ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Justin Fields

Fair to be sure. It’s just more of a crap shoot I guess. But that said even high draft picks are a coin flip.
All QB draft picks are essentially crap shoots /

Just to agitate Zelda and werewolf -
Pickett also fit that late first round mold (20th pick)

He might be the first QB off the board; he's not lasting to the second. There was a period last season when people were questioning if his shoulder (I think) was permanently shot, so I can't get that out of my head. Don't know a ton about him, though.

Not sure who the other first round guys are. Sanders, potentially Cam Ward, Carson Beck maybe, Milroe maybe (if eligible).... who else? None of those guys would excite me all that much.
yeah, it's going to be a weak qb class i believe. when dion sanders kid is # 1, you know it's not going to be great..

How about we draft allar so we can get the local media to be steeler cheerleaders again? I kid i kid..

most of these guys seem to be runners first, or i believe the accepted term is "Dual threat" qbs. no thanks. off top off my head, maybe the LSU qb, actually throws the ball from the pocket, i know i know, that still exists if you can believe it. decent size and great accuracy..

All QB draft picks are essentially crap shoots /

Just to agitate Zelda and werewolf -
Pickett also fit that late first round mold (20th pick)
soufie still sticking with pickett being a first rd nfl qb is beautiful. yeah, stick with that narrative, it wasnt blown to bits the last 2 1/2 seasons at all.

as always, you are right and every other person on the planet, including reality, is wrong.. never change soufie, we need posters like you on here

soufie still sticking with pickett being a first rd nfl qb is beautiful. yeah, stick with that narrative, it wasnt blown to bits the last 2 1/2 seasons at all.

as always, you are right and every other person on the planet, including reality, is wrong.. never change soufie, we need posters like you on here
He was drafted in the first round . So yes by definition he was .

Only a handful of us are tethered to reality it seems

What Round was he drafted in your world?
We all know you preferred to roll with former first round Mitch and Mason Rudolph into that season , instead .
As the Galaxy Brain.

Do you respect authority?

I don’t know how much proof anyone needs to make them understand that the philosophy of the franchise in the first half of games is to kick field goals and stay in the game.

Every week we keep hearing them say we need to start faster, yada, yada, yada, and then nothing changes. Maybe it’s the approach that’s set from the top? And then miraculously things change in the 2nd half of games.
By the way the Medicre Mike way you described is lauded and praised by the national media every game. Once again check out Bens stats through three quarters vs the fourth when he kicked Oh Canada to the curb and went hurry up. Its not just a post Ben phenomenon.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I for one am glad Kenny is gone. People get annoyed by the discussion that continues in these parts. But could you imagine what it would be like if Kenny were still here operating in this offense? No thanks.
Changing Qbs is like shuffling the chairs on the deck of the titanic. Removing the Qb whose name shall not be mentioned any longer simply highlights that!

Changing Qbs is like shuffling the chairs on the deck of the titanic. Removing the Qb whose name shall not be mentioned any longer simply highlights that!
yeah, no argument here. put in Josh Allen on this roster and you still have a lazy bone headed pickens jogging routes, a below avg tight end and allen robinson v. 2.0 with Jefferson..

I do like some of these younger linemen although the data we have is extremely limited. Fautanu before injury looks like a player and i really like McCormick, frazier is great already. verdict isnt looking to good with Broderick Jones unfortunately, think he was graded out as the worst OL last week. his highlights are almost comical as he's a punchline this week on social media.

Who'd have guessed that Dan freakin Moore would be so important to our teasm..

All I'm saying is this was addressed multiple times last season. People asked Tomlin/Canada what was so different about the 4th quarter vs the first three. I specifically remember it being addressed after the Rams game. And Tomlin mentioned a few throws that were there early and just weren't made. One was over the top to Pickett's right on the near side of the television sidelines. I think it was DJ who had a step and he threw it out of bounds.

But you guys are suggesting we came out playing ultra conservatively at all times with Pickett until the game is on the line at the end, and we really haven't.
Again check out the Fourth Quarter stats with the HOF Qb playing. This is not just a recent phenomenon post Ben

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I don't even know that you have to tank.

Russell Wilson - 2nd round
Lamar Jackson - Pick 32
Aaron Rodgers - Pick 24
Prescott - 4th round
Hurts - 2nd round
Love - Pick 26

Etc., etc., etc.

And that's not even counting reclamation project guys (what we're currently aiming for) such as Jared Goff.

Bottom line: I think there is at least some flexibility, whereby you don't need to have either the 49ers coaching staff or a top 5 pick in the right year. That said, if they are going to tank for a QB I don't think this would be the season to do it.
You forgot Tom Freaking Brady!

By the way the Medicre Mike way you described is lauded and praised by the national media every game. Once again check out Bens stats through three quarters vs the fourth when he kicked Oh Canada to the curb and went hurry up. Its not just a post Ben phenomenon.
Yes
Because winning games are how coaches tend to me
Judged

Good point !
Never draft a qb above the 6th round - hope your franchise first rounder gets injured . And then expect your once every 25 year type of qb is on the bench !
Just pointing out how much of a crap shoot the draf is at QB dummy. In your attempt to play gotcha you once again proved your stupidity.

Yup Another Mike in Dallas who has a similar record (this year and career wise) is on the hot seat and Mediocre Mike is an HOFer. LOL
the nfl controls the media and it's narrative. there is a reason, a push or agenda, to openly support and promote Tomlin despite is on field failures. im not telling anyone anything they dont already know. But it's just over the top obvious with Tomlin and how the nfl talking heads still put Tomlin in top 3 lists when in reality, he'd be gone already if he was (you know).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT