

Dumb coach speak. Who cares?

Exactly. Actually making that comment shows how much he does care. Had they beaten another random P5 opponent no way in hell does he say that.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
If he did and I was playing for any team I would run into the sideline and as Tony Keith sang.. how do you like me know ?
I guess the largest attended game here and there proves.. psu in not unrivaled... he can suck my ass.

It was not a record crowd there. Record is 110K+ vs Nebraska. I heard 7th or 9th largest ever at PSU.

Reactions: Ski
So classless. Most coaches credit the losing team, especially one who basically ran the ball down their throats, outgained them, dominates time of possession, and gave them a competitive game. It certainly wasn't a domination.

He's just sticking to his every game is the Super Bowl for PSU. He's just dopey screw him who cares

Yes he won, so he can say what he wants, or even do what he wants

Perfect example of Pedo State mentality.

Thus..... Your "esteemed" former DC soitting in jail and years of coverup.....because winning

Personally, I don't care what he says. It doesn't mean anything and I wouldn't feel differently if gave Pitt any credit. He should credit Pitt for making it an easy game for his team by taking stupid penalties, turning the ball over, and dropping a half dozen passes.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
It was not a record crowd there. Record is 110K+ vs Nebraska. I heard 7th or 9th largest ever at PSU.

So that's a big crowd for a big game. Why get into a pissing contest. Good luck the rest of the year. I to admit though your QB is kinda annoying and will let you down a time or two this year.

I mean. Let's be honest. If Duzz said something similar y'all would love it.

Dumb coach speak. Who cares?

I disagree, I think Pitt fans on here, majority of them, are independent minded enough to see the douchebaggery if that came from Nards mouth after beating someone. Karma is a bitch ya know.

Yes, did he? Do you have a source for the quote?

So classless. Most coaches credit the losing team, especially one who basically ran the ball down their throats, outgained them, dominates time of possession, and gave them a competitive game. It certainly wasn't a domination.

The stat that matters the most is kept on the scoreboard!

Reactions: DevinMegahan
I lived in Central Pa for over 30 years before moving back to Pittsburgh.

Any nitter that says the PITT game is just like any other game is a liar. I typically wore Pitt gear while living in the Harrisburg. These happy valley jugheads were so predictable. They couldn't help themselves ranging from their nasty comments to confronting me.

Reactions: PerchMan
Drunk Tony needs to go play switch for awhile

Put one thumb in his mouth the other up his arse... every 30 seconds...switch

The stat that matters the most is kept on the scoreboard!
Correct. We all know that, but any PSU fan with common sense will admit that, even though they predicted a massacre, the game was competitive, and without a few Pitt mistakes would have been a close game. Last year, all we heard was how a dropped pass would have beat Pitt, and all the injuries contributed. Pitt ran the ball at will last year, and ran it well this year. There was no domination whatsoever, despite the injuries, and suspensions that could have contributed on Pitt's side. PSU is a great team, but they refuse to give Pitt credit. This is a great series for PA football, and both teams are deserving of credit.

I will give Pitt a lot of credit. Narduzzi's game plan was solid. The key was to not get behind. The interception and McSorley's run on the next drive basically made a hill that was to hard to overcome with the game plan. After that PSU only needed to hit one or two big plays the rest of the game. Pitt will be fine. Miami may be the only team in the ACC coastal that might be out of your reach.

As for the Franklin comment, he has lived and died with the every game is the most important game. If you listen to the entire press conference, you will probably still be angry but that is what he means. He will say Georgia State 50 times this week. It is coach speak, but I believe it is a smart approach to avoiding let-downs. Narduzzi getting key-chains actually is as much a credit to PSU as Pitt. I think it is the wrong approach to build one game up too much.

Franklin "said" everything that he needed to say about how he felt about the game when he called timeout on defense with three minutes to go in the game after we put our backup quarterback in. He desperately wanted to get the ball back one more times so that they could score again. Does anyone think he does that against Akron? Georgia State?

Actions speak louder than words. Franklin's words are meaningless, his actions showed what he really thinks about Pitt.

Reactions: BFo8
Franklin "said" everything that he needed to say about how he felt about the game when he called timeout on defense with three minutes to go in the game after we put our backup quarterback in. He desperately wanted to get the ball back one more times so that they could score again. Does anyone think he does that against Akron? Georgia State?

Actions speak louder than words. Franklin's words are meaningless, his actions showed what he really thinks about Pitt.

I have no idea why he called that timeout so I can't comment or speculate like you did. He was asked about that time out but his answer didn't make sense because I think he thought the reporter was asking about the first half with the answer he gave. He was also asked if beating Pitt was important for recruiting. His response was no. I understand why you think the way you do, but his actions and words have been the same since he has been at PSU. I am sure he knows Pitt is a bigger win than Akron, but that wasn't his point.

I have no idea why he called that timeout so I can't comment or speculate like you did.

Do you have at least half a brain? If so, then you'd know why he called the timeout. The fact that when he was asked about it he apparently pretended to not know what he was being asked about ought to seal it for you if you only have a third of a brain.

If this was truthful, that's just good coaching. It's not hard to see right through this guy. He was the one acting like it was the super bowl going nuts after the first TD.

Honestly I don't even think I believe narduzzi about their relationship. Regardless of what they think about the pitt/psu rivalry, there's a rivalry between the coaches now. They do not like each other.

If this was truthful, that's just good coaching. It's not hard to see right through this guy. He was the one acting like it was the super bowl going nuts after the first TD.

Honestly I don't even think I believe narduzzi about their relationship. Regardless of what they think about the pitt/psu rivalry, there's a rivalry between the coaches now. They do not like each other.

Correct, his statements show how much this game meant to Franklin. As I mentioned before if they beat any other middling P5 team like Pitt no way does he say that stuff.

Reactions: Pittx9
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT