ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Puff Johnson

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Strange career. Scored 11 points in the National Championship game as a sophomore. Only averaging 19 minutes and 6 PPG on a bad Penn State team as a senior. That era of local players (Puff, Morton, Jeffress) has certainly underachieved.

Strange career. Scored 11 points in the National Championship game as a sophomore. Only averaging 19 minutes and 6 PPG on a bad Penn State team as a senior. That era of local players (Puff, Morton, Jeffress) has certainly underachieved.
That has to be the most overhyped western PA class of any sport ever.

Reactions: FireballZ
I forgot about Carmody. He is averaging 7.6 on a Mercer team that's 3-7 in the SoCon.
Who is the best WPIAL hooper currently playing D1? I’m not sure I can come up with an answer

Devin carney is averaging 1 PPG at Denver after averaging 29 at Butler.

Where did that Pratt kid from Lincoln Park end up? His brother who is a sophomore at Aliquippa has a chance.

Who is the best WPIAL hooper currently playing D1? I’m not sure I can come up with an answer

Devin carney is averaging 1 PPG at Denver after averaging 29 at Butler.

Where did that Pratt kid from Lincoln Park end up? His brother who is a sophomore at Aliquippa has a chance.

Adou Thiero. Credit to Cal there because I didn't think he was worth a Pitt offer.

Yeah freshmen and sophomore years.

I know his mom personally, but don’t get SMF started on why he left the city because he knows better than me.

I thought he left earlier than that. He was getting into so much trouble on the hard streets of Elizabeth, PA, he had to get out quick.

I would’ve bet a good amount on Morton being a highly successful Big 10 player. He seemed to be a perfect fit for Painter but his shooting just never really developed. Still great to see a local kid getting minutes on one of the best teams in the country but it’s unfortunate he never became more than a role player

I forgot about Carmody. He is averaging 7.6 on a Mercer team that's 3-7 in the SoCon.
I know people think the kids a a jerk. Or maybe it’s the family? But good on the kid for finding his level. Did people think he was really ACC level?

There must be a thing about overhyped local kids finding their way to ND in various sports, only to predictably flame out. I can think of 3 in the last 7 years or so right off the top of my head.

I thought he left earlier than that. He was getting into so much trouble on the hard streets of Elizabeth, PA, he had to get out quick.
Cars. Cars were invented a loooooong time ago.

Social media, social media invented a short time ago. Every kid everywhere knows everyone.

I see Woodland Hills football players at every Pine Richland game I go to. They are not geographically close.

I’m not rehashing what Erin told me was going on with him for the billionth time

I know people think the kids a a jerk. Or maybe it’s the family? But good on the kid for finding his level. Did people think he was really ACC level?

There must be a thing about overhyped local kids finding their way to ND in various sports, only to predictably flame out. I can think of 3 in the last 7 years or so right off the top of my head.
I like the dad. One of the funnier dudes around and a good time

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Actually, the most successful kid right now outside of Tre and Adou is a Pitt legacy. I wonder if anyone can figure it out. I’ll reveal the answer at 8

Actually, the most successful kid right now outside of Tre and Adou is a Pitt legacy. I wonder if anyone can figure it out. I’ll reveal the answer at 8
Julius’ daughter? Or is she in college already? And are you referring to a local?

Julius’ daughter? Or is she in college already? And are you referring to a local?
Haha she might be, haven’t seen.

Brandin knight’s nephew Tariq Francis is averaging 11.5 PPG at NJIT and has been rookie of the week in the league like 7/9 weeks of the season. His dad was a manager during Brandin’s years and a Pittsburgh police officer. Kid is a bucket getter

Also, Jake Dimichele will be getting buckets for the Dukes for a long time.

Brandin knight’s nephew Tariq Francis is averaging 11.5 PPG at NJIT and has been rookie of the week in the league like 7/9 weeks of the season. His dad was a manager during Brandin’s years and a Pittsburgh police officer. Kid is a bucket getter

Nice. City league alum then?

Page’s daughter is playing in the Ivy League. Good for her!!

I thought that’s where she ended up but I couldn’t remember. How do we develop so many good Girls hoopers but so few boys? You could find Western PA bruins on a ton of college rosters and they’re like a top 5 AAU organization. Is it just Paul Zeise’s coaching?

• Haha

Was Tariq's dad a student manager on BK's teams? I guess that would count as a Pitt legacy sort-of. 13 PPG as frosh, even in the A-Sun is pretty good. Hopefully he can continue to improve to become one of the better players in the A-Sun and we can get him as a junior or senior.

Was Tariq's dad a student manager on BK's teams? I guess that would count as a Pitt legacy sort-of. 13 PPG as frosh, even in the A-Sun is pretty good. Hopefully he can continue to improve to become one of the better players in the A-Sun and we can get him as a junior or senior.
Yes, as it said in my post.

He’ll go wherever BK is if he wants him as a junior. No matter how many coaches I shouted to the rooftops about him to, they would not listen. BK got that NJIT deal done.

Yes, as it said in my post.

He’ll go wherever BK is if he wants him as a junior. No matter how many coaches I shouted to the rooftops about him to, they would not listen. BK got that NJIT deal done.

I missed that but didn't know they were cousins. If he is P6, I'm sure he'll go to wherever BK is. Also, didnt realize he was a PPD officer. I thought I saw him working at the gym instead the US Steel building about 10-15 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT