ADVERTISEMENT

OT: It's Masters Week!

Hate to admit it, but if Adam Scott was from North Korea, I'd still be a fan. ;)
Atleast you're consistent.
That's a good thing.
My wife is a DJ fan but she likes big, in shape, good looking, bad boys!
This is great news for the sport of golf with fans zeroing in on individual personalities!

Atleast you're consistent!
That's a good thing!
My wife is a DJ fan!
This is great news for the sport of golf with fans zeroing in on individual personalities!
I love golf. I love watching golf. There are actually very few who I actively root against (Keegan, Sergio) and some I'm not particularly fond of including Spieth but that's more because he takes too much damn time. Hit the ball for goodness sakes.

I'm down in Myrtle, the storms have been INTENSE. If they got the rainfall that came here, there will be all carry and no roll. Looking forward to the television on Friday.

I love golf. I love watching golf. There are actually very few who I actively root against (Keegan, Sergio) and some I'm not particularly fond of including Spieth but that's more because he takes too much damn time. Hit the ball for goodness sakes.
We're like you we love watching golf!
Wife and I play in golf leauges, including a Friday night couples league ( more for drinking n eating than the golf), we watch most every tournament, and try to go to one or maybe two events a year.
We do want to get to the Waste Management Phoneix Open,The Masters, and a Ryder Cup.

Just curious? Why Keegan and Sergio? I can see Sergio, but Keegan is kind of a random one.

I'm liking Jason Day. His Mom's health issues have been resolved so I think he'll be back on track. And of course I'm a huge fan of Adam Scott.
If you don't like Spieth because of his pace of play then it's tough to understand liking Day. He's as slow as it gets. Unless you are simply picking him to win.

I like Rose this week, personally.

I thought this was sarcasm. wow, that is ridiculous. this is youth rec league concession stand prices..

My wife has two guy friends who go to the Masters annually and they told us the same thing. Its a great golf trip. We haven't made it yet but we're planning it now for next year or the year after.
You do have to plan this trip way in advance if you want to stay close to the place!

Saw that world No. 1 Dustin Johnson is going to miss the event because he failed another drug test… err, I mean "fell down the stairs and got hurt" again.

Reactions: FireballZ
Saw that world No. 1 Dustin Johnson is going to miss the event because he failed another drug test… err, I mean "fell down the stairs and got hurt" again.
Yes just read that too! He's our guy darn!
As my wife said he is a bad boy, Paulina's a bad girl so they make a great couple.
When he was rehabbing from his previous indescretions he did have fun with Will McKenzie's and Jason Duffner's wives while the boys were slaving away on the tour.
Both of those guys divorced their princesses!
Remember the last time he had problems it was reported that he hurt his back picking up his Waverunner and a bit later the drug stuff came out.

Last edited:
Wait, no hot dogs at a golf course? Outrageous!!

Those prices are actually a couple years outdated, domestic beer now $4 and import $5. Other than that it's pretty much the same. After buying my stuff in the shop the first thing I did was grab a beer and a couple pimento cheese sandwiches, total cost $7.

If anyone wants to attend the Masters they have a lottery a couple weeks after the tournament ends for next years event. It's rare to get selected for the actual tournament, but I've won practice round tickets 2 years in a row. They are $65 each for 4 tickets, which usually sell for about 10 times that the week before the tournament. I'll probably never win again, I know people who've been trying a decade and never been selected.

Those prices are actually a couple years outdated, domestic beer now $4 and import $5. Other than that it's pretty much the same. After buying my stuff in the shop the first thing I did was grab a beer and a couple pimento cheese sandwiches, total cost $7.

If anyone wants to attend the Masters they have a lottery a couple weeks after the tournament ends for next years event. It's rare to get selected for the actual tournament, but I've won practice round tickets 2 years in a row. They are $65 each for 4 tickets, which usually sell for about 10 times that the week before the tournament. I'll probably never win again, I know people who've been trying a decade and never been selected.
We plan on attending the practice round and we can get tickets for Thursday & Friday only two years out thru the local PGA if you're a member and know a participating PGA professional.

Substitute a Masters Club for the hotdog and shutup its only $2.50LOL!
If this was in NY it would be $ 12.00.
Man, I have to pay $6 for a hot dog at my local course, but it's so damn good that I still have to have one despite the insane price after 9 when things aren't going my way, which seems to be more than I would like. A dog and half a sixer split with my cart partner usually turns things around, one way or the other...

We plan on attending the practice round and we can get tickets for Thursday & Friday only two years out thru the local PGA if you're a member and know a participating PGA professional.

Both years we've rented houses in Aiken SC about 30 minutes from the course. For smallish houses it's been about $300 a night, but much better than paying the inflated hotel prices, and Aiken is a really cool little town.

I'm already thinking of ways I can get back next year.

We're like you we love watching golf!
Wife and I play in golf leauges, including a Friday night couples league ( more for drinking n eating than the golf), we watch most every tournament, and try to go to one or maybe two events a year.
We do want to get to the Waste Management Phoneix Open,The Masters, and a Ryder Cup.
Ryder Cup is definitely on my top 10 bucket list. Almost made it to Hazletine this past fall, but had some family issues I had to deal with.

If you don't like Spieth because of his pace of play then it's tough to understand liking Day. He's as slow as it gets. Unless you are simply picking him to win.

I like Rose this week, personally.
I'm picking him to win.

Honestly - I don't like how he spits on the course. Random and crazy, I know - just a pet peeve.
Keegan just got or is getting married so it shows anyone can find a mate somewhere.
Not sure if he's still wearing them but he's been wearing bright red golf shoes that look like basketball sneakers not sure who the sponsor is. His clothes usually don't match by a lot, he usually needs a haircut and his hat is always to big. Besides having former big girl golfer Pat Bradley for an aunt I guess he's ok!

Dr - I'm really hoping this isn't anything more than meets the eye and he had an accident. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan per se, but I do like the fact that he seemed to turn it around. And I admire his calmness, much like Adam Scott. I 100% suck at the sport - I'd be a puddle even as their caddie. (Hence why I'm not a good golfer. ;))

I'll take Oakmont....went right from the gallery at #2 to a fish sammich at Sheetz's 50 yards away, dropped a deuce in relative comfort and got right back to the course..."a tradition, unlike any other"
That is funny lol.....

DJs fall down the stairs is really too bad , no word yet if he can make the call today.

Golf fans are fortunate now to have a group of really good young players; I'd just like to see a couple or more stage a classic Sunday.

Given DJs status:
Day to wear a green jacket.

Verne Lundquist did retire and he was an excellent golf announcer!
Not sure if Feherty does the Masters but he is a great "lunatic" golf announcer! Very funny and knowledgeable!
pretty sure Lundquist just retired from SEC football games. I think he is still doing golf. I thought he even did NCAA tourney games this year

Reactions: FireballZ
I'm a huge Phil fan. Have yet to find my next generation guy to latch on to. Watson seems like a cool guy that for some reason gets a bad rap. Rory is too marketed already and fowler refuses to bend the bill on his hats, eliminating him off my list.

Yes, Fowler has too much of that Justin Beiber vibe going on! LOL.

I was really into golf when I was playing a lot, meaning most years between '87-'12, lately for various reasons, I haven't played and it seems like that totally killed my interest to watch, I have no idea who is good anymore!

I'm a huge Phil fan. Have yet to find my next generation guy to latch on to. Watson seems like a cool guy that for some reason gets a bad rap. Rory is too marketed already and fowler refuses to bend the bill on his hats, eliminating him off my list.
Watson was the least popular player on tour in '15. There was always something that rubbed me the wrong way about him. I know 60 minutes subsequently ran a special on him trying to improve himself, but I never find myself rooting for him.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga-tour-pros-bubba-watsons-in

Watch out for Matsuyama...my pick.
He needs to spend some money and learn to speak English if he wants to make the big promotional $ on the US tour.
I believe he reported he's heading in that direction.
Once he fine tunes his short game namely putting he'll be dangerous.

I know he has almost no chance, but I'm rooting for Els. It could well be his last Masters.

Garcia is probably the nicest guy on tour, treats volunteers and fans extremely well. Unfortunately, he doesn't handle adversity well and can be extremely petulant when things aren't going his way.

Keegan Bradley is the worst. Miserable, fidgety whiner. Can't putt now that anchoring is illegal.

Don't like or dislike Dustin Johnson. Seems like he has never had a thought enter his head and easily influenced by others. That was bad when he was young and with friends, but good now that he is around guys like Harmon and Gretzky.

Like Speith and Day, but hate how slow they are. At least Speith seems to care about it, Day doesn't.

Love McIlroy, his best is better than anyone else's best. Seems to lose his focus when not putting well, though. He also seems as honest as possible with the way the media is nowadays. I'm probably a little biased, too. Playing the courses he played as an amateur in Northern Ireland was my favorite golf vacation.

This Jim Nance guy sounds like a real jerk.

I wonder if he's worse than that smug sonofabitch Jim Nantz.

And DJ is at an age where it's time to start bending the cap bill. Nothing sadder than an aging wigger.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
This Jim Nance guy sounds like a real jerk.

I wonder if he's worse than that smug sonofabitch Jim Nantz.

And DJ is at an age where it's time to start bending the cap bill. Nothing sadder than an aging wigger.
I hate those flat bill ( what do you call them) caps on golfers.
Keegan, DJ, Ricky, Finau, some others wear them!
Looks like they're in a hurry to get to the local NBA game after the round.
I think you have to wear them to NBA games to get in???

I hate those flat bill ( what do you call them) caps on golfers.
Keegan, DJ, Ricky, Finau, some others wear them!
Looks like they're in a hurry to get to the local NBA game after the round.
I think you have to wear them to NBA games to get in???

Not a big fan of them in baseball either. MLB should tell the players union that they're not signing another contract until they get rid of flat brim caps and the pajama pants that go beyond the shoe soles. Wanna' look like Eminem or Drake? Do it on your own time.

It just dawned on me that you and I agreed on something. :)

I'm betting on Judge Smells and Doctor Beeper. Hopefully they don't allow in a ringer mid-round. Also some side action in play on booger-eating in the gallery.

I know he has almost no chance, but I'm rooting for Els. It could well be his last Masters.

Garcia is probably the nicest guy on tour, treats volunteers and fans extremely well. Unfortunately, he doesn't handle adversity well and can be extremely petulant when things aren't going his way.

Keegan Bradley is the worst. Miserable, fidgety whiner. Can't putt now that anchoring is illegal.

Don't like or dislike Dustin Johnson. Seems like he has never had a thought enter his head and easily influenced by others. That was bad when he was young and with friends, but good now that he is around guys like Harmon and Gretzky.

Like Speith and Day, but hate how slow they are. At least Speith seems to care about it, Day doesn't.

Love McIlroy, his best is better than anyone else's best. Seems to lose his focus when not putting well, though. He also seems as honest as possible with the way the media is nowadays. I'm probably a little biased, too. Playing the courses he played as an amateur in Northern Ireland was my favorite golf vacation.

I think you get a Master's invite for life as a past Champion. Is Els' body breaking down that badly? Is that what you mean? I haven't heard that, but you've got to love silky smooth, easy-going golfers like Els and Couples.

I also think DJ at his best beats Rory these days. And I hate to make that statement as I really don't like DJ, although he's gotten a bit better over the years. The guy across the hall from me played at NC State and on the Carolinas Jr. Tour w/ DJ. He says that he was always a freak on the course, but that he's one of the dumbest human beings that he's ever met.

The guy across the hall from me played at NC State and on the Carolinas Jr. Tour w/ DJ. He says that he was always a freak on the course, but that he's one of the dumbest human beings that he's ever met.

It's pretty obvious that if DJ didn't have the golfing talent that he does he would be driving a 2003 Honda Civic with giant spoiler and a loud exhaust and installing car stereos for a living.

...pajama pants that go beyond the shoe soles. Wanna' look like Eminem or Drake? Do it on your own time.

Whatever happened to the baseball socks? The Stirrups? It don't matter, I never watch that garbage anyways, just curious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT