ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Mandalorian

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
For the Star Wars fans here, what do you think about this season's Mandalorian? I've been watching and it has gone WAAAAAY done in quality this year. That most recent episode was comically bad. Shame after how great the previous season's final episode was.

For the Star Wars fans here, what do you think about this season's Mandalorian? I've been watching and it has gone WAAAAAY done in quality this year. That most recent episode was comically bad. Shame after how great the previous season's final episode was.
I have not watched the latest episode but the whole Book of Boba Fett through things off. We had to go rewatch the final two or three episodes as my wife had no idea how Grogu got back to him. I guess most would have watched both shows, but that in itself was a bed setup to continue from season two to three.

I have not watched the latest episode but the whole Book of Boba Fett through things off. We had to go rewatch the final two or three episodes as my wife had no idea how Grogu got back to him. I guess most would have watched both shows, but that in itself was a bed setup to continue from season two to three.

I didn't watch the BoBF, but they did have one flashback about Grogu getting rescued, so whatever happened there I don't know. They didn't need Grogu back but I guess Disney felt his character was neccessary to get people watching. It's not terrible, but it's also not good.

I think it’s very good. I love the setting up if the first order and also the mandalorian is a very big part of the universe

It’s not great. But I don’t think it ever was, outside of the finale last season. Filoni and Favreau are way overrated. The shows ratings/viewers are way down.

Disney and Lucasfilm has destroyed the Star Wars brand and it’s going to take a minor miracle to bring it back. It was a franchise that easily printed money, and now the next movie announced with Rey leading a Jedi academy is no slam dunk to even make money.

It’s not great. But I don’t think it ever was, outside of the finale last season. Filoni and Favreau are way overrated. The shows ratings/viewers are way down.

Disney and Lucasfilm has destroyed the Star Wars brand and it’s going to take a minor miracle to bring it back. It was a franchise that easily printed money, and now the next movie announced with Rey leading a Jedi academy is no slam dunk to even make money.

I think the first two seasons were good (enough for me to keep watching) with a great payoff at the end of season 2. This season has been meandering along. I think putting Lizzo and Jack Black in that one episode was almost trolling. Just weird, but whatever. The episode this past week was decent. At least the story progressed. I would like to see more of the new villian they introduced, but she has hardly been around since her introduction. Bad pacing and writing. Hopefully the rest of this seaon and then next is an improvement.

And the Rey movie is certainly something nobody has been asking for. It won't do well. Fans are upset because it's clearly a Disney woke driven film, which means that quality will be sacrificed (i.e. the hired a director who doesn't direct movies).

Reactions: Tucker99
I think the first two seasons were good (enough for me to keep watching) with a great payoff at the end of season 2. This season has been meandering along. I think putting Lizzo and Jack Black in that one episode was almost trolling. Just weird, but whatever. The episode this past week was decent. At least the story progressed. I would like to see more of the new villian they introduced, but she has hardly been around since her introduction. Bad pacing and writing. Hopefully the rest of this seaon and then next is an improvement.

And the Rey movie is certainly something nobody has been asking for. It won't do well. Fans are upset because it's clearly a Disney woke driven film, which means that quality will be sacrificed (i.e. the hired a director who doesn't direct movies).
I just think the pacing and writing has always been bad. I’m a fan so I’m still watching, as it doesn’t take a huge investment to devote 30-40 minutes per week.

Why is Jack black and the fat black woman trolling? I’m not sure what the intent was, but it was certainly cringe television that’s for sure.

As far as Rey, if she was a character that viewers were made to care about, I think many can overlook Disneys agenda. The fact is, they took an entire sequel trilogy and didn’t give us one character worth caring about. Can you name a character from the sequel trilogy that was good? I can’t name one. Every one of them sucked.

And back to Mando, they take a really good actor, put him in the lead role, and then put him in a storyline that requires him to wear his helmet 99% of the time with terrible voiceovers. The show runners are terrible. But, the payoff at the end of the last season was epic. So kudos for that.

I just think the pacing and writing has always been bad. I’m a fan so I’m still watching, as it doesn’t take a huge investment to devote 30-40 minutes per week.

Why is Jack black and the fat black woman trolling? I’m not sure what the intent was, but it was certainly cringe television that’s for sure.

As far as Rey, if she was a character that viewers were made to care about, I think many can overlook Disneys agenda. The fact is, they took an entire sequel trilogy and didn’t give us one character worth caring about. Can you name a character from the sequel trilogy that was good? I can’t name one. Every one of them sucked.

And back to Mando, they take a really good actor, put him in the lead role, and then put him in a storyline that requires him to wear his helmet 99% of the time with terrible voiceovers. The show runners are terrible. But, the payoff at the end of the last season was epic. So kudos for that.

I didn't watch the third movie (looks horrendous) but I can't recall a good character from the first two. Plus, ,they made characters people already like, not interesting and/or terrible.

I agree they should have kept Mando's helmet off. They could have easily written that into the story.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I didn't watch the third movie (looks horrendous) but I can't recall a good character from the first two. Plus, ,they made characters people already like, not interesting and/or terrible.

I agree they should have kept Mando's helmet off. They could have easily written that into the story.
Yeah good point. Not only did they not create new characters capable of leading the franchise into the future, but they ruined legend characters.

Yeah good point. Not only did they not create new characters capable of leading the franchise into the future, but they ruined legend characters.
Another thing about the 3rd movie of the trilogy, it was so bad I can’t remember if Ben solo lived or died. But he sucked too so it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: Tucker99
These threads are exhausting.

As a huge SW guy…

1: The prequels sucked. The sequel trilogy sucked. Only 2/3 of the OT are actually good. Take off the nostalgia glasses.

2: Kyle, Rey, Poe, and Finn were all interesting characters with great potential. Blame the writers for letting them down, not the “Disney woke agenda.” Having a female protagonist does not automatically make things a “bad woke movie.”

As a huge SW guy…

1: The prequels sucked. The sequel trilogy sucked. Only 2/3 of the OT are actually good. Take off the nostalgia glasses.

2: Kyle, Rey, Poe, and Finn were all interesting characters with great potential. Blame the writers for letting them down, not the “Disney woke agenda.” Having a female protagonist does not automatically make things a “bad woke movie.”
Agree on the female protagonist thing. Plenty of good female protagonists throughout history. This one just sucks. And kylo, Rey, Poe and Finn aren’t interesting characters because the writers and casting directors screwed the pooch with all of them. Although with Poe, I’ll blame the writing and directing because I think Isaac was a good addition to the cast.

Thing is about the prequels, they still gave us good characters. Padme, anakin(to a lesser extent because Christensen wasn’t great), Kenobi, and Windu were all good characters. Jar jar and Grevious were bad and both on par with sequel trilogy characters though. Lol.

As far as being exhausting, why? Disney felt like it was worth a 4 billion investment to buy and the additional investment of building a world in their theme parks. If the franchise was batting 2 for 6 as you say, Disney wouldn’t have bought it. The fact is, the World wanted more Star Wars, Disney saw an incredibly large market, and they gave the world a shit sandwich. It’s like a RB with a gaping hole, breaking through it and has 90 yards of empty field in front of him, only to fumble the ball with no one around him.

Reactions: Ski11585

As a huge SW guy…

I don't disagree with a progressive agenda with more representation. I have a problem with doing so at the expense of the story, which is what Disney has done.... and will continue to do.

Look at who Disney has chosen as the director for the next Rey movie. Why did they choose that person?

I don't disagree with a progressive agenda with more representation. I have a problem with doing so at the expense of the story, which is what Disney has done.... and will continue to do.

Look at who Disney has chosen as the director for the next Rey movie. Why did they choose that person?
Well the brand is on life support and let’s hope they hired the best person for the job. They did hire a slam dunk Director, right?they just had to. They have to know it’s probably the most critical decision they’ve ever made, right? The number 1 agenda should be to make a billion dollars minimum, and create a story that leaves fans wanting more.

Who did they hire? Can they be worse than the following:

-Abrams
-The guys they fired when Solo was essentially done filming
-Ruin Johnson
-Abrams again
-Filoni and Favreau

??????

What’s wrong with going back to Gareth Edwards or whatever the guys name was who did Rogue 1? I thought that was pretty good. Although I did hear that Filoni might have actually been the one to come in and direct the final Vader scene?

How was an agenda pushed at the expense of the story? Because they had a woman and a black guy?

As a huge SW guy…

Ashoka tano is quite possibly my favorite character in all of Star Wars.

I think mando is solid. I thought the clone wars were fantastic and the ending arc and especially the last scene are right up there with any other Star Wars moments. I’ve also enjoyed the bad batch

Man, you guys are such snowflakes.

The sequels weren’t good but it wasn’t because of a work agenda. Jesus Christ

Well the brand is on life support and let’s hope they hired the best person for the job. They did hire a slam dunk Director, right?they just had to. They have to know it’s probably the most critical decision they’ve ever made, right? The number 1 agenda should be to make a billion dollars minimum, and create a story that leaves fans wanting more.

-Abrams
-Ruin Johnson
-Abrams again
-Filoni and Favreau

??????

What’s wrong with going back to Gareth Edwards or whatever the guys name was who did Rogue 1? I thought that was pretty good. Although I did hear that Filoni might have actually been the one to come in and direct the final Vader scene?
I think life support is some hyperbole.

Andor is the best piece of SW media since Empire.

Agree on the female protagonist thing. Plenty of good female protagonists throughout history. This one just sucks. And kylo, Rey, Poe and Finn aren’t interesting characters because the writers and casting directors screwed the pooch with all of them. Although with Poe, I’ll blame the writing and directing because I think Isaac was a good addition to the cast.

Thing is about the prequels, they still gave us good characters. Padme, anakin(to a lesser extent because Christensen wasn’t great), Kenobi, and Windu were all good characters. Jar jar and Grevious were bad and both on par with sequel trilogy characters though. Lol.

As far as being exhausting, why? Disney felt like it was worth a 4 billion investment to buy and the additional investment of building a world in their theme parks. If the franchise was batting 2 for 6 as you say, Disney wouldn’t have bought it. The fact is, the World wanted more Star Wars, Disney saw an incredibly large market, and they gave the world a shit sandwich. It’s like a RB with a gaping hole, breaking through it and has 90 yards of empty field in front of him, only to fumble the ball with no one around him.
Did you watch clone wars? For that matter as far as female antagonist did you watch andor

How was an agenda pushed at the expense of the story? Because they had a woman and a black guy?

Stop being a clown. I think movies need more women and minorities in leading roles, so I am not being criticla of that. What I am critical of is Disney focusing on something like a female lead being more important then everything else. So the female lead has to be amazing from the get go. It's stupid. Compare that to Luke in the OT. He was a cocky kid who had to go throgh a process or becoming a strong Jedi Knight. Imagine if he were able to kick Vader's butt in the first movie. How interesting would that have been?

-Abrams
-Ruin Johnson
-Abrams again
-Filoni and Favreau

??????

That's just it. You would expect them to hire someone who has proven to kill it. But nope.

Stop being a clown. I think movies need more women and minorities in leading roles, so I am not being criticla of that. What I am critical of is Disney focusing on something like a female lead being more important then everything else. So the female lead has to be amazing from the get go. It's stupid. Compare that to Luke in the OT. He was a cocky kid who had to go throgh a process or becoming a strong Jedi Knight. Imagine if he were able to kick Vader's butt in the first movie. How interesting would that have been?
I mean he blew up the Death Star, and broke the princess out of the same Death Star in the first movie so….

I mean he blew up the Death Star, and broke the princess out of the same Death Star in the first movie so….

After Han saves him. And he had help from Obi Wan on the Death Star.

And those aren't equivilents. The equivilent would be Luke defeating or even hanging with Vader in a duel.

After Han saves him. And he had help from Obi Wan on the Death Star.

And those aren't equivilents. The equivilent would be Luke defeating or even hanging with Vader in a duel.
I mean he did after like a week of training. Vader, who was anakin skywalker one of the most gifted force users of all time

How many X-Wings had Luke flown before blowing up the Death Star?

Asking you to defend your pathetic point isn’t being a clown.

Reactions: KennyHeisman8
How many X-Wings had Luke flown before blowing up the Death Star?

Asking you to defend your pathetic point isn’t being a clown.

He already flew a similar vehicle. So it made sense that he could transition to the x-wing. Now, where was the part where he was able to defeat Vader??? Oh wait... It never happened until after he was trained by Yoda. Are you going to keep trying to pick stupid examples over and over hoping that one makes sense?

He already flew a similar vehicle. So it made sense that he could transition to the x-wing. Now, where was the part where he was able to defeat Vader??? Oh wait... It never happened until after he was trained by Yoda. Are you going to keep trying to pick stupid examples over and over hoping that one makes sense?
So it takes years for someone to master the Jedi arts, but you’re cool with Luke doing it in a week?

No. Flying a T-16 (which can’t go into space) is not the same as successfully evading Vader and blowing up the Death Star. Cmon dude. You’re nowhere near as edgy as you think.

• Haha
No. Flying a T-16 (which can’t go into space) is not the same as successfully evading Vader and blowing up the Death Star. Cmon dude. You’re nowhere near as edgy as you think.

He evaded Vader because of Han, else he would have been blown up. He uses the force to.make shot.

Then, he trained with Yoda and still wasn't able to handle Vader. Contrast that to Rey who was able to take on Ren from the start. Just stupid.

He evaded Vader because of Han, else he would have been blown up. He uses the force to.make shot.

Then, he trained with Yoda and still wasn't able to handle Vader. Contrast that to Rey who was able to take on Ren from the start. Just stupid.
He trained for like a week lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT