ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Lakers

Losing AD really hurt LBJ and the Lakers. It is like Jordan losing Pippen with the Bulls.

I have never understood the lebron hate. Dude is a great player and from all indications a great dude that is everything you want with a professional athlete. His charity work is commendable and it seems like family is extremely important to him.

Where I enjoy criticism of lebron is not with him, but with the Twitter crowd and certain media types that compare him to Jordan. Anyone that watched Jordan knows Jordan was the better player. I was always partial to Magic growing up, but Jordan is superior to Lebron on the court in every metric.

Doesn't mean people should hate on lebron though. Appreciate his greatness in his own way. Similar to Crosby will never be Lemiuex in my eyes...doesn't mean Crosby isn't great in his own way.

I have no problem discussing any OT threads and there’s a pretty good NBA playoffs thread on one of the bball boards but...

Not quite sure what the point of this post is. Meant to troll LeBron and the Lakers but most of this board doesn’t even care about the NBA and for those that do, it’s not like it’s all Lakers/LeBron fans.

And... they didn’t have AD and LeBron is 36 years old playing on 1 and a half ankles. Against the 2 seed with Chris Paul and a really good young core with Booker and Ayton... is it really such a bad loss?

I have never understood the lebron hate. Dude is a great player and from all indications a great dude that is everything you want with a professional athlete. His charity work is commendable and it seems like family is extremely important to him.

Where I enjoy criticism of lebron is not with him, but with the Twitter crowd and certain media types that compare him to Jordan. Anyone that watched Jordan knows Jordan was the better player. I was always partial to Magic growing up, but Jordan is superior to Lebron on the court in every metric.

Doesn't mean people should hate on lebron though. Appreciate his greatness in his own way. Similar to Crosby will never be Lemiuex in my eyes...doesn't mean Crosby isn't great in his own way.
серьезно?

I have no problem discussing any OT threads and there’s a pretty good NBA playoffs thread on one of the bball boards but...

Not quite sure what the point of this post is. Meant to troll LeBron and the Lakers but most of this board doesn’t even care about the NBA and for those that do, it’s not like it’s all Lakers/LeBron fans.

And... they didn’t have AD and LeBron is 36 years old playing on 1 and a half ankles. Against the 2 seed with Chris Paul and a really good young core with Booker and Ayton... is it really such a bad loss?
I don’t think it was meant to troll Lebron as I am quite sure that the poster doesn’t think Lebron reads the pantherlair message boards.

What’s more concerning is the people who desperately jump to Lebron’s defense over nonsense.

Reactions: FireballZ
How do you imagine it was a flex? It was clearly someone enjoying seeing Lebron lose. I am sure you like to see athletes you don’t like lose.

As a loser yourself, it should be easy for you. :)
I agree. Like every NHL fan I know that doesn't root for the Penguins loves seeing Crosby lose 4 consecutive playoff series while producing very little points in the postseason the past few years. Haters gonna hate.

Taken out by Phoenix in the first round. Lol.
Phoenix is very, very good. No AD. I've seen worse... Like when lost to Dallas in the Finals his first year in Miami.

Sucks that Murray is out for Nuggets but awesome they're still playing so well.

Hoping for Bucks v. Nuggets final.

Game from Leonard last night to stave off elimination was unreal.

Hope you're enjoying the playoffs too!

I will acknowledge that Jordan’s 6-0 record in the finals pretty much cements him as goat, but better in all facets of the game than LeBron? I absolutely disagree.

Better scorer? Sure. Defender? Maybe. I may take LeBron. But LeBron is a much much better passer and a better rebounder.

The Lakers last game of the 2019-20 season was played on October 11. Their first game of the 2020-21 season was played 72 days later. The Miami Heat were also knocked out in the first round this year.

Reactions: bobfree
I agree. Like every NHL fan I know that doesn't root for the Penguins loves seeing Crosby lose 4 consecutive playoff series while producing very little points in the postseason the past few years. Haters gonna hate.
That is why sports is so popular. It creates rivalries that stir the emotions of what passes for grown men. That is how they are able to squeeze so much money out of people.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer

He called himself the goat and he flops all over the court from phantom fouls its sad and funny at same time.

I will acknowledge that Jordan’s 6-0 record in the finals pretty much cements him as goat, but better in all facets of the game than LeBron? I absolutely disagree.

Better scorer? Sure. Defender? Maybe. I may take LeBron. But LeBron is a much much better passer and a better rebounder.
Defender maybe is way off. Jordan absolutely better defender.

Ah yes. The shut up and dribble argument.
What's funny is CP3 just as if not more active ve for social causes. The sane exact ones the LeBron is all about. And, he's the leader, PG and star (I know Booker is actually better) of the team that eliminated the Lakers. He also flops and whines to refs a lot. More stars in just about every sport do. I love CP3. Not knocking him just saying he does it too.

But, end of the day, he's just not quite as famous as Lebron so he'll never get the same level of vitriol Lebron gets.

What's funny is CP3 just as if not more active ve for social causes. The sane exact ones the LeBron is all about. And, he's the leader, PG and star (I know Booker is actually better) of the team that eliminated the Lakers. He also flops and whines to refs a lot. More stars in just about every sport do. I love CP3. Not knocking him just saying he does it too.

But, end of the day, he's just not quite as famous as Lebron so he'll never get the same level of vitriol Lebron gets.

I think that whole story about how he got separated at birth from his twin Cliff buys him a lot of sympathy.

Lebron is a lightning rod for a plethora of reasons. Many didn’t like him for how he handled his move to Miami. I know I didn’t. I never rooted for him then, and like the OP I was happy to see him lose. So a lot of the dislike goes back a ways. Then he went back to Cleveland and I changed my tune and wanted to see him win and was glad he did. I appreciated what he does in the Akron community and rooted for him because of it. Then he went to LA and I started rooting against him again. Like all of us, he’s flawed as a person. That’s life. But as an athlete...wow. For someone that size to be that talented and athletic? Incredible.

Lebron is a lightning rod for a plethora of reasons. Many didn’t like him for how he handled his move to Miami. I know I didn’t. I never rooted for him then, and like the OP I was happy to see him lose. So a lot of the dislike goes back a ways. Then he went back to Cleveland and I changed my tune and wanted to see him win and was glad he did. I appreciated what he does in the Akron community and rooted for him because of it. Then he went to LA and I started rooting against him again. Like all of us, he’s flawed as a person. That’s life. But as an athlete...wow. For someone that size to be that talented and athletic? Incredible.
Like the Decision or not, James deserves credit for negotiating with ESPN to donate the ad revenue ($2M) to the Boys and Girls Club.

Lebron is the most hated player in the NBA. So I’m not sure what is so odd for anyone here to revel in his failure.

If there was a survey by state for hockey, Crosby would probably rival Lebron’s hatred. Although that I don’t understand. He’s never gone on record with controversial stuff before. Then again, it’s hockey so even if he did no one would notice.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
Lebron is the most hated player in the NBA. So I’m not sure what is so odd for anyone here to revel in his failure.

If there was a survey by state for hockey, Crosby would probably rival Lebron’s hatred. Although that I don’t understand. He’s never gone on record with controversial stuff before. Then again, it’s hockey so even if he did no one would notice.

He may or may not be, but this article is based on a Twitter survey and it is mostly useless.

Reactions: Ski11585

No, I wouldn't be surprised at all that THE DAILY CALLER ranks LeBron James the most hated player in the NBA.

Reactions: ratking17

Crosby is a real American though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT