ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fergie singing the national anthem

In this case, words are very, unnecessary, they can only do harm...
I never thought I'd equate the Star Spangled Banner with Santa Baby, but I guess there's a first time for everything...

In this case, words are very, unnecessary, they can only do harm...
I never thought I'd equate the Star Spangled Banner with Santa Baby, but I guess there's a first time for everything...

Ok I grabbed the Depeche Mode reference. Well done lol

Reactions: cliff777
The fact that she can actually sing covered up a little bit for what an awful rendition of the anthem that it was. It was still one of the worst anthems of all time.

It wasn't that bad.
other than being in the top 3 worst renditions ever, it was actually not that bad...along those lines, why in the hell do these folks have to make it about themselves? for the most part every high school quartett or soloist I have ever heard at games do a much better job than these self centered jagoffs..

Reactions: pittiswhereiamfrom2
Conversely, we have Marvin Gaye, and the crowd responds with rhythmic clapping in appreciation...

Reactions: BigZeke
The Marvin Gaye national anthem is still an incredible rendition I listen to every once in a while, which I can't really say about other versions of the song, no matter how well done they are.

Reactions: HOF Coach
I had to Google it to find out what event she sang for. I didn't know if it was the Daytona 500, NBA whatever, or some other event that I don't follow.

ain't that peculiar.... but only because a 42 minute rendition would delay the horror that is an NBA all star game...

All All-Star games are bad. But I'd argue that the NBA is by far the most entertaining.

The Marvin Gaye national anthem is still an incredible rendition I listen to every once in a while, which I can't really say about other versions of the song, no matter how well done they are.
oh man, there was a cool Nike Commercial before the Olympics years ago, they were promoting the USA basketball team and they used that marvin gaye rendition. It was an awesome commercial, if you look past the whole nike hypocrisy thing.

The fact that she can actually sing covered up a little bit for what an awful rendition of the anthem that it was. It was still one of the worst anthems of all time.

Her voice sounded awful. Screechy, bad, just someone that never hears actual criticism from her peers, just yes people with their hands out for money. I feel like 5% bad for her, especially at all the players visibly laughing at the rendition.

It was a train wreck

I wonder if a famous Canadian singer would attempt to butcher OH CANADA at a sporting event just to be different. You know, like wow, I just wanted to jazz it up a little

What a joke

I thought she had a good voice. was she sick or messing around? at least she didn't pee her pants. actually, to be honest, I found that pretty cool but I will openly admit, im a sick sick person.

Reactions: BGNO
other than being in the top 3 worst renditions ever, it was actually not that bad...along those lines, why in the hell do these folks have to make it about themselves? for the most part every high school quartett or soloist I have ever heard at games do a much better job than these self centered jagoffs..

I feel you, but what can you do? People are people.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainMurphy
All All-Star games are bad. But I'd argue that the NBA is by far the most entertaining.
I think the NHL’s format is by far the most entertaining of all the major ASGs. They’re actually legitimately competing against each other. I would rank baseball second and the NBA third. The NFL is it distant fourth in that regard.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I think the NHL’s format is by far the most entertaining of all the major ASGs. They’re actually legitimately competing against each other. I would rank baseball second and the NBA third. The NFL is it distant fourth in that regard.

I take slight exception to this list as one cannot overlook the PBA and it's incredible trick shots of bowling around chairs, over obstacles, and even blindfolded...all in hopes of achieving higher ratings than the golden girls reruns on lifetime, espn2 bass master classic from 2012, and vh1 classic pop up videos.

Reactions: Swervin27
She's a joke, the NBA All Star game is a joke, so it was a great combo!

It's fine with me that she opened herself up to a career "tester."

It's also fine with me that she's a joke and is now viewed as a partner with the NBA.

I just waiting for the NBA to wade into the same tarpit that the NFL did and they will!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

It's also fine with me that she's a joke and is now viewed as a partner with the NBA.

I just waiting for the NBA to wade into the same tarpit that the NFL did and they will!

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last nights all star game was very entertaining and played at a very high level. The NBA is in a very good place right now and will continue to be for the unforeseeable future.

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Someone doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Hint: It’s you.

Reactions: _fugazi_
These triggered conservative snowflakes that immediately call for boycotts if some athlete disagrees with them is amazing.

What was a fun topic on Fergie butchering the national anthem now turned into the NBA better stay in its lane talk

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
These triggered conservative snowflakes that immediately call for boycotts if some athlete disagrees with them is amazing.

What was a fun topic on Fergie butchering the national anthem now turned into the NBA better stay in its lane talk

Some of these folks would be shocked by what they saw if they bothered to turn on a NBA game.

Just stand up, put your hand on your heart and honor the damn the flag.

The NBA doesn’t cater to grumpy old white men. It will be just fine

Go PITT & CSU Rams!
The tarpit that nascar and the nhl fell into?
And ncaa sports,too?

If rather give Carl Lewis another run at it than hear Fergie's take again. She sounded like a drunken, cut rate lounge singer at 4am on a gig night.

Her voice sounded awful. Screechy, bad, just someone that never hears actual criticism from her peers, just yes people with their hands out for money. I feel like 5% bad for her, especially at all the players visibly laughing at the rendition.

It was a train wreck
Idk that I've ever seen athletes so visibly in laughter over the anthem singer... and nobody is even calling them out for being disrespectful. It was really that bad.

This was done on purpose. You can’t tell me she’s this horrible of a singer. Think about it, when’s last time she was relevant? When’s last time anyone talked about fergie?

Now people are saying her name. No risk, we live in a country with zero national pride so no one Will be too upset about this. There are public schools in California who refrain from pledge of allegiance because they consider it offensive.

Last nights all star game was very entertaining and played at a very high level. The NBA is in a very good place right now and will continue to be for the unforeseeable future.
yep, love those 50 games where they mail it in.It is as it has always been, 3.5 quarters of lame boredom followed by a less than lame ending at times. The NBA is in a better position now in that it appears ESPN has sold their souls along with the entire 6pm sportscenter hour to them...How many LeBron, Curry, Warriors, Cavs , Popovich words of perpetual wisdom stories can there be?

I thought it was horrible but I don't get all the hate. I don't think she meant any disrespect. She's an artist who was trying to put her own stamp on the song and make it beautiful in her own way. I don't mind musicians doing that. I think the Jimi Hendrix version from Woodstock was very controversial at the time but is now seen as a classic in the best sense. Sorry. At worst, I can only laugh it off as some of those players did.

Reactions: FallingRun84
ADVERTISEMENT