ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Mandalorian

What r u talking about. When stallings got hired there was plenty of people asking if he was the best candidate. We do that with every hire pitt makes.

And Gallagher was criticized by some as being liberal, so his theory of white dudes never being criticized goes out the window quickly.

Reactions: Millerton24
th
Who cares ?

Reactions: Ski11585
Also removing a character like dune from the storyline because her political and Covid stances do not match Disney is ridiculous

She was fired because she compared being a Republican to being a Jew in the Holocaust. She had a big tantrum online and she paid for it. Wasn't because of her politics per se, but because of the specific complaint she made.

Anyway, she was a terrible actress who probably only got the job in the first place because of the "Woke Disney Agenda" to hire more women.

She was fired because she compared being a Republican to being a Jew in the Holocaust. She had a big tantrum online and she paid for it. Wasn't because of her politics per se, but because of the specific complaint she made.

Anyway, she was a terrible actress who probably only got the job in the first place because of the "Woke Disney Agenda" to hire more women.

I don't think what she said was anti semitic. You can argue that the degree of her comparison was off, but it certainly wasn't a hateful post against Jewish people and the point seemed to be that people can be made to hate their neighbors simply because of who they are (i.e. Jewish, Republican, etc). That's true. It can and has happened, and people seem to be becoming more hateful of one another simply because of their political affiliation. Some even predict we are heading for another Civil War.

I don't think what she said was anti semitic. You can argue that the degree of her comparison was off, but it certainly wasn't a hateful post against Jewish people and the point seemed to be that people can be made to hate their neighbors simply because of who they are (i.e. Jewish, Republican, etc). That's true. It can and has happened, and people seem to be becoming more hateful of one another simply because of their political affiliation. Some even predict we are heading for another Civil War.

"You could argue that the degree of comparison was off."

Yeah, I mean on the one hand, European Jews held no practical power in WW2 and Jews as young as a few days old were killed by the millions to the extent that the faith and people were more or less wiped entirely from Europe.

And on the other hand, here in 2023 America, Republicans have a majority of state legislatures, a SCOTUS supermajority, the House of Representatives, are only down 2 seats in the Senate, and have practically 50-50 odds to win a trifecta in 2024.

Totally the same thing!

"You could argue that the degree of comparison was off."

Yeah, I mean on the one hand, European Jews held no practical power in WW2 and Jews as young as a few days old were killed by the millions to the extent that the faith and people were more or less wiped entirely from Europe.

And on the other hand, here in 2023 America, Republicans have a majority of state legislatures, a SCOTUS supermajority, the House of Representatives, are only down 2 seats in the Senate, and have practically 50-50 odds to win a trifecta in 2024.

Totally the same thing!

I think her point was an attempt to compare to the pre Nazi Holocaust activities. The thuggery at the beginning. For example Crystal Knight. You start by getting people to hate their neighbor.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I think her point was an attempt to compare to the pre Nazi Holocaust activities. The thuggery at the beginning. For example Crystal Knight. You start by getting people to hate their neighbor.
Regardless, it was a poor comparison that would likely get anyone in trouble at their job. Having to face consequences for one's actions is not a case of "wokeism" or cancel culture run amok.

Reactions: lilspainishflea

I'm not going to try to parse out what she "actually" meant in an effort to argue with you. If you think your experience in America in 2020 resembles the Jews living under Nazi rule, you're an idiot. Full stop, end of conversation.

It was a silly comparison that had no basis in reality whether she meant Nazi atrocities 1933 or 1944. Just the uninformed rantings of an absolute crybaby who was sad that her side lost an election.

It’s selective cancellation. Let’s be honest. Pedro Pascal previously made tweets comparing Trump supporters to Nazi members. This is relatively similar to Gina Carano’s own comments, which compared being a Republican to being a Jewish individual in Nazi Germany. Kathleen Kennedy didn’t have to go off and fire a fan favorite character. But she did and she undermined Jon Favreau in the process. And Mando is still paying for it to this day.

Favreau had built out the Mando story, and Carano’s character was a part of it, and there were spin offs announced with her (Rangers of the New Republic). When Kennedy fired her, it caused Favreau to reverse course and scrap the story treatments and the future of Mando. Now there’s a mess. And Filoni has taken over as the primary show runner now and is introducing his characters into the Mando verse. Favreau has taken a backseat in his own creation, and now we are seeing a garbage product and ratings are down.

Back to Pascal…now Filoni and Kennedy have made Bo Catan the central figure in the Mandalorian. So another female centric show. What a weird coincidence. Who wouldn’t be shocked to see Mando killed off in the finale? Would I bet on it? No. Would I be shocked? No. They already killed off a Favreau character last week.

Best thing that could happen would be for Iger to step in, wrestle Kennedy away again, and save Favreau from checking out and moving on altogether.

It’s selective cancellation. Let’s be honest. Pedro Pascal previously made tweets comparing Trump supporters to Nazi members. This is relatively similar to Gina Carano’s own comments, which compared being a Republican to being a Jewish individual in Nazi Germany. Kathleen Kennedy didn’t have to go off and fire a fan favorite character. But she did and she undermined Jon Favreau in the process. And Mando is still paying for it to this day.

Favreau had built out the Mando story, and Carano’s character was a part of it, and there were spin offs announced with her (Rangers of the New Republic). When Kennedy fired her, it caused Favreau to reverse course and scrap the story treatments and the future of Mando. Now there’s a mess. And Filoni has taken over as the primary show runner now and is introducing his characters into the Mando verse. Favreau has taken a backseat in his own creation, and now we are seeing a garbage product and ratings are down.

Back to Pascal…now Filoni and Kennedy have made Bo Catan the central figure in the Mandalorian. So another female centric show. What a weird coincidence. Who wouldn’t be shocked to see Mando killed off in the finale? Would I bet on it? No. Would I be shocked? No. They already killed off a Favreau character last week.

Best thing that could happen would be for Iger to step in, wrestle Kennedy away again, and save Favreau from checking out and moving on altogether.

There's a lot of editorializing in here.

Anyway, Bo-Katan Kryze predates Disney. So unless you think Dave Filoni had some 15 year plan to replace Gina Carrano, you argument makes no sense. Bo-Katan is also one of the most important Mandalorians in history, a rebellious royal/terrorist and ultimately the regent of the planet. She even fought against Darth Maul. So it makes complete sense that she'd be a focal point of the show. It's not because Disney is woke and Kryze is a woman.

Last edited:
There's a lot of editorializing in here.

Anyway, Bo-Katan Kryze predates Disney. So unless you think Dave Filoni had some 15 year plan to replace Gina Carrano, you argument makes no sense. Bo-Katan is also one of the most important Mandalorians in history, a rebellious royal/terrorist and ultimately the regent of the planet. She even fought against Darth Maul. So it makes complete sense that she'd be a focal point of the show. It's not because Disney is woke and Kryze is a woman.
Never said there was a 15 year plan. Never said Filoni had a plan to replace Carano. But it sure makes his boss happy that the Mandalorian is now female centric. Now the universe has been corrected.

You can argue that the central figures of Star Wars in 2023 annd beyond are Catan, Asoka and Rey.

Intentional? Maybe or maybe not. Which is why I simply said coincidence.

By the way, I think Ashoka is a good character. Cara Dune was too. Would love to see Favreau have the freedom to bring her back.

I'm not going to try to parse out what she "actually" meant in an effort to argue with you. If you think your experience in America in 2020 resembles the Jews living under Nazi rule, you're an idiot. Full stop, end of conversation.

It was a silly comparison that had no basis in reality whether she meant Nazi atrocities 1933 or 1944. Just the uninformed rantings of an absolute crybaby who was sad that her side lost an election.

Maybe she is an idiot. And a crybaby. Doesn't make her comment anti semitic. When I hear someone make a stupid comment that working in an Amazon Warehouse is like slavery, I don't think they are being racist. Nor should the be fired from their job.

Female/diversity centric direction just like Disney did to Marvel.
(white male) Hulk to She Hulk (white female)
(white male) Iron man to Iron heart (black female)
(white male) Thor to Jane Foster (white female)
(white male) Hawkeye to Kate bishop (white female)
Ms Marvel (middle eastern female)
(white male) Captain America to Sam Wilson (black male)
(black male) Black Panther to Black Panther (black female)

There is nothing wrong with any of these characters but there is a distinct direction that Disney has taken with both Star Wars and Marvel franchises. Also to point out facts does not make you racist or sexist.

There is nothing wrong with any of these characters but there is a distinct direction that Disney has taken with both Star Wars and Marvel franchises. Also to point out facts does not make you racist or sexist.

For all of you guys who claim to hate the new Star Wars and Marvel, you sure do seem to watch every frickin thing they put out.

You know that all the characters you cited are like 40 years old right? She-Hulk debuted in 1979. Kate Bishop debuted in the Young Avengers in 2005.

This thread is so stupid.

For all of you guys who claim to hate the new Star Wars and Marvel, you sure do seem to watch every frickin thing they put out.

Well for me, I didn't watch the third trilogy movie. Didn't watch Obi Wan. Didn't watch Book of Boba Fett. Might not watch next season of The Mandalorian. I will watch next eason of Andor, unless KK ruins that, too.

Well as a father of two elementary aged children who got them hooked on the star wars and marvel franchises before all these changes started occurring over the last 3 years or so I am kinda stuck watching some of this garbage with them and am able to make these observations. I likely would not watch most of this on my own anymore.

Well as a father of two elementary aged children who got them hooked on the star wars and marvel franchises before all these changes started occurring over the last 3 years or so I am kinda stuck watching some of this garbage with them and am able to make these observations. I likely would not watch most of this on my own anymore.
As ski said these characters didn’t appear out of thin air. They’ve been around a longtime.

Like OMG!!!! Cat woman is so woke!!!!

Reactions: lilspainishflea
But Marvel has had female superheroes for decades. Was Marvel woke in the 80s?

But Marvel has had female superheroes for decades. Was Marvel woke in the 80s?

Marvel has always been super woke.

The parallels between the X-Men and African-Americans in the Civil Rights movement are pretty obvious. There are also stories that reflect South African apartheid (Genosha), the Red Scare, and the Holocaust. And since mutants can come from anywhere, you have them representing every race, creed, and sexuality.

Again, the world hasn't changed as much as you're led to believe. These stories have enjoyed by people on all sides of the political spectrum for years and years. It's just a problem for certain people now because they are consuming tons of media that tells them it's a problem.

Personally speaking yeah I watch it all, except She Hulk because it was cringe bad, and Ms Marvel because it felt I felt creepy watching something geared toward preteen girls.

And personally I’ve never stated that I have a problem with any of it. I am just pointing out facts. Quality has slipped and they need to fix it before they kill the brand.

Here’s an example of how bad it is. They had the highest rated episode of the Mandalorian and created the most Star Wars buzz in 35 years with what they did with Luke in the season 3 finale.

So what did they do with it? Kathleen Kennedy steps back in and has them undo the entire thing a few months later in an episode of Boba Fett. It’s as though it never happened. What was the point of Luke showing up and taking Groghu away? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Marvel has always been super woke.
Agreed. The people writing and reading comic books are the purple haired nose pierced woke freaks we see hanging out at the Bee Hive on the south side. the comic books are all the source material for the movies and shows.

So it’s a woke universe and we are living in it. If people don’t like it, they don’t have to watch. And if marvel studios doesn’t mind their movies making less money, then it’s on them.

Personally speaking, representation is fine.

Personally speaking yeah I watch it all, except She Hulk because it was cringe bad, and Ms Marvel because it felt I felt creepy watching something geared toward preteen girls.

And personally I’ve never stated that I have a problem with any of it. I am just pointing out facts. Quality has slipped and they need to fix it before they kill the brand.

Here’s an example of how bad it is. They had the highest rated episode of the Mandalorian and created the most Star Wars buzz in 35 years with what they did with Luke in the season 3 finale.

So what did they do with it? Kathleen Kennedy steps back in and has them undo the entire thing a few months later in an episode of Boba Fett. It’s as though it never happened. What was the point of Luke showing up and taking Groghu away? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

I didn't even know that part.

Agreed. The people writing and reading comic books are the purple haired nose pierced woke freaks we see hanging out at the Bee Hive on the south side. the comic books are all the source material for the movies and shows.

So it’s a woke universe and we are living in it. If people don’t like it, they don’t have to watch. And if marvel studios doesn’t mind their movies making less money, then it’s on them.

Personally speaking, representation is fine.
You say representation is fine, yet the vast majority of posts in this thread are people apparently not fine with representation, quick to assume it's because of some big bad progressive agenda.

Reactions: KennyHeisman8
You say representation is fine, yet the vast majority of posts in this thread are people apparently not fine with representation, quick to assume it's because of some big bad progressive agenda.
Progressives don’t understand that there’s a difference between representation and wokeness. The woke aren’t happy with representation, they always want more and more. There will always be someone more marginalized and they will never stop.

Reactions: Dointhatrag
For the Star Wars fans here, what do you think about this season's Mandalorian? I've been watching and it has gone WAAAAAY done in quality this year. That most recent episode was comically bad. Shame after how great the previous season's final episode was.
Bring back "Tom Corbett, Space Cadet." Ban cartoons.

What are the talking about? The vast majority are people not fine with representation?

Progressives don’t understand that there’s a difference between representation and wokeness. The woke aren’t happy with representation, they always want more and more. There will always be someone more marginalized and they will never stop.
Well when people like you marginalize everyone you can….

• Haha
I'm still eager to hear how something I said was racist or how I don't like representation. I'm waiting.

I'm still eager to hear how something I said was racist or how I don't like representation. I'm waiting.
Or how I marginalize people. Lol. You have to accept the fact that some people are so far out there, and their level of indoctrination is either still too recent or too severe, that you should just accept the fact that you’re level headed and some people just are not at this point in their lives.

He was the Johnny Depp of his day! Hopefully there were no Amber Heards in his life.

Or maybe a Dwayne Johnson??
Had the same thought. Gotta love the guy, works his ass off and still seems happy. Great American success story. And a trademark eyebrow!!

What a time for wrestling fans when The Rock, Steve Austin and Hollywood Hulk Hogan were all popular.

What a time for wrestling fans when The Rock, Steve Austin and Hollywood Hulk Hogan were all popular.
Kathleen Kennedy would have made them all midcarders and had the Divas headline every show…or even had austin drop the title to Molly Holly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT