ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Thread

Maybe senior year Artis or senior year James Robinson.

I always thought a large section of the fanbase was very unfair to senior year Travon Woodall, who was an all-conference player in the Big East for a really solid team.

Insert Phil's "He didn't start for his HS team!"

Does Tyler Herro even shave? The baby faced assassin.

I did not expect Herro to be this good. You have to tip your hat to Riley and Miami's front office.

I'm just all in on Miami's Zone Ball at this point, Boston just can't seem to find their footing against it even when they're getting good shots.

It seems weird a weak spot of their zone is one of the most efficient shots typically (corner threes.) But having guys like Jimmy Butler and Andre Iguodala in your zone grabbing at the ball makes it messy for Boston, who also have too many players who get flustered under on ball pressure. And Boston misses a few good looks from corner three so Miami more than got away with it

Insert Phil's "He didn't start for his HS team!"

I did not expect Herro to be this good. You have to tip your hat to Riley and Miami's front office.

Biggest misnomer ever about Woodall. He started the two prior years and was one of the few players in that program to ever start as a sophomore. But, whatever ... it is over now ...

Reactions: Ski11585
It seems weird a weak spot of their zone is one of the most efficient shots typically (corner threes.) But having guys like Jimmy Butler and Andre Iguodala in your zone grabbing at the ball makes it messy for Boston, who also have too many players who get flustered under on ball pressure. And Boston misses a few good looks from corner three so Miami more than got away with it

I do not know if their guys get flustered too much besides Smart with the ball; I think it is more that they are young and try to do way too much at times.

To me, in the next few games (if there are more than one), the series becomes about Bam. Because Bam has been the true difference maker over the last 3 games. The Celtics have no answer him. And, any answer that they have for Dragic involves putting Kemba on the bench, which has been a nightmare for them.

I think it is fair to say that Miami has outcoached Boston and that the individual Miami players have outsmarted the Boston players.

Tonight‘s game should be interesting... Denver can look at it in a positive way and say they are the better team. They have outplayed the Lakers and would be up 2-1 if not for a buzzer beater. Denver should have a lot of confidence. Jokic can physically dominate everyone but Howard...though he can score on him as well. But he will probably have to score more as they can’t count on 26 from Grant again.

I still like the Lakers to win the series and probably tonight, but AD needs to show up & help LeBron. Yes AD had 27 but he was not efficient and fell in love with the J. He needs to attack the basket as he has size and length against all Denver bigs but Jokic. And he should use his quickness to take Jokic off the bounce. But the Lakers got killed on the glass with AD only getting 2 rebounds. He had 0 rebounds through 3 quarters...idk if that has ever happened with him before.

Reactions: TheChair
Speaking of Jokic they were comparing him to Dirk on ESPN. Dirk said “That’s a compliment. I wish I had his skill set. His passing is so good it’s a joke”.

If 2010 Dwight Howard shows up for the rest of this game, no way LA loses this one.

That said, Murray is a stud. Such a smooth guard. Cannot wait to see his improvement over the next few years.

Anthony Davis has decided to play offense from the first possession tonight. Good luck to Denver as this one will be rough to pull out.

True. He has to realize when he is aggressive & in attack mode it puts a ton of pressure on the other team. No matter what team they are playing he almost always has a mismatch.

If 2010 Dwight Howard shows up for the rest of this game, no way LA loses this one.

That said, Murray is a stud. Such a smooth guard. Cannot wait to see his improvement over the next few years.

Don’t know what got into Dwight but you’re not lying he sure is looking like 2010

Plus by starting Dwight they can match him up more with Jokic
I think that Dwight physically can only go for so long these days. But, like a lot of other formerly great players, he can put together a run if his body is willing.

In the second half, I think the Lakers need to be a little more careful with their possessions. They are getting most any shot they want; no need to settle in many cases.

I think that Dwight physically can only go for so long these days. But, like a lot of other formerly great players, he can put together a run if his body is willing.

In the second half, I think the Lakers need to be a little more careful with their possessions. They are getting most any shot they want; no need to settle in many cases.

Yes and he’s helping a ton with 2nd chance points. A double- double in 13 min.

Murray got hot towards the end. He has shown he can carry them to a win.

I still think when AD makes up his mid to attack the rim Denver can’t stop him.

Yes and he’s helping a ton with 2nd chance points. A double- double in 13 min.

Murray got hot towards the end. He has shown he can carry them to a win.

I still think when AD makes up his mid to attack the rim Denver can’t stop him.
Murray definitely got hot. And Jokic has still been relatively quiet.

The issue I see for Denver is that even though they made it a lot closer in the last few minutes, LA was still getting really good shots that just were not falling. Those shots will fall again.

I don't know what they need to do because at the end of the day, they have nothing for Davis and LeBron just is LeBron. The Lakers have not even went to strictly two man game yet, though they have run a ton of sets for Davis in different parts of the post.

If Denver is going to pull this out, they need two out of Murray, Jokic and Grant to go crazy in the second half and for LA to keep missing good shots at a decent rate. It is possible but likely not probable.

Reactions: 4upmc
Interestingly, with LeBron and Davis on the floor, Denver has waived the flag on LeBron basically and put Grant on Davis. I guess they see him as the guy that will put them away more quickly.

Porter is great on offense but the Lakers have already made him a mark within 4 possessions ...

To that point, I am really not sure why Kuzma keeps leaving his feet with Porter on the three point line. Just as bad at defense as Porter in those situations.

I think that the Lakers have to come back out with Dwight at the start of the 4th. They have been decidedly much better with him on the floor tonight.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
To that point, I am really not sure why Kuzma keeps leaving his feet with Porter on the three point line. Just as bad at defense as Porter in those situations.

I think that the Lakers have to come back out with Dwight at the start of the 4th. They have been decidedly much better with him on the floor tonight.

Much better with Dwight. They need his energy and rebounding.

Porter needs to be more aggressive on defense and stronger when gathering a rebound.

For him, a nice start would be trying to play any defense. He has lucked out that the Nuggets have done their best to keep him far, far away from LeBron or AD during these last 6 minutes or so.

I did not see the foul that Webber said was there on James against Murray at the rim ... did anyone else see it?

Nope. LeBron defending Murray in the 4th was big.

We aren’t in the days of watching LeBron guard Derrick Rose or prime Dwight Howard with equal ability but when he decides to try and put the clamps on somebody he’s still a pretty terrifying defender.

Lakers are just too hard a team to beat if AD is playing locked in and they get virtually any legit production from a non-LeBron or AD player.

I'm not sure if it's because we became so starved for sports that I'm looking for anything to enjoy, but I've gotten more pleasure out of watching NBA Hoops in the bubble as much or more than any "non-Pittsburgh" sporting event ever, with the only exception being each year's NCAA Hoops tourney.

So far, the LA supporting cast (especially Dwight) have been subpar. Its early, but it looks like a night where AD and LeBron will have to carry the squad entirely.

On the other side, Denver looks like the team that played LAC in those last 3 games. The urgency and awareness are clearly present tonight.

LeBron is trying hard to find Porter for matchups and it is hilarious. I mean, he really just wants to get a switch off Grant, but he is trying to make it be Porter and Porter is doing everything he can do to not make that switch including switches under the play.

Porter is really one of the most offensively talented guys I have ever seen for age/size, but does he not try to play any defense ... he makes guys like young James Harden and Kevin Durant look like All-NBA defense players during those stages.

Reactions: Ski11585
You cannot count the Nuggets out, but it appears that LAK has this one in a good spot.

The Nuggets in this series, it mirrors so many prior teams. The Bulls when they played the Pistons, the Lakers when Shaq/Kobe were figuring things out, etc. A young, incredibly talented team with guys that are physically and skillfully ready but not mentally ready. The Lakers lived in their head this series and they have to develop that mental toughness to take the next step.

Meanwhile, LeBron has closed them out over 4 possessions.

The Lakers really needed to close here, because AD needs some time off that ankle. They surely are hoping that Boston/Miami goes to 7. They will want that rest for AD. And it will not hurt for their other guys considering the overall mileage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT