ADVERTISEMENT

On twitter...

If this was truthful, that's just good coaching. It's not hard to see right through this guy. He was the one acting like it was the super bowl going nuts after the first TD.

Honestly I don't even think I believe narduzzi about their relationship. Regardless of what they think about the pitt/psu rivalry, there's a rivalry between the coaches now. They do not like each other.

Agree on that they don't like each other. There has been a lot of talk at PSU of negative recruiting by Narduzzi (no clue if true). If the rivalry was important to Franklin, he would ask to keep Pitt on the schedule. Win their future schedules picking up Auburn for home/away, Va Tech for home/away, and WVU for home/away, playing Pitt is not his radar.

Joe, sorry the question and answer didn't jive with me. I am sure he doesn't like Narduzzi with the comments and key-chain stuff. He ran up the score on MSU last year in my opinion. That does not mean he considers them a rival. I am sure he would have loved to win by 50 today. I came here to compliment Pitt in my first post. I was impressed with their performance today and wish you guys luck. I did not come here to troll or gloat. Win the rest. I am out.

It was not a record crowd there. Record is 110K+ vs Nebraska. I heard 7th or 9th largest ever at PSU.

It was the largest since 2009. Really nice crowd on a gorgeous day.
I was surprised at the lack of pitt fans. There were more pitt fans there
in '99.
Your teams not half bad, you should support them more.
Hope all the pitt fans that were there had a good time.

Reactions: ISAYJAYPA
So classless. Most coaches credit the losing team, especially one who basically ran the ball down their throats, outgained them, dominates time of possession, and gave them a competitive game. It certainly wasn't a domination.

LOL, maybe he can make t-shirts and key chains.

Reactions: sdnp
Agree on that they don't like each other. There has been a lot of talk at PSU of negative recruiting by Narduzzi (no clue if true). If the rivalry was important to Franklin, he would ask to keep Pitt on the schedule. Win their future schedules picking up Auburn for home/away, Va Tech for home/away, and WVU for home/away, playing Pitt is not his radar.

Joe, sorry the question and answer didn't jive with me. I am sure he doesn't like Narduzzi with the comments and key-chain stuff. He ran up the score on MSU last year in my opinion. That does not mean he considers them a rival. I am sure he would have loved to win by 50 today. I came here to compliment Pitt in my first post. I was impressed with their performance today and wish you guys luck. I did not come here to troll or gloat. Win the rest. I am out.
Big mouth Frankie knows to do and say ......what The Joebots want him to do and say.

2017 says hello.

And Pitt will say hello and good bye in 2018 and 2019. The difference between this year's teans is simply, Barkley. He will be gone after this year and the PSU still has not shown any confidence in any other back to take some of the load of SB Nice win and Congrats this year, but Pitt will win the next two of this series.

Did HC James Franklin, REALLY say this?!?!? :eek:

James Franklin: "I know last year beating us for them was like the Super Bowl. This was just like beating Akron for us."

Wow. I'd have thought the normal, PC, Head Coach-typical-canned-comments would have applied, but wow. A stinging rebuke.

Why would any Pitt NOT like this statement? Its the statement that signifies that he views this as a rivalry. Statements like that make rivalries great.

Franklin "said" everything that he needed to say about how he felt about the game when he called timeout on defense with three minutes to go in the game after we put our backup quarterback in. He desperately wanted to get the ball back one more times so that they could score again. Does anyone think he does that against Akron? Georgia State?

Actions speak louder than words. Franklin's words are meaningless, his actions showed what he really thinks about Pitt.

He hates PITT like I hate nitterville.

And Pitt will say hello and good bye in 2018 and 2019. The difference between this year's teans is simply, Barkley. He will be gone after this year and the PSU still has not shown any confidence in any other back to take some of the load of SB Nice win and Congrats this year, but Pitt will win the next two of this series.

If you say so but then as they say thats why they play the games.
And as an aside you do understand the concept of graduation and players leaving right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT