ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Would the NFL postpone the Steelers game?

No. This game is for all the losers at home with nothing better to do on Christmas Eve.

Thoughts and prayers to those who have to be there because it’s their job: security, ticket takers, parking lot attendants, concession workers, etc.
Losers, ur a clown

It's toxic masculinity thoughts like this that make me think how lucky I am to have a brain. There is no drop in my testosterone for thinking some poor soul or possibly their child could get a pneumonia or worse sitting in this weather for 3 plus hours. Go get some egg nog and enjoy your Christmas 🙃
Frost bite will be common

They have no problem canceling the Steelers and ravens on Thanksgiving night and making us wait five extra days. They should be no exception they should’ve move it to tomorrow but they won’t

According to weather.com it's 10 degrees right now. Tomorrow it is supposed to 15 degrees. Is all that inconvenience for the people working at the game, the teams, the officials, the television people, and anyone else mitigated by the temperature being 5 degrees higher?

Even Michael Irvin can figure out that it's easier to throw the ball over the middle in conditions like these. Let's see how long it takes Matt Canada to get it.
The short crossing patterns that the Steelers ran almost exclusively the last couple Roethlisberger seasons are clearly what’s called for on a night like tonight. So of course we’re not seeing them thus far.

Even Michael Irvin can figure out that it's easier to throw the ball over the middle in conditions like these. Let's see how long it takes Matt Canada to get it.
I’m sure there is a certain X O self proclaimed expert who will explain why Canada’s system is actually great just like Cignetti’s - in spite of the Results

there is no reason the head coach, offensive coordinator, or defensive coordinator should remain employees of this organization

but at least 2 of the 3 will be here next year

at least 2 of the 3

Play calling has been horrible tonight. Not a big bash the coordinator guy, but Canada is pretty bad.

Not sure yet if Pickett is the guy or not, but having Canada as his OC is not going to help his growth at all.

We’ll be missed 2 FGs, not because of bad kicks in the cold weather, just because he pushed both of them left.

But of course you have absolutely no idea if that's actually true or not. It is not only possible, it's likely that he attempted to hit both balls harder because he knew the balls were hard as rocks, and that that helped to make the ball fly the way that it did,

Trying a 52 yard field goal in these conditions on 4th and 4 is uncommonly stupid.
End of game situation is a maybe, if there is even a few seconds left the move would be to try and get a couple more yards.

At that place and time it makes absolutely no sense at all.

Did you watch the kicks? I don’t care how cold it is, he hit both of them solid and more than far enough, he just yanked both of them a little left. It sure wasn’t because of the cold that he missed them.

Like I said, you have absolutely no way to know that that is true, and in fact it almost certainly is not true.

Do you really think that he didn't kick the ball differently because of how cold it is than he would have if it were sunny and 75?

Did you watch the kicks? I don’t care how cold it is, he hit both of them solid and more than far enough, he just yanked both of them a little left. It sure wasn’t because of the cold that he missed them.
Because he’s kicking a brick
Buddy -
It’s stupid to be kicking long field goals in this game in these conditions

Reactions: Chaos
The Raiders have one of the top 2-3 kickers in football and I don’t think they would’ve kicked there.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
End of game situation is a maybe, if there is even a few seconds left the move would be to try and get a couple more yards.

At that place and time it makes absolutely no sense at all.

Yeah, if it's 10-10 and there's three seconds left then sure, give it a go. But in that situation? No.

Reactions: Chaos
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT