ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Draft

A CB from Penn St, and a DL from Wisconsin in the 2nd round. Somebody better check on JoeyD, he probably needs medical
attention 🤣🤣

Reactions: Drew1208
I get the negativity about Porter but the reality is it’s a value Pick for the Steelers at a position of need. The kid was rated higher so it’s a decent pick. If his name wasn’t Porter I don’t think anyone would be upset with the pick

Overall this appears to be one of the Steelers better drafts. No reached and they addressed their top three needs.

Would love to see them get another weapon for KP or a MLB

Steelers lose that trade. There was a run on WRs right before, so that's probably what they were going to do.

That other short WR we have from last season better do something this season .
Steelers are garbage at picking small WRs..

Does Hines Ward count ? he was a legend. he was.... A freaking warrior

Steelers lose that trade. There was a run on WRs right before, so that's probably what they were going to do.
Had nothing to do with it. They’ve been looking to trade back and add selections since they made their 1st round pick. Couldn’t do that with Porter and Benton there. Just wasn’t a guy there at 80 that they valued enough.

That said I agree, I don’t think it was enough return.

That other short WR we have from last season better do something this season .
Steelers are garbage at picking small WRs..

Does Hines Ward count ? he was a legend. he was.... A freaking warrior
Ward was perhaps the best kind of player, the kind you fervently love if he’s on your team, and would like to see maimed, dismembered and set ablaze if he was on the other team.

As far as smallish WR… Lynn Swann and Antonio Brown might have some dispute of that.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
Ward was perhaps the best kind of player, the kind you fervently love if he’s on your team, and would like to see maimed, dismembered and set ablaze if he was on the other team.

As far as smallish WR… Lynn Swann and Antonio Brown might have some dispute of that.
Hines in person was even better.. Met him and hung out with him for like an hour. He and Deshea Townsend. dude isnt even big , but he gave his all.

That said I agree, I don’t think it was enough return.

If you go by the draft pick value chart, the Stillers should have gotten the pick that the Panthers have earlier in the 4th, pick 114. That would have made it come out almost even on the chart, whereas the pick that the Stillers actually got puts them behind on the chart.

So we don’t trade and get two mid first rounders and you get upset
We trade a mid 3rd for a later 3rd and a 4th - and you hate it

I’m sensing a trend -
It’s you hate every move by every pittsburgh team .
From your couch
what ? I hate every move...
keep taking your meds ... i think you missed a dose.

Washington was a nice pick. What a monster. It will be fun to set him loose to destroy opponent safeties. Hopefully they let him, and not just consider him a third OT.

One or two debatable picks tonight, but overall it’s hard to dispute the first two days. Mostly guys from quality programs. Let’s see if they continue to draft smart rather than get artsy-fartsy in the remainder, as they sometimes do. And hopefully pick their UDFA strategically this time, rather than like a blindfolded drunk dude and a dartboard with a bunch of PSU and WVU and former WPIAL hack names on it, as in many years.

But between these first two nights (Jones alone makes this a solid effort) and the active free agency period they had … at least they seem to recognize they were deeply flawed and needed close to an overhaul. Again that didn’t seem to really sink in the last few years.

Of course now all these new guys have to be harnessed successfully by these coaches…and… well… we’ll see, I suppose.

Reactions: Chairman Moe
If the Steelers can somehow get Ringo in round four, here’s an idea: could he play ILB? He’s pretty big as it is for a cornerback. The one thing we’re currently missing is a drop-back linebacker. Shaq Thompson had a similar progression, although he was more of an edge.

Maybe they are looking at Henry To'o To'o from Alabama?
I like the TE pick. They needed a better run blocker there and clearly targeting physical specimens in this draft. They do need LB help but this LB class is underwhelming. To me Simpson is super versatile college player but a tweener pro. Can get a more fluid safety and he isn’t physical enough to play full time at linebacker. They can still add a guy like To’o To’o or Ivan Pace if they want.

Reactions: Drew1208
I like the TE pick. They needed a better run blocker there and clearly targeting physical specimens in this draft. They do need LB help but this LB class is underwhelming. To me Simpson is super versatile college player but a tweener pro. Can get a more fluid safety and he isn’t physical enough to play full time at linebacker. They can still add a guy like To’o To’o or Ivan Pace if they want.
Simpson does some things well, but there were concerns over his ability to read and react. Either way, the Steelers were able to get Washington and Herbig with the No. 80 pick, not too bad. Washington is such a plus for an offense that wants to run the ball and Herbig may shift inside, but he has been a very good pass rusher in Wisconsin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT