ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon vs. Washington

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
Just realized this game is on tonight. Should be a good game. I think Oregon has been improving while Washington hasn't been playing as well as they were earlier in the season. Will be a good game to watch. Winner is in and loser is out, I think.

oregon for the win thus creating more intrigue for the final 4 selection team.

Let’s say FSU and Michigan win while Georgia and Washington lose. Could you imagine a scenario where Bama, Oregon, Texas, Georgia, and Washington are all 12-1? Wild.

Personally I’d take Bama and Texas, but I think it’d be Bama and Oregon that make it.

And they're advertising for donations for the Jimmy V foundation.
No money left after "donating" for NIL.
Seriously, Alliance 412 should be advertising here. Show some kid with cancer and give a sad story. Then size 2 font at the bottom says all proceeds go to getting a QB from the portal.

I'm surprised that Oregon came back.
Penix plays way out of control. He moves immediately and throws off balance most throws. But his arm strength is off the chart. Like throwing a dart. He's going to turn it over again soon.

I can’t say I watch a majority of the big collage FB games during the season, but have been able to watch both of these Wash-Oregon games. I thought they were both excellent (still 1:48 to go in this 2nd one).

I was rooting for Washington, was impressed with them after the 1st matchup and thought they’d win again tonight. Looking good right now.

Washington has some playmakers on both sides of the ball. I really like their RB and WR.

Reactions: HailtoPitt
Herbstreit is a moron to keep harping on how brilliant it was for Washington to throw the ball on that 3rd and 4. There was literally no decision at all, they had to have the first down there. If they run up the middle and punt it back Oregon gets the ball back with plenty of time only needing 3. The timeout at that point meant way less than the first down.

Also had I been Lanning I would’ve declined that late holding penalty even if it would’ve meant a 2nd and 3 or so for Washington. The down was so important a that point time wise that they just couldn’t afford to give it up. Even if Oregon stops them there there would’ve only been a few seconds left, they needed to decline to have a realistic shot at a tying FG.

Herbstreit is a moron to keep harping on how brilliant it was for Washington to throw the ball on that 3rd and 4. There was literally no decision at all, they had to have the first down there. If they run up the middle and punt it back Oregon gets the ball back with plenty of time only needing 3. The timeout at that point meant way less than the first down.

Also had I been Lanning I would’ve declined that late holding penalty even if it would’ve meant a 2nd and 3 or so for Washington. The down was so important a that point time wise that they just couldn’t afford to give it up. Even if Oregon stops them there there would’ve only been a few seconds left, they needed to decline to have a realistic shot at a tying FG.

What would our coach have done?

Washington reminds me of Pitt and what we should have been playing for 2 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT