ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Point, 1954 and Now

Look at all of that glorious parking.

On a related note, is the Pittsburgh Post Gazette building still vacant since they moved over to the north shore? Seems to be a prime location for another tower.

Since it is around the shortest distance to the point a building would have to be 10 floors or lower to conform to the height restriction ordinance in relation to the Steel Blg and the point.

On a related note, is the Pittsburgh Post Gazette building still vacant since they moved over to the north shore? Seems to be a prime location for another tower.

Yes it is still vacant. There was an article fairly recently in the business times or post gazette about the current state of the building. I think whoever owns it bagged their redevelopment plans and are preparing to sell it.

Yes it is still vacant. There was an article fairly recently in the business times or post gazette about the current state of the building. I think whoever owns it bagged their redevelopment plans and are preparing to sell it.

Was kind of hoping to see the ugly facade taken off to expose the old brickwork but I assume it was muddled beyond repair when that was done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT