ADVERTISEMENT

OT: any new series worth watching?

Thank me later. Three episode documentary — “Don’t F***K With Cats”. It’s on Netflix. Incredible story with an ending that ...
I first learned about this guy listening to a podcast called sword and scale. This guy was one sick bastard. If you want to get the in depth details, check out the sword and scale podcast on him. They don’t hold anything back, it’s as open as the gruesome acts committed. The podcast series really is tough to listen to. Especially the 911 calls, the crime details, and interviews.

Lillyhammer, Funny and how does Van Zandt get enough time from touring to act. Just watched Messiah, interesting.

I second the Last Kingdom. I think better than Vikings, because after Ragnar dies and focus is on Ivar and brothers, things went down hill. The Ivar actor never ages and he still seems like he’s 18 after time jumps.

Ok.

Out there recommendation.

The Castlevania cartoon on Netflix is actually really, really entertaining.

Agreed. I really liked the Castlevania cartoon. I'm not a huge anime fan but I have gotten into some of the more popular series like Castlevania and Cowboy Bebop.

The world is dark and interesting and they even pulled some music from the NES/SNES games. Plus it's pretty funny. Both seasons are just a few hours total.

Watched the first two episodes of Fleabag last night. I am... not the demographic for that show.

Reactions: BurghGuy68
I just started watching Messiah. Not far enough along yet to conclude anything. Anyone else try watching it?

My wife and I binged Barry this week. Cant recommend it enough. If you like violence set in a comedy (in the vein of shows like the Sopranos) this show is an easy binge.

Disappointed in ‘You.’ It’s turned into a darker Sex in the City for millennials. Should have known, the person who recommended it to me is a chick at work in her mid 20s.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikefln
Disappointed in ‘You.’ It’s turned into a darker Sex in the City for millennials. Should have known, the person who recommended it to me is a chick at work in her mid 20s.
I’m 45, married and have kids and I enjoyed it greatly :)

I’m with you, I was surprised by the number of posters on here that said it was really good. I stuck it out for the full 2 seasons although I thought it became a little old and predictable about 2/3 thru the first season.

I’m 45, married and have kids and I enjoyed it greatly :)
I’m in a lull. Episode 3. In the mind of a New York millennial wannabe socialite. The whole dark stalker thing almost seems like a forced character so it can call itself more than a “chick show.”

It’s seriously 21st version of sex in the city with a darker twist. Girl who works 10 hours a week has great apt and drinks in bars every night with girlfriends and talks about such topics as getting laid on tinder.

Everyone is mid 20s, no one works but everyone has money and gets laid every night by someone different and the “deep” characters have to dive into such tough issues like what kind of shoes are they going to wear on their date.

I’m in a lull. Episode 3. In the mind of a New York millennial wannabe socialite. The whole dark stalker thing almost seems like a forced character so it can call itself more than a “chick show.”

It’s seriously 21st version of sex in the city with a darker twist. Girl who works 10 hours a week has great apt and drinks in bars every night with girlfriends and talks about such topics as getting laid on tinder.

Everyone is mid 20s, no one works but everyone has money and gets laid every night by someone different and the “deep” characters have to dive into such tough issues like what kind of shoes are they going to wear on their date.
So-
It’s Friends?

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
So-
It’s Friends?
For some weird reason, I never liked friends. Too cheesy for me. Not sure I get your comparison. Maybe. Just don’t have the mental capacity to try.

the ridiculous socialite thing struck me though with this show. Everyone has ridiculous apt in NYC despite being 23 years old and unemployed yet they go out for 20 dollar martinis every night and contemplate their sex life.

It’s really a chick show with a forced dark violent character to try and get a straight guy to watch.

I finished You. Way way way to much like Dexter. I know this was based on a book, but the producers and directors of the series made this feel too much like Dexter, only difference is a guy obsessed with women. Dexter was a stalker also, just obsessed with bad guys.

Wife loved it I hated it. She hated it when I was in the room when she was watching it. To me it was like he put on a hat and he felt invisible. No jackass everyone can still see you and cameras would have caught you a million times.

Reactions: NCanton Panther
My wife has been watching The Magicians on SciFi. It's several seasons in so not new. Not really my cup of tea but I do catch it from time to time and it seems pretty good.

So like no one is interested in the Outsider? HBO usually does things pretty well.

It hasn't aired yet. It is getting good reviews. I read the book and enjoyed it. King is my favorite writer ever. I think this should be a solid series. The only criticism I saw is the length of the series which I believe is 10 which most said could be done in a few shorter

Wife loved it I hated it. She hated it when I was in the room when she was watching it. To me it was like he put on a hat and he felt invisible. No jackass everyone can still see you and cameras would have caught you a million times.
It’s a show for chicks who think guys will like it too, but they won’t.

My wife and I binged Barry this week. Cant recommend it enough. If you like violence set in a comedy (in the vein of shows like the Sopranos) this show is an easy binge.

I loved season 1. Best TV I’ve seen in a long time. Season 2 was a little disappointing though. Maybe I was expecting too much. Still well worth watching.

No one recommends Big Mouth on Netflix? Best cartoon since The Simpsons. And very inappropriate. Also loved End of the F’n World. Still finishing season 2 of Succession on HBO. Love it.

I loved season 1. Best TV I’ve seen in a long time. Season 2 was a little disappointing though. Maybe I was expecting too much. Still well worth watching.

Agree. Not quite as strong in the 2nd half of season 2 but we really enjoyed it. The Fonz is great.

I first learned about this guy listening to a podcast called sword and scale. This guy was one sick bastard. If you want to get the in depth details, check out the sword and scale podcast on him. They don’t hold anything back, it’s as open as the gruesome acts committed. The podcast series really is tough to listen to. Especially the 911 calls, the crime details, and interviews.
I’ll check this out I’ve listened to a lot of sword and scale podcasts but missed this one somehow?

I’ll check this out I’ve listened to a lot of sword and scale podcasts but missed this one somehow?
Sword and scale is really dark and really wide open. The 911 calls he uses are absolutely frightening, sad, sadistic, and truly remind us just awful people are and how vulnerable people are.

Reactions: DruidTM
No one liked Lost in Space?
Danger Will Robinson!

Watched... not bad. Kind of liked it. Not quite the same as the TV show! Mom is hot!

If anybody likes history... watch Turn. based upon a true story of a spy ring during the Revolution. Very historically accurate.

Anybody catch the first two episodes of the Outsiders last night??? I think anyone who liked True Detective, the 1st season, would like it.

Really dark. But it was well done IMO. I know something at least interests me when I look up at the clock and realized 45 minutes have passed and I didn't even realize it because I was so engrossed.

Reactions: JSSTartan
Anybody catch the first two episodes of the Outsiders last night??? I think anyone who liked True Detective, the 1st season, would like it.

Really dark. But it was well done IMO. I know something at least interests me when I look up at the clock and realized 45 minutes have passed and I didn't even realize it because I was so engrossed.

I’m definitely intrigued by where this story is headed. The main cop is the druggy brother from Bloodline (a decent show in and of itself).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT