ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Justin Fields

i've changed my mind on Russ vs Fields starting now about 9 times. Now that it looks like Wilson, im kind of against it lol. and yes, i know 2 hours ago, i said the opposite..

well good thing is tomlin, khan and rooney couldnt care less what i think and i guess we'll find out sunday night who's right or wrong.

What's even funnier is, there is still a really good chance that after sunday's game, it will be low scoring, we may win, we may lose and we'll probably still not know who the better option is. Does anyone really expect Wilson to either really suck or really be great?

You know it will be a 17-13 game, with 160 yards passing and depending on TJ watt, we win or lose late in the 4th quarter. And we are here monday morning, STILL not knowing who the hell our QB should be.
Regardless of what happens, people will overreact like they do from week to week.

Oh…and Russ will still be throwing to the same guys who get no separation.

You know it will be a 17-13 game, with 160 yards passing and depending on TJ watt, we win or lose late in the 4th quarter. And we are here monday morning, STILL not knowing who the hell our QB should be.
This ............is the Steeler/Tomlin way. Bank on it.

i've changed my mind on Russ vs Fields starting now about 9 times. Now that it looks like Wilson, im kind of against it lol. and yes, i know 2 hours ago, i said the opposite..

well good thing is tomlin, khan and rooney couldnt care less what i think and i guess we'll find out sunday night who's right or wrong.

What's even funnier is, there is still a really good chance that after sunday's game, it will be low scoring, we may win, we may lose and we'll probably still not know who the better option is. Does anyone really expect Wilson to either really suck or really be great?

NFL is just a poor product right now. Unless you have one of like five quarterbacks in the league, you just play Tomlin ball and turn everything into a 21-18 slapping contest.

NFL is just a poor product right now. Unless you have one of like five quarterbacks in the league, you just play Tomlin ball and turn everything into a 21-18 slapping contest.
it really is. i watched the 1pm game, browns vs eagles (Because pittsburgh didnt get the ravens - redskins game) and it was brutal, i mean it hurt me to watch it. was over my neighbors, and just absolutely hurt me physically, mentally and emotionally to sit 3 hours and watch that freakin abortion of a game,waiting for the steelers..

it really is. i watched the 1pm game, browns vs eagles (Because pittsburgh didnt get the ravens - redskins game) and it was brutal, i mean it hurt me to watch it. was over my neighbors, and just absolutely hurt me physically, mentally and emotionally to sit 3 hours and watch that freakin abortion of a game,waiting for the steelers..

It's bad, man. Even Steeler games are kind of background noise for me now. Like I took a nap at halftime thinking "if I wake up I wake up; If I don't I don't." It's better than nothing, obviously, but I really do feel like I watch out of habit. I only enjoy it when I'm with other people who actually care and there are some drinks involved.

College football, on the other hand is an event for me. Starts with GameDay and ends late at night. I'm checking in on games and flipping through channels all day.

It's bad, man. Even Steeler games are kind of background noise for me now. Like I took a nap at halftime thinking "if I wake up I wake up; If I don't I don't." It's better than nothing, obviously, but I really do feel like I watch out of habit. I only enjoy it when I'm with other people who actually care and there are some drinks involved.

College football, on the other hand is an event for me. Starts with GameDay and ends late at night. I'm checking in on games and flipping through channels all day.
the pitt vs Cal game last week was pretty much the equivalent of every single steeler game i've watched for the last 3 years. Just Boring AF and hoping for the clock to hurry up and the game can be over so i can get on with my day..

but that pitt game was an anomaly and i agree, college football all day is awesome. even last saturday with the oregon/tosu game and even the colorado game at like midnight.

i think the biggest place we'll miss Fields this sunday is in red zone. how many times did his running bail us out and get us 6 points?
Pretty sure Russ’s red zone TDs were really good, even last year. Let’s just hope that they get there. Haha. Hate to bring up the dreaded “P” word…but Russ and Fields are both an upgrade over Kenny there.

Pretty sure Russ’s red zone TDs were really good, even last year. Let’s just hope that they get there. Haha. Hate to bring up the dreaded “P” word…but Russ and Fields are both an upgrade over Kenny there.
this fear of mine is more of a knock on the steelers' offensive players and play calling than it is a knock on Wilson.

any of our success offensively, well most of it anyways, came from Fields either taking off, avoiding the rush and moving, etc. we lose that. On flip side, Wilson SHOULD be much better in the pocket.

again, who knows, this could be a good move. im sure we will all have opinions on the matter monday morning..

the pitt vs Cal game last week was pretty much the equivalent of every single steeler game i've watched for the last 3 years. Just Boring AF and hoping for the clock to hurry up and the game can be over so i can get on with my day..

but that pitt game was an anomaly and i agree, college football all day is awesome. even last saturday with the oregon/tosu game and even the colorado game at like midnight.

Oh absolutely. It was actually something different for Pitt, so I enjoyed it. But that's damn near every Steeler game.

College just has so many more styles of play clashing. And it doesn't look like the players are too big/strong/fast for the field they're playing on like the NFL does. And if one game sucks, I'll pick from any of the five others on TV. And I don't have to see the same. damn. people game after game, year after year. And it's not championship or bust - at least not for most teams. Just better entertainment value, in my opinion, even with its many faults.

The only way Fields remains a stiller next year is if he signs for way cheap - say $10mil/year .
That’s about all he’s worth as a QB,
Then we are drafting another or grabbing a vet backup
Oh no. The Steelers are going to overpay. They don't have an out with him and there isn't a backup plan. He's played well enough that people are talking about how he's saved his career and they won't be low enough to draft a starter. Fields is the guy whether he's worth it or not.

Oh no. The Steelers are going to overpay. They don't have an out with him and there isn't a backup plan. He's played well enough that people are talking about how he's saved his career and they won't be low enough to draft a starter. Fields is the guy whether he's worth it or not.

Well I don't think they would bench him/mess with his confidence, with him having a half-decent 4-2 record and coming off a 32-13 win, if they thought he was the future.

JK, lol. This franchise would totally do that.

I’ve stated as much probably 40 times in this thread. But I’ll ask you again, who would be better in this offense that was available? Kenny?
I’ve stated as much probably 40 times in this thread. But I’ll ask you again, who would be better in this offense that was available? Kenny?
nah
You like to blame the only legit receiver for fields problems .
Repetitively .
Because you’re baked in .
Fields isn’t THE problem (a lack of weapons and OL run blocking )- but he is A problem .
The only receiver likewise is not remotely anything close to a problem .

By the way Dionte seems to be a WR1 after all .
Would be nice to have him , instead of the $10mil in cap space being unused .

Well I don't think they would bench him/mess with his confidence, with him having a half-decent 4-2 record and coming off a 32-13 win, if they thought he was the future.

JK, lol. This franchise would totally do that.
Or maybe it’s because passing for 150 yards being 20th on offensive scoring maybe means it’s worth trying the vet qb who’s career fields can only hope to touch?

Other than degenerate gamblers who the hell was excited for last nights jets bills game? Even with marquee qbs it’s still a boring matchup
i had Allen and George WIlson on my fantasy team, needed both to score decent to win and i still didnt watch it. Been doing outer banks season 3 with my son.

also watching this survival show on netflix, not "alone" but the one with 4 teams. it's ok, all these survivor shows are kind of the same thing. they are all cold, all hungry, they eat squirrels and it takes them 4 days to start a fire, yet i still watch them so maybe im the problem..

but dont worry, they both did well and my FF team won.

Yeah, of course. Kenny was better last year in the same offense (except a worse line, and Canada).

a man is typing on a laptop that says adult swim on it

Every freakin day on here. every single F'in day, kenny pickett blah blah blah blah.

a woman says  it 's time to let this boy go  while standing next to a man's time to let this boy go  while standing next to a man
Dude I’m with ya. Like FK my only point was the talent and coaching around him were so bad that the jury was out on how good or bad he is. Same goes with Fields

But I’m so sick of his name coming up in every convo regarding the Steelers putrid offense this year. Like I said he’s not even all that likeable or a standup guy like Rudy is

It actually detracts for the core issue which is Tomlin and his inability to hire a good OC and develop a upper level offense to go along with a decent but over rated defense

• Love
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
nah
You like to blame the only legit receiver for fields problems .
Repetitively .
Because you’re baked in .
Fields isn’t THE problem (a lack of weapons and OL run blocking )- but he is A problem .
The only receiver likewise is not remotely anything close to a problem .

By the way Dionte seems to be a WR1 after all .
Would be nice to have him , instead of the $10mil in cap space being unused .
How’d Dionte and George help Kenny? Granted Kenny didnt have them both at the same time for more than a handful of games but if they were what you guys claim they are, I suspect our QBs the past two years would be better. Kenny and Fields are below average throwers at this point in their careers and due to oline problems and weak offensive scheme and coaching, they could use dependable receivers, but Dionte and George ain’t them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT