ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Sports Line From a Movie

If it wasn’t for my father, I wouldn’t be where I am today!” - Jimmy Piersall - Fear Strikes Out

Last edited:
Reactions: HOF Coach
“Mama said alligators are ornery because they got all of them teeth but no toothbrush.”

Reactions: HOF Coach
“You gotta always protect the McNuggets.” - Cheeseburger Eddie (The Longest Yard)

"Time Out!"

- Dirty Dixoning

"I don't care what the analytics say; we're kicking to Gilyard!"

- Wolf of Wannstedt

"Zzzzzzzz, at least we didn't pay our players a hundred grand, zzzzzzz."

- Stallings and the City

"Go, go, go... faster!"

- 21 Grahams

"Madison, here I come!"

- The Passion of Chryst

And then a few more that I probably shouldn't share on this board. Anyway, these are all indie films.

I can't believe a certain poster here hasn't put this one out there yet:

"A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I’m a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald… striking. So, I’m on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one – big hitter, the Lama – long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga… gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he’s gonna stiff me. And I say, “Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won’t be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.” So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice."

That movie has about a dozen that could be on any list like this.
Ha, you got me. I never made it to this thread. Tons of good ones.

"What an incredible Cinderella story. This unknown comes outta nowhere to lead the pack at Augusta. He’s at the final hole. He’s about 455 yards away, he’s gonna hit about a two iron, I think …"

“Remember Danny: two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.”

"Well, the world need ditch diggers, too.”

"Don't sell yourself short Judge, you’re a tremendous slouch."

"The last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it."

"Hit em with your purse, ya pussy!" ....Slapshot
Suzanne sucks pussy!

You know, your son looks like a fag to me. You better get married again, 'cause he's gonna wind up with somebody's cock in his mouth before you can say "Jack Robinson".

Reactions: USN_Panther
Wow. Norman Bates in the Fenway outfield. Disturbing flick for a young baseball fan.

To me, it’s the best non-humorous line in any sports film.

For those who never saw the film, Piersall utters that line while in a mental hospital speaking to his psychiatrist...

To me, it’s the best non-humorous line in any sports film.

For those who never saw the film, Piersall utters that line while in a mental hospital speaking to his psychiatrist...
My older brother was a Bosox fan (in Philly??), took me to see that. I didn't get it fully then, but his Dad was scary. He also took me to my first ballgame....Boston vs. Connie Mack's hapless A's in Schibe Park. Ted Williams hit a colossal homer in the top of the first.

Reactions: pittmeister
I like the new Mets uniforms.

EyYap3DXMAEjlco

"No Raffi - NO MORE SLAPASS!" I know, I know..but I couldn't resist.

“You’re gonna need a bigger boat”

Fishing is a sport....right?

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese." Coach Finstock

Reactions: caleco's and TFBaum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT