ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Penguins

You have to feel for Zucker, but he has been so oft injured that the team won’t even feel his loss.

Solid win against a damn good Wild team. I would not want to play them if I was Colorado.

Reactions: Dan1911
I was.hoping he was going to be cleared to play by the trade deadline and dealt. I knew this would happen. Some people are snakebit when they are with certain teams. For his own health and safety, he needs a change of scenery.

Zucker's injury was a fluke and not his doing. The way the Wild were running us, it is why I wanted some more size at the deadline.

I know Sully doesn't like this stuff, and "just play", but the Pens are no longer the fastest team in the league. And they just can't outskate teams anymore.

Though I love Rackell. Great hands and shot and someone willing to shoot.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Zucker's injury was a fluke and not his doing. The way the Wild were running us, it is why I wanted some more size at the deadline.

I know Sully doesn't like this stuff, and "just play", but the Pens are no longer the fastest team in the league. And they just can't outskate teams anymore.

Though I love Rackell. Great hands and shot and someone willing to shoot.
Rackell was a great addition. He's the net front scorer we needed.

Pretty good first at Colorado even though it ended 0-0. Rodriguez had 3 great chances and nothing.

That 11 goal game last week might be the worst thing that could have happened to them. Scoring less than Beavis since then.

That was a fantastic hockey game. The NHL could do alot worse than have a Pens/Avs final. Just an outstanding game. Lots of chances, great saves, great plays and no BS stuff. It's great when two skill teams go out and "just play".

It’s frustrating, but gimme a break. He was hit from behind in a vulnerable and defenseless position. I’m more pissed about the lack of any response from the team against Fiala, and the fact that the blind zebras made no call on the play.
There is rarely any response from the team, ever. Sully watched Crosby get beat to death numerous times

That was a fantastic hockey game. The NHL could do alot worse than have a Pens/Avs final. Just an outstanding game. Lots of chances, great saves, great plays and no BS stuff. It's great when two skill teams go out and "just play".
It was essentially Olympic style hockey /
Which was very refreshing and entertaining to watch

One thing as we head down the stretch run.....there has been alot of discussion on the value of finishing first and getting the Caps in rd 1. Well.....that may not happen. See the last two spots are "wildcards" and not beholden to a division. So say if Florida finishes with the best record, they get the 8 seed which looks like the Caps. While the Panthers will get the top wild card team, which looks to be Tampa or Boston.

So as poorly as we have fared against the Rangers, seeing how we played against the Avs, I still would take our chances against the Rangers. We saw how Jarry fared in his first playoff series, so you never know with a young goalie like Shesterkin.

Carolina is going to be "rewarded" with likely a Tampa or Boston matchup.

There is rarely any response from the team, ever. Sully watched Crosby get beat to death numerous times
Mario still strongly influences the franchise and is fervently anti-enforcer, ironic given the pounding he used to take. It also belies his preferred roll-out-the-pucks, ignore-the-coaches philosophy. I can’t really argue, given multiple cups in the past couple decades and generally entertaining play, but you begin to realize that the Crosby-Malkin-Letang dynasty will have to end and all these recent fast dismissals from the playoffs are making the pendulum seem that much louder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT