ADVERTISEMENT

OT:wpial 7-0 in state finals

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Right now. Wpial has won every championship. With Marstellar still looming (I think), WPIaL won't win them all but it's very impressive.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by mike412:
Aren't there like 18 weight classes in the PIAA? 7 for 7 is impressive but there is a long way to go.
There are 14 weight classes in the PIAA ....... WPIAL had 8 champions and 4 runner-ups.

Re: My old HS had a guy in the finals.

Lebo got their first guy in the finals in about 75 years. He lost but I like the showing.

Re: My old HS had a guy in the finals.

I think the Lebo kid wrestled the kid from Latrobe in the final if I am not mistaken. I am one to always root for the underdog. The Lebo kid lost to him 3 times this year. I was hoping he'd win, but he lost 3-1. Close match, but in 4 matches he never took down the Latrobe kid.

Can someone help with just giving me an idea of Pitts involvement with the two undefeated kids Haines and marstellar. Obviously they're going to ohio st and Oklahoma state and at one point were psu bound. But was Pitt even trying or considered at all with the upswing of the program I'm just interested in what the top kid in the world let alone the country and a top heavyweight of the country may have had to say about Pitt. Thanks to anyone who helps.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Not sure I can speak to either, but Marstellar was a foregone conclusion to PSU for so long that I can't imagine Pitt was involved at all. Plus, he strikes me as a farm kid (actually I think he really is) and I can't imagine Oakland would be for him.

Re: Great year but it also proves

Lebo had a state champ in 1962 at 120.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT