ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Personal Question

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
I am watching a TV series The Hard Sun

Backdrop of series is the workd is going to end in 5 years.(caused by an event of the sun)

If you knew that to be the case, would you live your life any different on day 1 of that knowledge?

Year 4?

Year 5?

Ever?

For me, a lot would depend on how others behaved after receiving that information.

Before I found the love of my life, I reconnected with an ex-high school flame. She was a legit 10, dropped to a 7 after kids. I found out she was a real estate agent, and she was eager to help me sell my home and buy a new one. Long story short, she kept asking about my love life, and we would joke around. Keep in mind she was married, but I didn’t really care and I told her once that I thought she was stunning and I thought we should go to dinner. Needless to say, it didn’t go well. If I had limited time left, I’m talking my wife into a ménage a Trois, and recruiting Kristin to join!

Reactions: cbpitt2
Before I found the love of my life, I reconnected with an ex-high school flame. She was a legit 10, dropped to a 7 after kids. I found out she was a real estate agent, and she was eager to help me sell my home and buy a new one. Long story short, she kept asking about my love life, and we would joke around. Keep in mind she was married, but I didn’t really care and I told her once that I thought she was stunning and I thought we should go to dinner. Needless to say, it didn’t go well. If I had limited time left, I’m talking my wife into a ménage a Trois, and recruiting Kristin to join!
is your time limited ? sometimes we set our own limits.

anyways you scared me for a sec.

your a great guy because your on here man.

pitt will win again.

I am watching a TV series The Hard Sun

Backdrop of series is the workd is going to end in 5 years.(caused by an event of the sun)

If you knew that to be the case, would you live your life any different on day 1 of that knowledge?

Year 4?

Year 5?

Ever?

For me, a lot would depend on how others behaved after receiving that information.
I’d apply for many credit cards and only pay the minimum.

I’d forget about wanting to downsize my house/life.

I’d start using my 150+ sick days.

I might just quit working.

Reactions: gary2
I’d apply for many credit cards and only pay the minimum.

I’d forget about wanting to downsize my house/life.

I’d start using my 150+ sick days.

I might just quit working.
Thank You for the response

What is the level of certainty of the prediction? That would affect what I do.

What is the level of certainty of the prediction? That would affect what I do.
In the TV series it was absolute. (Though the series was intended to last 5 years but ended after one. The reasoning became: they always knew it would be one year but said five to prevent what they assumed would occur.)

For my question, lets roll with 5 absolute (No lying here)

Reactions: USN_Panther
In the TV series it was absolute. (Though the series was intended to last 5 years but ended after one. The reasoning became: they always knew it would be one year but said five to prevent what they assumed would occur.)

For my question, lets roll with 5 absolute (No lying here)
With certainty of outcome....here goes.
Cancelling life insurance.
Telling everyone exactly what I think. I kind of do that now as I really don't care if I get fired from work, but I'd say more good things too.
Selling a house and buying a big boat.
Fishing a lot. Kind of do that already.
Start more fights at hockey.
Get more sheep and probably a donkey. That keeps the wife happy then I can fish even more.

Reactions: gary2
With certainty of outcome....here goes.
Cancelling life insurance.
Telling everyone exactly what I think. I kind of do that now as I really don't care if I get fired from work, but I'd say more good things too.
Selling a house and buying a big boat.
Fishing a lot. Kind of do that already.
Start more fights at hockey.
Get more sheep and probably a donkey. That keeps the wife happy then I can fish even more.
Thanks for the reply

Reactions: USN_Panther
Thanks for the reply
I'd add installing my homebrew keg system. Given only five years, long-term health morbidity doesn't really matter. I'm eating steak and ribs and drinking ale every night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT