ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gerrit Cole

Here is the Josh Harrison update.

20th of 22 qualified players in WAR
20th of 22 qualified players in OBP
22nd of 22 qualified players in wRC+

He must be on a hot streak as his OBP is up from 22nd of 22 now.

Reactions: paulbl99 and Jim Z
You didn't answer the question. No surprise... If the 14 teams that were still in contention after the trade deadline fire their GM's????

If the Oirates made it to the series like the Mets did and didn't win the World Series, you'd be ripping NH for not doing enough to win the World Series...

Go get a job and STFU.... You have NO CREDIBILITY....

Why would teams that won their divisions and the pennant and playoff series fire their GM?

And who ever said to fire Neal Huntington?

No shit. Does that mean NEAL! should've dumped him for nothing?

Why did he trade him for garbage instead of playing the year out with him? Then if Neil didn't want to re-sign, bid him farewell at the end of the year, just like I said. That would've been the smart thing to do.

You are acting like they had no choice but to trade him.

Still fighting mental health????

There was no huge market for Walker because he had only one year on his contract. Small markets would not consider giving the Pirates a real good player for only one season. So NH was limited to bigger market teams that had the opportunity to sign him after this year...

His boss encourage NH to make the trade to stay in budget beyond 2016 if he wanted to sign Polanco and other young players they anticipated signing in the near future...

I hope that helps educating you, dunce...

Yes, by two games AND a higher payroll. Please spew this nonsense to some national baseball writers and see what they tell you.... They probably call the men in the white suits to pick you up before you endanger yourselves and others....

BTW... Should the 14 teams that were still in contention after the trade deadline last fire their GM's???

We're waiting slappy...

Two games isn't very much. Upgrading from throwing Locke and Morton out there 33% of the time would've closed that gap. That isn't on the players, that's on the GM.

Why would teams that won their divisions and the pennant and playoff series fire their GM?

And who ever said to fire Neal Huntington?

Gee a***hole, not all of those 14 teams made the playoffs Beavis... So should their GM's be fired???? NH's team made the playoffs but you want to run him out of town. You again are talking out of both sides of your mouth....

Still fighting mental health????

There was no huge market for Walker because he had only one year on his contract. Small markets would not consider giving the Pirates a real good player for only one season. So NH was limited to bigger market teams that had the opportunity to sign him after this year...

His boss encourage NH to make the trade to stay in budget beyond 2016 if he wanted to sign Polanco and other young players they anticipated signing in the near future...

I hope that helps educating you, dunce...

Trading him for Niese did nothing for the budget in 2016 or beyond. They made the same amount of money.

If there wasn't a huge market for him, keep him and have one of the best 2B in the NL on your team.

Please, tell us again how trading a guy making $10m in 2016 for a guy making $10m in 2016 and nothing guaranteed in the future helped them stay on budget.

If they wanted to dump a contract to free up future cash, they should've dumped Josh Harrison.

Reactions: paulbl99
Gee a***hole, not all of those 14 teams made the playoffs Beavis... So should their GM's be fired???? NH's team made the playoffs but you want to run him out of town. You again are talking out of both sides of your mouth....

I never said anything about running him out of town, I'm just not sucking his balls like the rest of you Nancy's are.

The guy hasn't won anything and people are throwing crap around like he's the best asset this team has and one of the best GMs in baseball. That's ridiculous.

Two games isn't very much. Upgrading from throwing Locke and Morton out there 33% of the time would've closed that gap. That isn't on the players, that's on the GM.

LOL! If anything, you are humorous!!!

The Mets were only 3 games away from winning the World Series. They should have upgraded more! The Anerican League wild card loser should blame their GM as well, right???

This is truely a forum to display your stupidity!!!

Trading him for Niese did nothing for the budget in 2016 or beyond. They made the same amount of money.

If there wasn't a huge market for him, keep him and have one of the best 2B in the NL on your team.

Please, tell us again how trading a guy making $10m in 2016 for a guy making $10m in 2016 and nothing guaranteed in the future helped them stay on budget.

If they wanted to dump a contract to free up future cash, they should've dumped Josh Harrison.

They made the same money this year you stupid f+ck! Next year he is going to make more money than Niese can wish for!!!

STFU you stupid ass!

LOL! If anything, you are humorous!!!

The Mets were only 3 games away from winning the World Series. They should have upgraded more! The Anerican League wild card loser should blame their GM as well, right???

This is truely a forum to display your stupidity!!!

If you think winning the pennant but losing in the World Series is the same thing as finishing two games back in your division and losing the wild card, then you truly are a fool.

And I can guarantee you that Yankees fans are upset the finished in second and lost the wild card game at home. Guaranteed.

They made the same money this year you stupid f+ck! Next year he is going to make more money than Niese can wish for!!!

STFU you stupid ass!

Doesn't mean the Pirates had to be the one paying him.

Let him play out his contract this year, sign him if you can, if not, let him walk in free agency.

The way it played out was much better, right? They had to pay Niese $10m to suck for four months.

If you think winning the pennant but losing in the World Series is the same thing as finishing two games back in your division and losing the wild card, then you truly are a fool.

And I can guarantee you that Yankees fans are upset the finished in second and lost the wild card game at home. Guaranteed.

Did they win the World Series? That is the ultimate goal. Would you be happy finishing second???? If you do then that's what you deserve, right???? Isn't that what you've been saying????? Contradictory as usual...

LOL your a pathetic moron.... Ge

Did they win the World Series? That is the ultimate goal. Would you be happy finishing second???? If you do then that's what you deserve, right???? Isn't that what you've been saying????? Contradictory as usual...

No I said win something. Division, series, pennant, title, anything. I'd be thrilled with a pennant. I don't know anyone that would complain about winning the pennant even if they lost the world series.

The irony of two guys who kiss so much NH ass that they can't see the awful crap he has done blocking me because I won't validate their worship of NH is not lost on me. Yeah, I've been owned because one nitwit wants to trade Gerrit Cole and makes every excuse for NEAL including the hilarious Neal doesn't get to pick his division!, and the other nitwit is blaming the star players because NH went over half the season with Locke, Niese, and Nicasio.

Only in Pirateland do people like this exist.

I love how Pirates fans toss out PED accusations anytime a player realizes his potential.

The guy was a Rule V pick that went straight from A Ball to the majors, thats why he couldn't stick. I can't tell if you are serious about this or willfully ignorant, but if you follow the Pirates (and baseball in general) even marginally, you would know this. This whole fiasco hampered his development and was what caused the slow start to his career. The talent was always there, that is why teams wanted to give him a shot. That would've been like pulling Austin Meadows up last year, he wouldn't stick and it would've hurt his development.

At any rate, Bautista was an everyday player that should've kept the 3B position. It was an egregious failure in terms of talent evaluation to get rid of him for nothing to play a truly awful player at 3B ahead of him.

You don't trade a guy who walks 10% of the time, strikes out less than 20% of the time, and flashed power (15+ HR, .160+ ISO 3 straight years) for a backup catcher. Even if he never did breakout, that's a god awful trade. The fact that NH couldn't evaluate the talent he had makes it worse (compounded by choose LaRoche ahead of him).

Bautista didn't put up three consecutive seasons of negative WAR when he was 22, 23 and 24 or something like that. He did it when he was 25, 26 and 27. I'll put it in terms that you seem to be able to understand. You've railed on Josh Harrison over and over again. Harrison's last three seasons, his 26, 27 and 28 year old seasons, he put up 5.3, 1.8 and so far this year, 1.2. This year, the worst of the three, is much better than Bautista's best, -0.1. If the Pirates traded Josh Harrison right now and two years from now he suddenly has a great season what would your response be?

Of course we all know what it would be, you'd either ignore it or pretend that you called it all along and say that the Pirates were idiots for letting a guy like that go. Just like last year the Pirates trading for JA Happ was proof that Neil Huntingdon sucked and didn't know what he was doing, and then three months later not signing JA Happ to a long term big money deal was proof that Neil Huntingdon sucks and doesn't know what he's doing. Because that's what you do.

Bautista didn't put up three consecutive seasons of negative WAR when he was 22, 23 and 24 or something like that. He did it when he was 25, 26 and 27. I'll put it in terms that you seem to be able to understand. You've railed on Josh Harrison over and over again. Harrison's last three seasons, his 26, 27 and 28 year old seasons, he put up 5.3, 1.8 and so far this year, 1.2. This year, the worst of the three, is much better than Bautista's best, -0.1. If the Pirates traded Josh Harrison right now and two years from now he suddenly has a great season what would your response be?

Of course we all know what it would be, you'd either ignore it or pretend that you called it all along and say that the Pirates were idiots for letting a guy like that go. Just like last year the Pirates trading for JA Happ was proof that Neil Huntingdon sucked and didn't know what he was doing, and then three months later not signing JA Happ to a long term big money deal was proof that Neil Huntingdon sucks and doesn't know what he's doing. Because that's what you do.

I don't think many people said anything about Happ. They needed a starter as Burnett was put on the DL the day of the deadline. It would've been nice to get another to get Locke/Morton out of the rotation though.

And Bautista didn't put up three consecutive negative WAR seasons, he had one, in 2006, that was largely driven by his negative defensive value by being put out of position in CF.

You don't trade guys with 10% walk rate, less than 20% strikeout rate, and 15+ HR three straight years for a backup AAA catcher. And to not recognize the talent that Bautista had, realized just a short time later with a simple coaching adjustment (leg kick for timing), is a collosal failure. There is no other way to put it.

If the Pirates traded Josh Harrison for a guy who had no chance of ever being a regular in the majors, it would be an awful trade.

And Bautista didn't put up three consecutive negative WAR seasons, he had one, in 2006, that was largely driven by his negative defensive value by being put out of position in CF.

That is simply, factually incorrect. As usual.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bautijo02.shtml

2006: -1.1
2007: -0.6
2008: -0.1

And really, I could have extended it back further because he was also a negative player in 2005 (-0.3) and 2004 (-1.0) as well but he didn't play enough for it to matter much. And his negative defensive WAR wasn't only because he played some in center field. He was a negative defender in 2008 before he got traded, and he didn't play one game in the outfield or anyplace other than third base for the Pirates in 2008. He was also a negative at third base in 2007 and 2006. So once again, you and the facts, complete strangers.

Mic drop!

That is simply, factually incorrect. As usual.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/b/bautijo02.shtml

2006: -1.1
2007: -0.6
2008: -0.1

And really, I could have extended it back further because he was also a negative player in 2005 (-0.3) and 2004 (-1.0) as well but he didn't play enough for it to matter much. And his negative defensive WAR wasn't only because he played some in center field. He was a negative defender in 2008 before he got traded, and he didn't play one game in the outfield or anyplace other than third base for the Pirates in 2008. He was also a negative at third base in 2007 and 2006. So once again, you and the facts, complete strangers.

I don't think anyone uses Baseball Reference WAR as a reference point.

Also, who knew that Bautista would start using PED's and hit 57 home runs once he left the Pirates???? Why, mvk112 knew!!!! He knows everything!

Maybe he can give us the Powerball numbers!!!!

Idiot!

Also, who knew that Bautista would start using PED's and hit 57 home runs once he left the Pirates???? Why, mvk112 knew!!!! He knows everything!

Maybe he can give us the Powerball numbers!!!!

Idiot!

As I said, Pirates fans are the greatest at accusing people of PEDs. This is the most asinine statement of the entire thread and that's saying something.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT